Two more charged in Blaine DWI death

Jennifer B. Swanson allegedly hit the back of a stopped vehicle at 85 to 95 mph. Read more
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Mad Viking

Minneapolis, MN

#2 Mar 10, 2009
Another killer drunk. The sad part is that all three will probably get workhouse time or probation. The really scary part is that Ms. Swanson is probably capable of driving drunk and killing again. This will continue until Minnesota gets serious with DUI offenders, especially those who have killed or hurt people.

Since: Feb 08

Sandstone MN

#3 Mar 10, 2009
She was 18, he was 31? I'm betting the gene pool is none too deep.
Lawyer

Saint Paul, MN

#5 Mar 10, 2009
There's a reason they call it Loserlinks....
Frank N Stein

Glenview, IL

#6 Mar 10, 2009
She looks like Ruth Buzzie........

“Don't Say Like Dat”

Since: May 08

Jerusalem

#8 Mar 10, 2009
sad sad sad
18 years old drunk and driving ouch
i feel for all involved fun gone sideways no comes the pain and agony
Motley Larry

Winter Park, FL

#11 Mar 10, 2009
She killed someone and messed up another and some are talking about how ugly she is? Get a life losers.
Angrybkrsbitch

Rochester, MN

#12 Mar 11, 2009
Disgruntled Outstater wrote:
She was 18, he was 31? I'm betting the gene pool is none too deep.
The gene pool needs some chlorine, too!!!

“WHAT WERE YA THINKIN ?”

Since: Mar 09

CUCKOO'S NEST

#14 Mar 11, 2009
guilty 25 years sober up next case
Tom Alciere

Hudson, NH

#15 Mar 11, 2009
Always remember that the government never had any right to impose the drinking age on anybody who never consented to it. Drunk drivers are the ones who should be punished, not their suppliers. To see what happens under the current laws, see

http://udadd.com/memorial.html
Pico

Cottage Grove, MN

#16 Mar 11, 2009
Tom Alciere wrote:
Always remember that the government never had any right to impose the drinking age on anybody who never consented to it. Drunk drivers are the ones who should be punished, not their suppliers. To see what happens under the current laws, see
http://udadd.com/memorial.html
You are a tool
angrymom

United States

#17 Mar 12, 2009
Terrible about the injured woman, but it turns out Bradley Lyver was a convicted pedophile rapist. Go to http://pa.courts.state.mn.us/default.aspx , click on "Criminal/Traffic/Petty Case Records", and search by "Defendant" for his name. He also failed to register as a predatory offender in 2005. Nice guy. I hope Ms. McBain watched him adound her children! So you can see I'm not exacly in mouring, myself. IMO, they should just charge her with the DUI, underage drinking, injuring Ms. McBain, and the damage to the vehicles. And then give her a reduced sentence for taking out the trash.
attn_required

United States

#18 Mar 12, 2009
If an idiot thinks she's old enough to drink, why not old enough to live up to HER OWN mistakes!!! If they bring charges on those who actually purchased the booze why don't they press charges on those who sell the guns to idiots who go on a killing rampage!!!! Or those who sell baseball bats or knives?!!!
really

Minneapolis, MN

#19 Mar 13, 2009
well being as you people dont know the girl who was drinking and driving you really have no right to judge her. i am a close friend to her and i know that is the first time she had ever drove after drinking, i know what she has been going through everyday since the accident and believe me she is not taking it lightly,and she also feels like crap since two people are being charged along with her being as it was her dumb choice to drink and drive, and she feels sorry for ms.mcbain but what was she doing at 2 oclock in the morning with a sex offender shouldnt have she been home with her children? honestly you people make me sick and for the author of this article thanks to you jennifers younger sister is getting harrassed in school because of what you wrote about her here, does it state the fact that joe took advantage of her in a room with no lights on and she thought it was daniel?
Lindsey

Saint Paul, MN

#20 Mar 17, 2009
I do not feel one bit of remorse for your friend, she made a stupid mistake. She took someones life (my best friend), and now I hope she will have her life taken away too. If she felt so bad then why in the world would she choose to plead not guilty and put Brads family and friends through even more. I hope she at least gets the maxium sentence and fines. As far as your sly little remarks about her being out at that time with a sex offender, you know nothing about their life. People with childen do still have a life. If you were to acutally do your research or would have known Brad you would've known the reason why he has that charge on his record. Their are many explaination to being charged as a sex offender but unfortunetly their are not many explanations for driving drunk and taking someones life. You have a lot of nerve to pick on a dead person.
really wrote:
well being as you people dont know the girl who was drinking and driving you really have no right to judge her. i am a close friend to her and i know that is the first time she had ever drove after drinking, i know what she has been going through everyday since the accident and believe me she is not taking it lightly,and she also feels like crap since two people are being charged along with her being as it was her dumb choice to drink and drive, and she feels sorry for ms.mcbain but what was she doing at 2 oclock in the morning with a sex offender shouldnt have she been home with her children? honestly you people make me sick and for the author of this article thanks to you jennifers younger sister is getting harrassed in school because of what you wrote about her here, does it state the fact that joe took advantage of her in a room with no lights on and she thought it was daniel?
Lindsey

Saint Paul, MN

#21 Mar 17, 2009
The only trash I see is you and your stupid ass comments. You must really have no life in order to go around doing research about a dead person. Who for the record was one of my best friends and an amazing man, who just so happened to have a false acquistion charged to his name. He did his time for his crime and now should this young child. I can not believe that their is actually people still like you left in this world. If that was your child or friend that was killed by a drunk driver I am sure your song would change. What he did in his past is no ones business and does not change who he was as a person. I hope someone takes your white trash ass out. The fact that you are probably a grown woman to and are acting as a child is beyond me. Grow up and find a life, instead of talking about those who have lost their life.
angrymom wrote:
Terrible about the injured woman, but it turns out Bradley Lyver was a convicted pedophile rapist. Go to http://pa.courts.state.mn.us/default.aspx , click on "Criminal/Traffic/Petty Case Records", and search by "Defendant" for his name. He also failed to register as a predatory offender in 2005. Nice guy. I hope Ms. McBain watched him adound her children! So you can see I'm not exacly in mouring, myself. IMO, they should just charge her with the DUI, underage drinking, injuring Ms. McBain, and the damage to the vehicles. And then give her a reduced sentence for taking out the trash.
CJMS

Savage, MN

#22 Mar 17, 2009
It's quite hysterical to see you say that no one has the right to judge your friend without knowing her. Yet here you are judging two completely innocent people. One who is suffering from injuries and one who has lost their life due to your friends "first" time at drinking and driving. Honey, you have no right to judge them and most definitley neither does Jennifer.
My only response to this being her first time drinking and driving is, there is a reason there are laws in this country and that is to ensure that stuff like this doesn't happen. I don't care if it was her first time or not. It only takes 1 time for something stupid to happen. Oh yeah she is suffering and feels horrible I am sure. She deserves to spend the rest of her life suffering at the thought that she took the life of some else. She deserves to go to jail, she deserves to wake up every morning and think about the father, son, brother, and friend's life that she took because of one great stupid action. If there is any person to be judged in this case it is YOUR friend.
really wrote:
well being as you people dont know the girl who was drinking and driving you really have no right to judge her. i am a close friend to her and i know that is the first time she had ever drove after drinking, i know what she has been going through everyday since the accident and believe me she is not taking it lightly,and she also feels like crap since two people are being charged along with her being as it was her dumb choice to drink and drive, and she feels sorry for ms.mcbain but what was she doing at 2 oclock in the morning with a sex offender shouldnt have she been home with her children? honestly you people make me sick and for the author of this article thanks to you jennifers younger sister is getting harrassed in school because of what you wrote about her here, does it state the fact that joe took advantage of her in a room with no lights on and she thought it was daniel?
angrymom

United States

#23 Mar 19, 2009
Hi, Lindsey!

So, just so we're clear, was Mr. Lyver falsely accused of the sexual assault in 1998, or the one in 2005? Was he framed for that theft conviction in 1998, too? Gosh, what a guy!

And, by the way, it *is* my business. It's public information, and the man was convicted of some fairly heinous crimes. Allow me to turn something you said around on you: Would you still be mourning him if it had been *your* child that Bradley had raped?
Lindsey wrote:
The only trash I see is you and your stupid **** comments. You must really have no life in order to go around doing research about a dead person. Who for the record was one of my best friends and an amazing man, who just so happened to have a false acquistion charged to his name. He did his time for his crime and now should this young child. I can not believe that their is actually people still like you left in this world. If that was your child or friend that was killed by a drunk driver I am sure your song would change. What he did in his past is no ones business and does not change who he was as a person. I hope someone takes your white trash **** out. The fact that you are probably a grown woman to and are acting as a child is beyond me. Grow up and find a life, instead of talking about those who have lost their life. <quoted text>
gimme a break

Minneapolis, MN

#24 Mar 20, 2009
really wrote:
and for the author of this article thanks to you jennifers younger sister is getting harrassed in school because of what you wrote about her here
No, hon, thanks to JENNIFER her sister is getting harrassed in school. The author of this article is just reporting what she did. If she didn't want to get her mug shot in the paper, she shouldn't have picked up a couple of guys on a phone line, and kept her underage ass sober at home. She should be apologizing all around, not only to her own family who has to live with the humiliation, but to the family of the person she killed - she is not judge, jury and executioner, and for it matters, it could have been a pregnant woman or a surgeon or a sex-offender - she still took a life. She owns her actions that night including:
really wrote:
does it state the fact that joe took advantage of her in a room with no lights on and she thought it was daniel?
So...she thought she was having sex with one guy she just met, but she was actually having sex with the other guy she just met? And she couldn't tell the difference? That makes it so much better? That lets her off the hook?

She made some really stupid decisions. And yes, she will have to deal with the consequences of her choices and actions.
angrymom

United States

#25 Mar 20, 2009
I don't think anyone is saying that she shouldn't face charges, or that she didn't do anything wrong. Ms. Swanson herself seemed contrite enough in the comments section here: http://www.moraminn.com/read/detail/32475.htm...

I do think that it's the reporter's fault that Ms. Swanson's sister is being harrassed. The sordid details of that night were incidental to the crime. The reporter was just going for sleaze to punch up a (sadly) routine story. If the story hadn't come with a... noteworthy mug-shot, I doubt this would even have been followed up on.
TopSalesGirl

New Carlisle, OH

#26 Mar 23, 2009
Yeah Dan, what an example you are setting for your children! Once a jailbird always a jailbird!! Maybe they shouldnt have let you out of jail and alcohol/drug treatment.You need more than 5 years.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Milaca Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Man charged with five felonies (Oct '07) Feb 27 Blue Collar 69
Debate: Marijuana - Milaca, MN (Jul '12) Jun '14 Lez 5
Review: Smart Energy Builders Inc (Apr '14) Apr '14 curt pocklington 1
News Ogilvie man dies in crane accident at Maplewood... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Construction site... 1
Review: Milaca Lawn & Garden (Sep '13) Sep '13 Former Customer 1
News Milaca student suspended for leaving hunting bo... (Oct '08) Jul '13 Milaca resident 71
News Teen hospitalized with .21 BAC after partying a... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Recent Grad Party 1
Milaca Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Milaca People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]