Three arrested in death of homeless man

Jul 2, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Jacksonville Daily News

Jacksonville police have arrested three men in connection with the death of Mike Kozak, whose body was found in a homeless campsite behind Piney Green Shopping Center last week.

Comments
21 - 24 of 24 Comments Last updated Jul 26, 2008
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Honor All Vets”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2008

tammy wrote:
So very sad. I would like to share a few things with you about Mike. I haven't known him as a homeless man but I knew him as a kid and as an adult before he moved to NC. I believe he was born with fetal alcohol syndrome. He had a horrible childhood. But he was a very kind and gentle kid and man. He never said anything mean and never raised a hand to anyone. But he was an alcoholic. Not a mean drunk but a 'drink until I don't hurt anymore' drunk. He preferred to be alone. He didn't really think much of himself. Even as a kid, he hung out in the woods. I guess he felt safe there. May he finally rest in peace.
Thanks for putting human side to a terrible addiction, people are often judged by their associations and life style.

As I read the article the first time, I kind of had an impression that more was hidden then people knew; as even the people of the mini mall or what ever business' didn't complain or ridicule the man.

What these individuals did was appalling and I hope no mercy of the court will be shown. Tammy you did your friend a great service to let people know he was more than just a homeless man.

“vox populi vox dei”

Since: Aug 07

diverse and ubiquitous

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2008

thanks for those words tammy, To beat a man to death is just wrong. For three young men to do it to one almost twice thier age is worse. I didn't know Mike but can empathize with some of his life. It's a sadsadsad world at times. May he rest in peace.
alice

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2008

yes, this crime is awful but America is in rapid decline now. We will see much more of this kind of thing.
Air cav

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2008

alice wrote:
yes, this crime is awful but America is in rapid decline now. We will see much more of this kind of thing.
You are right about that ,turning tricks is a crime and if you get caught again after that test they gave you it will be a FELONY!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Midway Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 48 min Waco 1909 58,108
Save money.. i am a stay at home mom and this s... 2 hr Cbaker1118 1
Debate: Marijuana - Jacksonville, NC (Aug '10) 5 hr Mary 50
Marine who urinated on corpses in Afghanistan dies Aug 15 awkward 1
slander,conspiracy,violation of rights (May '13) Aug 12 cgj 25
Review: Essential Nutrition Aug 11 The truth 1
Marine Facing Sex Charges Due In Court (Apr '10) Aug 7 Mary 9

Search the Midway Park Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Midway Park Jobs

•••