Where are the businesses?

Where are the businesses?

Posted in the Midlothian Forum

Since: Nov 12

Hurst, TX

#1 Nov 2, 2012
We're new to Midlothian and with the population here, I would think there would be much more retail and growth - where are the shops? and restaurants? We spend all our dollars in Mansfield and Waxahachie and Cedar Hill - all is being spent around us - would sure love to help the Midlothian economy but......there isn't anything - what about a big Lowes? Or Home Depot? Or Chilis? or Kohls? my goodness - why do we need to drive away from home for basic shopping?
nothanks

Midlothian, TX

#2 Jan 14, 2013
On the one hand I see your point. On the other, since Walmart came to town the crime rate has jumped. We prefer to keep our small town feel as long as possible. If we needed all those shops, we would have moved somewhere that has them.
quasarqueen

Midlothian, TX

#3 Apr 3, 2015
texasmarci wrote:
We're new to Midlothian and with the population here, I would think there would be much more retail and growth - where are the shops? and restaurants? We spend all our dollars in Mansfield and Waxahachie and Cedar Hill - all is being spent around us - would sure love to help the Midlothian economy but......there isn't anything - what about a big Lowes? Or Home Depot? Or Chilis? or Kohls? my goodness - why do we need to drive away from home for basic shopping?
Have you been to Gemini Moon Boutique?! Super cute shop located on Ave F right around the corner from all the little shops on 8th St. Super cute clothes and accessories and a really friendly staff!
hachie

Red Oak, TX

#4 Apr 6, 2015
texasmarci wrote:
You're joking right?! If you want the big city life (like Waxahachie has turned into recently) then perhaps you should live in one. People like myself who have lived in the area for their entire life are saddened at all the growth and the way that our homes are being transformed into a city instead of a town. We've stayed here so long because we liked it the way it was. Now we have people moving here to change it to the same place they came from. There are big box stores in Waxahachie, Cedar Hill, Lancaster, Mansfield, etc. I think driving 10 minutes to go to the store beats sitting in traffic for 30 minutes just to go down the street to the gas station in your own town because it's too over populated.

Sorry to sound harsh, but it's the truth.
Logan

Midlothian, TX

#5 Apr 14, 2015
hachie wrote:
<quoted text>
You're joking right?! If you want the big city life (like Waxahachie has turned into recently) then perhaps you should live in one. People like myself who have lived in the area for their entire life are saddened at all the growth and the way that our homes are being transformed into a city instead of a town. We've stayed here so long because we liked it the way it was. Now we have people moving here to change it to the same place they came from. There are big box stores in Waxahachie, Cedar Hill, Lancaster, Mansfield, etc. I think driving 10 minutes to go to the store beats sitting in traffic for 30 minutes just to go down the street to the gas station in your own town because it's too over populated.
Sorry to sound harsh, but it's the truth.
I know I just hate all the growth, wish midlothian could stay small.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Midlothian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 21 hr OnePhart 1,123
Terri Missy Bevers case observations (May '16) Feb 10 Myopinion 34
Maple Ridge Townhomes Midlothian, TX Feb 10 Midlothian resident 1
Dr Haider Feb 9 Joni P 1
Jesus Christ, the Son of God Feb 2 Son of David 1
Code Enforcemnt Officer James Halstead Jan 24 Fedup 1
What is your thought on the gossip in GP Corey ... Jan 23 ShortyMT 3

Midlothian Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Midlothian Mortgages