An Interview with Developer Claude Lois

By Rebecca Irwin/Correspondant Published: Wednesday, October 25, 2006 9:42 AM CDT Correspondent Rebecca Irwin met with developer Claude Lois of Fyre Lake Ventures LLC Monday Oct. Full Story
Claude Lois Developer

United States

#1 Feb 5, 2007
Claude lois Developer? He is the Mayor of Burlington
Wisc. & is run by local developers & business interests. He also has a lot of experience with a
large & FAILED Burlington TIF development which
benefited only the locals who CONTROL HIM. Wake up!
This man is a POLITICIAN with a questionable set of
ETHICS. Any comments CLAUDE?
Claude Lois Pays CASH

United States

#2 Feb 9, 2007
Yes sir CASH is availible. Whether its
needed for playground equipment or Personal
Use , Claude PAYS CASH. Cash payment via
LAS VEGAS chips availible too! Local policians
& city council members need apply only!
WISC

Lake Geneva, WI

#4 Jun 6, 2007
People of Illinois beware of a wolf in sheeps clothing. Claude Lois will try taking over your City next. He has no ethics and sees nothing wrong with hiring his own daughter to be Treasurer in Burlington. No conflicts there.
TRUTH

Cedarburg, WI

#5 Jun 6, 2007
CLAUDE LOIS IS A TRUE ASSET TO HIS COMMUNITY. He has lead the City through a massive redevelopment project (successfully), retaining local manufacturing and commercial enterprises, and without raising taxes. Due to their success, the local TIF districts (that were formed under another mayor) to finance this redevelopment are projected to be paid off early. And Claude has been elected to office by the voters MANY times, so obviously he must be doing good things for the City.

Anyone objectively comparing the City ten years ago with today would belive the City has improved. Claude Lois is active and involved in his community, donating large quantities of time and talent to it's development. I wonder how much the people speaking so negatively about this wonderful man contribute to their communities, other then speaking jeaously about the accomplishments of others?
Streator IL

Cedarburg, WI

#6 Jun 7, 2007
I have read the comments made here and thought that I would check some of them out. I called Burlington, and found out that the Mayor did not hire his daughter, as Treasure, I guess that makes "Springfield, WI, a liar. I also checked with the Racine County DA office, the State Attorneys office and the US Attorney in Milwaukee and was told that Mr. McKillip was not under investagtion nor was there any charges pending. I guess this makes Kevin McKillip Felon: a liar also. I checked on the TIF in Burlington, did you know that it is set to pay it's self off early? How does closing out early and paying it's self off early make it a Failure. I gues this makes "Lake Geneva" a liar also.
Are you sure

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#7 Jul 10, 2007
I also have checked and have discovered that your statements are correct. His daughter is already the Budget Officer and will also be appointed the Treasurer. It appears your statement is correct "that the mayor did not hire". I hope that this whole development is going ahead full steam and can be a success. These dealings with lawsuits and such should be redirected to making sure of successful completion of this development. Enough with Liars and all this talk
Kevin Mckillip Developer

Midway, AL

#8 Dec 3, 2007
I have read all the above articles & all I can
make from it is that Mayor/Developer Claude Lois
is a somewhat inept politician who wants to be
Developer. His partner Developer Kevin Mckillip
is a established Real Estate Developer who also
got a lot of bad press from partnering with
Claude Lois on FYRE LAKE NATIONAL due to Mr. Lois
many conflicts with contracts being awarded to
himself as Mayor of Burlington Wisc. What an odd
couple they make.
Claude Lois - Go Away

Milwaukee, WI

#9 Dec 7, 2007
Claude Lois - Dear Mayor : You have robbed our
Town. Please leave.
Are you kidding

Milwaukee, WI

#10 Dec 20, 2007
Odd Couple? They make the perfect pair!
An inept politician, a real estate developer and all the nepotism you can stomach! All I can say is please pass the tums!
Claude Lois

Forsyth, GA

#11 Aug 13, 2008
Ex Mayor Claude Lois is making sure his daughter

is well taken care of as Burlington's Treasurer.

Bridget has no background in accounting yet she is

treasurer of a city's $10million+ budget. Her new

outrageous raise at taxpayers expense is wrong.

The US attorney needs to look at this city & it's

strange city council dealings. It also needs to

look @ Claude Lois & his partnership in a real

estate company in Illinois. Good luck Mr. Claude

Lois , many people believe you'll need it.
LIVING A LIE IN B-TOWN

Milwaukee, WI

#12 Oct 9, 2008
WHAT A MESS!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Milan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
the music thread (Mar '12) 10 hr Musikologist 19
Rockridge tops St. Bede; maintains top spot in ... Oct 4 john 1
Mass. dentist accused of using paper clips in r... (Mar '10) Sep 26 Peter Simmons 2
Do away with the Friends of the Library? Sep 25 caring55 1
One dead after standoff at Elk Grove Village ap... (Apr '12) Sep '14 Eric Kampmeier 9
Review: Dekamore Dental - Kory Waid DDS (Sep '11) Sep '14 Karebear 8
Attn Adoptees and Birth Parents and siblings Re... (Jun '13) Sep '14 joanNYadoptees 2
Milan Dating
Find my Match

Milan Jobs

Milan People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Milan News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Milan

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]