Va State Police: Some Inspection Stickers may Fade in Sun - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News, ...

Full story: NBC29 Charlottesville

The Virginia State Police is notifying authorities statewide about ink on some vehicle inspection stickers fading or disappearing when exposed to sunlight.
Comments
1 - 20 of 22 Comments Last updated Oct 5, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
dafgad wfghwr

Stuart, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Sep 26, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Sounds like a personnel problem to me.
Eaglescout1984

Crozet, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Sep 26, 2012
 
I've been noticing this, particularly on cars with a January inspection. Makes you wonder what the company was thinking when they used an ink not for intense sunlight for stickers on one of the most sunlight exposed places in our lives.
Gru

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Sep 26, 2012
 

Judged:

3

1

1

Great -- I'm sure the police will be REALLY understanding of this, too. And WHO keeps those stupid little pink inspection receipts?!
Pink Gone

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Sep 26, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

The little pink inspection receipts are a thing of the past. Your receipt is now printed on a 8.5" x 11" white piece of paper. You're suppose to fold it up and put it with your registration, insurance papers and whatever.

I don't understand the replacement procedure. I can't picture a trooper crawling up in the front seat and scrapping the old sticker off to replace it. Especially with all the equipment on their gunbelts punching holes in and ripping people's leather seats. They must give you a free voucher to use at the inspection station.
Marcus

Waynesboro, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Sep 26, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

So I can be pulled over because a cop's judgement may make them believe my inspection sticker is faded?

BS
Billy T

Crewe, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Sep 26, 2012
 

Judged:

1

How about using the same ink on our tax bills!!!!!!!!!!
Pink Gone

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Sep 26, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Marcus wrote:
So I can be pulled over because a cop's judgement may make them believe my inspection sticker is faded?
BS
You would realize how this is a good thing if you had any idea how many people steal, forge and falsify inspection stickers just to keep their junk cars on the public highways. You would probably be surprised to learn how many uninsured cars, both legal and illegal, are running up and down the roads now.
thinking free

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Sep 26, 2012
 
Whats an inspection sticker?
Birdman

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Sep 26, 2012
 
Were they made in China ?
MORE BS

Martinsville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Sep 26, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Pink Gone wrote:
<quoted text>
You would realize how this is a good thing if you had any idea how many people steal, forge and falsify inspection stickers just to keep their junk cars on the public highways. You would probably be surprised to learn how many uninsured cars, both legal and illegal, are running up and down the roads now.
NO---it's just an excuse to pull some one over for no reason then they can say---we'll it looked like your sticker was faded. And i do have insurance, legal inspection, etc.
The Equalizer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Sep 26, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

MORE BS wrote:
<quoted text>NO---it's just an excuse to pull some one over for no reason then they can say---we'll it looked like your sticker was faded. And i do have insurance, legal inspection, etc.
Agreed. The inspection thing is dumb. There are states all across the country that do not have inspections. If I put farm use or antique plates on my car, no inspection is required. Do you think those states have a higher incidence of accidents?? Nope. It is all revenue generation for the state police.

7million vehicles =$105 million dollars in the state treasury.

follow the money.....
new hammer time

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Sep 26, 2012
 
Won't get no help from those GA rethugs either.
The Bobvernor outsourced the contract for the stickers and this is what we get.
Made in China, instead of America. Now, who supports a communist country.
thinking free

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Sep 26, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Some states also don't so the need for 2 plates. This is a backward state.
jus sayin

Waynesboro, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Sep 26, 2012
 
The Equalizer wrote:
<quoted text>
It is all revenue generation for the state police.
7million vehicles =$105 million dollars in the state treasury.
follow the money.....
You are wrong, the state does not get the money for the inspection, the shop that does the inspection gets that. The shop does pay a small fee for the stickers, but not much more than the cost of printing the stickers.

Since: Feb 10

Ridgeway, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Sep 26, 2012
 
The Equalizer wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. The inspection thing is dumb. There are states all across the country that do not have inspections. If I put farm use or antique plates on my car, no inspection is required. Do you think those states have a higher incidence of accidents?? Nope. It is all revenue generation for the state police.
7million vehicles =$105 million dollars in the state treasury.
follow the money.....
I might be wrong, but either of these (antique or farm ) do NOT require a sticker but are supposed to be able to PASS inspection >
Not surprised

Arlington, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Oct 5, 2012
 
Nope farm vehicles do not have to pass any inspection, but they are limited to something like 50 miles from home.

I'm from AZ we don't have 2 plates, we had 1. I had never even heard of inspection stickers until moving here. Although we have emissions tests.

Then again in other states you don't get a ticket for an unlicensed vehicle parked on your property either. Something I did get in the town of Orange for our RV, that was parked in the driveway, off the road.

I've also been scammed at an inspection place in Orange. Failed an inspection, fixed the issue (I didn't used them but a family friend & he didn't see a problem), my son took it back & he was questioned about "where is the woman who drives this car?" & then it was failed again, for more issues than they had found 8 days prior. Took it to another station & it passed just fine.

Money, money, money.
Disillusioned

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Oct 5, 2012
 
Pink Gone wrote:
The little pink inspection receipts are a thing of the past. Your receipt is now printed on a 8.5" x 11" white piece of paper. You're suppose to fold it up and put it with your registration, insurance papers and whatever.
I don't understand the replacement procedure. I can't picture a trooper crawling up in the front seat and scrapping the old sticker off to replace it. Especially with all the equipment on their gunbelts punching holes in and ripping people's leather seats. They must give you a free voucher to use at the inspection station.
I got nothing but the sticker on the windshield. Was told the pink slips were 'history.' Wonderful -- something else to deal with.
new hammer time

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Oct 5, 2012
 
Thanks to the Bobvernor.
heh

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Oct 5, 2012
 
new hammer time wrote:
Thanks to the Bobvernor.
My voter registration card is fading.
new hammer time

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Oct 5, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Stomp!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Midlothian Discussions

Search the Midlothian Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Bill Rovi, unlicensed & uninsured contractor co... 18 hr Buddy Mitchell 5
Why They Hate Obama (Aug '13) Sat mjjcpa 11,504
Review: Advanced Care Chiropractic and Wellness... (Nov '13) Fri Sam 4
Loaner of Money Beware Jul 25 Richard Firth 1
Kenny Amos loses $4877 judgment for poor workma... Jul 24 Buddy Mitchell 2
Does anyone know the Local Pedophile Mike Dicki... Jul 23 Lena 2
Battle Flag Jul 23 YoungPotters 4
•••
•••
•••
•••

Midlothian Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Midlothian People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Midlothian News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Midlothian
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••