Paducah passes LGBTQ - Fairness ordin...

Paducah passes LGBTQ - Fairness ordinance

There are 105 comments on the LEO Weekly story from Jan 17, 2018, titled Paducah passes LGBTQ - Fairness ordinance. In it, LEO Weekly reports that:

Paducahns were jubilant, in tears, cheering the city's historic passage of a LGBTQ Fairness Ordinance earlier this month. It made the "Quilt City" of about 25,000 residents the ninth Kentucky community - and only Western Kentucky city - to update its civil rights law to include LGBTQ people.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at LEO Weekly.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Welcome To 2018

Manchester, KY

#1 Feb 16, 2018
This is so great, but I can't believe that the whole country hasn't passed these type of laws by now, especially considering that gay marriage is legal everywhere in the country now and has been since 2015.
Sick

Central City, KY

#2 Feb 16, 2018
Welcome To 2018 wrote:
This is so great, but I can't believe that the whole country hasn't passed these type of laws by now, especially considering that gay marriage is legal everywhere in the country now and has been since 2015.
have nothing against homosexuals but I will never call someone with a dlck she or someone with a vag he. I don't care what anyone says or how many people it offends. It offends me that they expect me to.
newsjunkie

United States

#3 Feb 16, 2018
Welcome To 2018 wrote:
This is so great, but I can't believe that the whole country hasn't passed these type of laws by now, especially considering that gay marriage is legal everywhere in the country now and has been since 2015.
Probably because there are still God fearing people in some parts of this country. Fewer in Paducah now.
SnowFlkSlayer

Cunningham, KY

#9 Feb 16, 2018
Lift up the 1%, at the expense of the other 99%. Seems legit. Bet the gays don't even say thank you.
Tina mfkn cain

Paducah, KY

#10 Feb 17, 2018
SnowFlkSlayer wrote:
Lift up the 1%, at the expense of the other 99%. Seems legit. Bet the gays don't even say thank you.
Weve ben doing that for the nuccas for eons that's why being a queer should be agnst the mfkn law #pow #snowflake
#banthequeers
The Actuary

Columbus, OH

#11 Feb 17, 2018
Let man keep marrying men. Let women keep marrying women. Keep letting men be women and women be men. Keep aborting babies. Sooner or later there will be no Democrats left. Win win.
In the know

Nashville, TN

#13 Feb 17, 2018
Tina mfkn cain wrote:
<quoted text>

Weve ben doing that for the nuccas for eons that's why being a queer should be agnst the mfkn law #pow #snowflake
#banthequeers
Garrett dykes tell us how you really feel. Sound racist cuz Tlo is a nucca.
Tina mfkn cain

Paducah, KY

#14 Feb 17, 2018
In the know wrote:
<quoted text>

Garrett dykes tell us how you really feel. Sound racist cuz Tlo is a nucca.
Shut tht trap fat trash you must be a queer or nucca yourself moron the only racist is you idiot
Sooo

United States

#15 Feb 17, 2018
By passing it, what will it change? Only result is the loss of money for the vote.
In the know

Nashville, TN

#16 Feb 17, 2018
Tina mfkn cain wrote:
<quoted text>

Shut tht trap fat trash you must be a queer or nucca yourself moron the only racist is you idiot
Is this kyle Johnston again? You are not Tina moron.
Ren

United States

#17 Feb 17, 2018
SnowFlkSlayer wrote:
Lift up the 1%, at the expense of the other 99%. Seems legit. Bet the gays don't even say thank you.
How is a Fairness Ordinance unfair to you?
SnowFlkSlayer

Cunningham, KY

#18 Feb 17, 2018
Ren wrote:
<quoted text>

How is a Fairness Ordinance unfair to you?
The same way Christians were forced to bake a cake and make tshirts for sexually deviant people. I own a small catering business. If I don't want to serve perverts, or have my service support immoral causes, I shouldn't be held hostage by the court over it, especially if its on a religious standard - which is a 1st amendment violation. Those people who are denied service should simply go to a competing business. Thats how the free market system works.
Sick

Central City, KY

#19 Feb 17, 2018
Ren wrote:
<quoted text>

How is a Fairness Ordinance unfair to you?
it is unfair to the majority because we are being forced to accept something we may not agree with. How would you like being forced to accept something you don't agree with? All the political correctness has destroyed this country. There was a time not so long ago if you got your feelings hurt or you felt offended you didn't go crying and screaming and throwing a baby fit. You put your big boy pants on and dealt with it. Millennials are tv's worst generation. Self entitled little punks. Parents need to be able bust their kids butts without fear of someone claiming they are being abused. We need paddling back in schools and stop giving trophies for losing.
Sick

Central City, KY

#20 Feb 17, 2018
Sick wrote:
<quoted text>it is unfair to the majority because we are being forced to accept something we may not agree with. How would you like being forced to accept something you don't agree with? All the political correctness has destroyed this country. There was a time not so long ago if you got your feelings hurt or you felt offended you didn't go crying and screaming and throwing a baby fit. You put your big boy pants on and dealt with it. Millennials are tv's worst generation. Self entitled little punks. Parents need to be able bust their kids butts without fear of someone claiming they are being abused. We need paddling back in schools and stop giving trophies for losing.
The... not tv's
Ren

United States

#21 Feb 17, 2018
SnowFlkSlayer wrote:
<quoted text>

The same way Christians were forced to bake a cake and make tshirts for sexually deviant people. I own a small catering business. If I don't want to serve perverts, or have my service support immoral causes, I shouldn't be held hostage by the court over it, especially if its on a religious standard - which is a 1st amendment violation. Those people who are denied service should simply go to a competing business. Thats how the free market system works.
No, darling...

Business is business.
It's not personal.

Perhaps you should find another line of work?
Ren

United States

#22 Feb 17, 2018
Sick wrote:
<quoted text>it is unfair to the majority because we are being forced to accept something we may not agree with. How would you like being forced to accept something you don't agree with? All the political correctness has destroyed this country. There was a time not so long ago if you got your feelings hurt or you felt offended you didn't go crying and screaming and throwing a baby fit. You put your big boy pants on and dealt with it. Millennials are tv's worst generation. Self entitled little punks. Parents need to be able bust their kids butts without fear of someone claiming they are being abused. We need paddling back in schools and stop giving trophies for losing.
What are you being forced to accept?
Fairness?

Do you have a problem with people being treated fairly?
You don't want to "accept" fairness?

This isn't respectable.
gunter

Benton, KY

#23 Feb 17, 2018
SnowFlkSlayer wrote:
<quoted text>

The same way Christians were forced to bake a cake and make tshirts for sexually deviant people. I own a small catering business. If I don't want to serve perverts, or have my service support immoral causes, I shouldn't be held hostage by the court over it, especially if its on a religious standard - which is a 1st amendment violation. Those people who are denied service should simply go to a competing business. Thats how the free market system works.
Yeah!

And they should like, wear a star or a triangle or something on their shirt so we know we don't want to serve them!
gunter

Benton, KY

#24 Feb 17, 2018
Ren wrote:
<quoted text>

How is a Fairness Ordinance unfair to you?
Are you stupid? Can't you see how there isn't a church on every corner anymore and how you can't even buy a Bible anymore!

Christians are SO persecuted. I mean, it's like Serbia or the Congo over here now. Right??
Former LPN

United States

#25 Feb 17, 2018
SnowFlkSlayer wrote:
<quoted text>The same way Christians were forced to bake a cake and make tshirts for sexually deviant people. I own a small catering business. If I don't want to serve perverts, or have my service support immoral causes, I shouldn't be held hostage by the court over it, especially if its on a religious standard - which is a 1st amendment violation. Those people who are denied service should simply go to a competing business. Thats how the free market system works.
Hopefully a non Christian will refuse service to you one day.
SnowFlkSlayer

Cunningham, KY

#26 Feb 17, 2018
Former LPN wrote:
<quoted text>

Hopefully a non Christian will refuse service to you one day.
Then I'll happily take my business elsewhere, without crying to the courts

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Midway Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Guantanmo Bay detention camp. Open and ready t... 5 min UnPolitically Cor... 4
Libs: How's the impeachment & Russian/Trump co... (Jan '18) 11 min UnPolitically Cor... 299
MCConnell your scum bag ! 18 min Fivecard 3
Deep State DECLASSIFICATION Panic Has Set In 23 min UnPolitically Cor... 24
********** Life is good in Trumpland! ************ (Feb '17) 30 min UnPolitically Cor... 2,236
2004 (Jun '15) 31 min Wbd 60
The Troll has no one to Talk To 34 min Unpolitically Cor... 115

Midway Jobs

Personal Finance

Midway Mortgages