Crime blog: Midlothian police shoot b...

Crime blog: Midlothian police shoot bank robbery suspect dead during pursuit

There are 3 comments on the Dallas Morning News story from Oct 18, 2011, titled Crime blog: Midlothian police shoot bank robbery suspect dead during pursuit. In it, Dallas Morning News reports that:

Update 6 p.m.: Police say the man robbed the Wells Fargo bank in Cedar Hill, off State Highway 67 near East Belt Line Road at roughly 3 p.m. Cedar Hill identified the suspect's vehicle and chased it a high speed down 67.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Dallas Morning News.

MS K

Lewisville, TX

#1 Oct 24, 2011
I apologize for being the devil’s advocate here, but…

am I just watching too much TV here? I thought that even a guy with a GUN in his hand, if he stopped being a threat, should not be shot to death. Do we have more evidence to show that he was a deadly threat? I mean, he “turned toward” the officer… was he like, say, 5 feet away? Or 3? or was he ten or twenty feet away? Did he turned toward him with the intent to USE the knife? Or did he turn toward him with the intent to give up? Was he given a warning? How did he respond?
Could a shot to the hand… to make him drop the knife… have been possible? Is it just me, or am I the only person to wonder if this is excessive force? Is it right to shoot to kill a person (with a knife) in TX, where we have the most lax laws about GUNS?
si habla

United States

#2 Oct 28, 2011
MS K wrote:
am I just watching too much TV here? I thought that even a guy with a GUN in his hand, if he stopped being a threat, should not be shot to death. Do we have more evidence to show that he was a deadly threat? I mean, he “turned toward” the officer… was he like, say, 5 feet away? Or 3? or was he ten or twenty feet away? Did he turned toward him with the intent to USE the knife? Or did he turn toward him with the intent to give up? Was he given a warning? How did he respond?
Could a shot to the hand… to make him drop the knife… have been possible? Is it just me, or am I the only person to wonder if this is excessive force? Is it right to shoot to kill a person (with a knife) in TX, where we have the most lax laws about GUNS?
midlothian police or keystone cops just looking for reason to kill kill kill
Ms K

Arlington, TX

#3 Oct 28, 2011

Finding out that this is not the first incident, I think someone needs to investigate what is actually going on with the MPD and what kind of training are they getting....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Midlothian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Murder of Terri Missy Bevers (Mar '17) Jan 28 WoWgirl23 3
Patrick Wilson protecting murderer (Aug '14) Jan '18 Monika 8
News In this Nov. 20, 2016 file photo, Selena Gomez ... Jan '18 Maria 1
Code Enforcemnt Officer James Halstead (Jan '17) Jan '18 Reggie 3
News Scoop: the Great Christmas Light Fight on Abc -... Dec '17 Dbearden72 5
News Kwame Kilpatrick moves into larger, $372K home ... (Nov '11) Dec '17 MLK Beat Prostitutes 8
County Line Dance Clubs (Feb '15) Dec '17 Keener 15

Midlothian Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Midlothian Mortgages