Richmond woman fights a colorisma within African American community

Dec 11, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WTVR Richmond

It is not a new struggle within the African American community, but it is coming to light in the wake of one Richmond woman's appearance on CNN.

Comments
1 - 4 of 4 Comments Last updated Dec 12, 2012

“Obsidian Princess”

Since: Sep 09

louisiana

#1 Dec 12, 2012
kiara lee has made the mistake of bringing her righteous cause to CNN.

she needs to keep the struggle grass roots community style by working with schools and churches and at local events.

Since: Jun 08

Tulsa OK. & Lugano Switzerland

#2 Dec 12, 2012
I watched this video.
I'm from Richmond. Went to Armstrong High School. Never had these issues when I grew up there. Just didn't matter. Never thought about it. Everyone got along fine no matter what shade of dark or lightness even with whites. We had our share of snobs in school but sure didn't have anything to do with shade of color.
When I liked someone and thought she was cute it just didn't matter. It was all about how ignorant or stupid they were and that was what I didn't like. Didn't like women who smoked,rude to one another parents and dishonest.
Of course 90% of the blacks in my school had a mom and dad including myself. Most of the ones with single parents were fine.

Don't care what shade of color. If she's hot she's hot.
But if she had a bunch of babies,multiple fathers,ignorant,drama,foul language,speak improper,talk like she has a mouthful of marbles,rude,impolite,not goal oriented or motivated,high maintenance, using the word "they" instead of "their",etc, these are issues to me.....not the shade of skin color or darkness.

So strange to me.
Guess we were just brought up differently back then. Most of us had moms and dads. And none of this baby mamma drama. No killing each other like today. At least most had enough sense to finish high school and establish a career before having kids.
I wonder how many blacks today can say they had their own savings account and new how to right a check before 5th grade. Even got my first credit card at 17 and used it properly. Heck since high school I've only been unemployed maybe two weeks in my lifetime. And never will.
I'm even retiring early.
-AAA-

Tomball, TX

#3 Dec 12, 2012
This issue among us isn't even important.
new hammer time

Richmond, VA

#4 Dec 12, 2012
-AAA- wrote:
This issue among us isn't even important.
Why not?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Midlothian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Up for fun? 3 hr Jiko 1
Why They Hate Obama (Aug '13) 3 hr VN Vet 11,706
Huge Asteroid to Hit The Earth Fri WatchmanOnTheWall 1
Bjob please? Fri Jiko 1
Any ladies wana meet? Fri Mrj 1
Higher gas prices expected after refinery fire (Aug '12) Fri Tuco Blondie 10
SOL scores a mixed bag for area schools Aug 28 Rife 1
•••
•••
•••