3 Girls Busted for Lemonade Stand-Midway, Ga.

Jul 15, 2011 Full story: www.msnbc.msn.com 145

'We were not aware of how the lemonade was made, who made the lemonade, of what the lemonade was made with,' says police chief in Midway, Ga. "They told us to shut it down," 10-year-old Skylar Roberts was quoted as saying by The Coastal Source news website.

Read more
First Prev
of 8
Next Last
sfs

Jacksonville, FL

#153 Aug 29, 2011
NoFishes1 wrote:
I hope the citizens of Midway, GA. remember this when their Police dept. needs funding. Obviously the officers do not have enough real police work to do, or the town is THAT crime free, so cut their funding or remove a officer or two. Ya just can't fix STUPID!!
lol...the town really is "that crime free" our 3 deputies are bored outta their minds and those little girls did NOT Have a permit. I thought it ridiculous too, I live in Midway, Ga. and I can't believe how asnine the entire story sounds...wow. We don't have much crime, every once in a while a teenager might steal someone's four wheeler or somthing, but nothing major it's the safest town I've ever lived in, unless of course you're a 10 year old little girl tryin to get a hustle.:)
sfs

Jacksonville, FL

#154 Aug 29, 2011
J Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Who do you think is the Chief's boss???- None other than the City Council. If she tells them "No" she wont have a job. The city council stay on these officers to enforce the ordinances. The girls were in violation of that. Tell me how you keep peddlers out of the city (which is what the citizens want) but allow kids to do it? If an exception was made for children than anyone who wants to sell things in the city could easily put a child in front and get away with not having to get a permit. Is that fair?
Is it right that the same people who tell the chief of police to enforce these laws allow their grandchildren to break them and throw the police under the bus? The officers were doing nothing more than what they were forced to do by the city council. These officers did cut the girls a break - they didnt write them a ticket like they do to adults that break the law. This whole thing should have never gone this far. The only thing people think about these officers are that they pick on little girls which is NOT the case AT ALL! Where was the support when the department protected the city and put themselves in the line of fire back in March 2010 - look up that story. People are attacking these officers over lemonade - now is that really called for? They put their lives on the line every day - even more so now that everyone in the nation hates them and are calling in their threats to kill them every day. Is a officers life only worth a glass of lemonade?
This has gotten to a point where people need to look at what they are really angry at - the officers did not make the laws - but their job is to enforce them by the very same people who are breaking the laws.
"They put their lives on the line every day -"

In Midway? LMAO!!!!
mike menda

Santiago, Chile

#155 Jan 6, 2012
bob wrote:
<quoted text>How free can we be when illegals and terriosts still run our streets ???
And we do nothing . Our troops in other countries fighting their wars .
what ilegals u talkin about? u mean the white ones that massacred the natives and robbed their land? oh right. those ilegals.
Alex

Enfield, IL

#156 Jan 9, 2012
mike menda wrote:
<quoted text>
what ilegals u talkin about? u mean the white ones that massacred the natives and robbed their land? oh right. those ilegals.
If you're not happy with how we obtained this land. The get out crybaby!
Alex

Enfield, IL

#157 Jan 9, 2012
Alex wrote:
<quoted text>
If you're not happy with how we obtained this land. The get out crybaby!
Correction: Then get out you crybaby!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Midway Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Moving to Richmond Hill Sun HappyasaClam 2
News Walthourville readies for police, new city hall (Apr '09) Mar 26 I Told You So 15
cornerstone christian correspondence school dip... (Apr '10) Mar 26 Rita 132
Divorce in Bryan county Mar 20 SadAndScared 1
School district Mar 13 Curious 1
John Tice Feb '15 concerned 1
Richmond Hill areas Feb '15 Dental2 1
Midway Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Midway People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]