garbage can fines
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Concerned citizen

Midlothian, IL

#1 Dec 5, 2012
Just wanted to let everyone know that the friendly Midlothian Police are now issuing tickets to anyone leaving their garbage bins out after 8PM on trash pick up day. It's not a fine you can just pay. You have to go to a "hearing" at Rayday Lodge on 145th and Kedzie. It's a $25 fine. The room was full and mostly I noticed families and older folks. Keep an eye out for your neighbors. If it's getting close to 8pm on trash day either remind them or pull the empty bins in. They will hear no excuses. It was one guy's birthday and another man was disabled. The police are patrolling for "code violations"
Midlo man

Chicago, IL

#2 Dec 5, 2012
I checked into this and learned This is ordered from the Mayor and the board. The police had no choice but to issue tickets for this ridiculouse matter. Beware I hear more craziness is still to come

“26 year Midlo resident”

Since: Feb 09

Wichita, Kansas

#3 Dec 5, 2012
I do not know about 8PM but 6AM would work for me.

5yr Midlo Resident

Since: Apr 09

Midlothian, IL

#4 Dec 5, 2012
Some people work late so I'm a tad surprised they are using 8pm as the deadline. I really don't like when people near my house leave theirs out until the next day (sometimes longer), but 8pm when people work later and farther from home seems a bit ridiculous. Some people work off shifts too. Well I'll just have to be more cautious and watch out for my neighbors more.
Midlothian voter

Midlothian, IL

#5 Dec 5, 2012
It is a village ordinance that has not been enforced. It is about time that the police are enforcing it, it is not that hard to wait until after 4 the day before pick up and have the cans back in by 8 the night of pick up. The garbage is picked up by 4 pm so bring your cans in before you go to work. Also your recycle can only goes out every other week, not every week.
wow

United States

#7 Dec 5, 2012
Midlothian voter wrote:
It is a village ordinance that has not been enforced. It is about time that the police are enforcing it, it is not that hard to wait until after 4 the day before pick up and have the cans back in by 8 the night of pick up. The garbage is picked up by 4 pm so bring your cans in before you go to work. Also your recycle can only goes out every other week, not every week.
Hey Mr Dick head, some people have jobs
wow

United States

#8 Dec 5, 2012
Midlothian voter wrote:
F your recycle can, too bad we can't see who some of you people are
Couldnt make it

Clarendon Hills, IL

#9 Dec 5, 2012
I think the original newpaper article said the cans would have to be in by 6:00 p.m., so at least this gives you a little more time to get home from work.
Midlothian voter

United States

#10 Dec 5, 2012
wow wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Mr Dick head, some people have jobs
Hey ass I have two jobs, and I still obey the ordinance.
Jimmy John

United States

#11 Dec 5, 2012
Yeah well I leave the house at 0620am and don't return until around 0725pm. Friday's incidentally is our garbage day and if someone calls in sick I'm inevitably stuck until after 11. If I was at work for 16 hours and came home to a ticket I would be pissed. I do however have a neighbor who is constantly home and will leave his cans out until Sunday morning which is ridiculous. It's an eyesore and sometimes I wanna jerk the wheel and plow em over so he has to buy new cans for about a hundred bucks.

“Live Laugh Love”

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#12 Dec 5, 2012
Jimmy John wrote:
Yeah well I leave the house at 0620am and don't return until around 0725pm. Friday's incidentally is our garbage day and if someone calls in sick I'm inevitably stuck until after 11. If I was at work for 16 hours and came home to a ticket I would be pissed. I do however have a neighbor who is constantly home and will leave his cans out until Sunday morning which is ridiculous. It's an eyesore and sometimes I wanna jerk the wheel and plow em over so he has to buy new cans for about a hundred bucks.
Who told you that the cans cost $100.? We had squirrels chew through one of ours, and it was replaced for free.
Jimmy John

United States

#13 Dec 5, 2012
Jesus did! He also told me you're gay.
Slippery Pete

Midlothian, IL

#15 Dec 6, 2012
I'm glad to see this is being enforced. I think leaving bins out contributes to things looking generally shabby around town. If people get stung just once, they'll stop leaving their bins out for days at a time like this was Oak Forest.
middle class

Chicago, IL

#16 Dec 6, 2012
Midlothian voter wrote:
Real Nazi here, ya i work from 3 to 11pm.. i leave home at 2pm to make it down town... can u get my can thanks....ass....
look at all the idiots

Oak Lawn, IL

#17 Dec 7, 2012
middle class wrote:
<quoted text>
Real Nazi here, ya i work from 3 to 11pm.. i leave home at 2pm to make it down town... can u get my can thanks....ass....
Pick up is in the morning. Bring your can back in before work. Ass!!!
wow

Chicago, IL

#18 Dec 7, 2012
Midlothian voter wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey ass I have two jobs, and I still obey the ordinance.
hey Dick head if you work a double shift 6am to 10 pm tell me how, yes I called a Dick head, and I will leave it in the street so f off
Just take it in

Midlothian, IL

#19 Dec 7, 2012
I know someone who has a house full of people and a few don't work and their can sits til Friday or Saturday every week even though they've already gotten tickets plural tickets.Thats just pure laziness I just don't get it.
klj

Blue Island, IL

#20 Dec 7, 2012
Concerned citizen wrote:
Just wanted to let everyone know that the friendly Midlothian Police are now issuing tickets to anyone leaving their garbage bins out after 8PM on trash pick up day. It's not a fine you can just pay. You have to go to a "hearing" at Rayday Lodge on 145th and Kedzie. It's a $25 fine. The room was full and mostly I noticed families and older folks. Keep an eye out for your neighbors. If it's getting close to 8pm on trash day either remind them or pull the empty bins in. They will hear no excuses. It was one guy's birthday and another man was disabled. The police are patrolling for "code violations"
thats how it should be, specially when you work for the village, police dept. like the tracy on kostner, wedsday evening thier still out. and his neighbor to whos home all day. lazy.

“26 year Midlo resident”

Since: Feb 09

Wichita, Kansas

#21 Dec 8, 2012
Well the official rules are. Out after 6:00 PM the day before and in by 8:00 PM the day of pick-up.
seems fair

Midlothian, IL

#23 Dec 8, 2012
Midlo resident wrote:
Well the official rules are. Out after 6:00 PM the day before and in by 8:00 PM the day of pick-up.
26 hrs thats enough time

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Midlothian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Papa's Pizza Closing After 40 Years in Business (Jun '12) 19 min I like Papas 37
12 Hour shifts will bleed the taxpayers dry (Aug '15) 52 min Stay on topic 69
Red Light Enforcement Program (Sep '10) 53 min mbialka 32
Red Light Cameras in CCH (Aug '10) 1 hr mbialka 16
whos running for mayor Fri question 19
Vince Please Run Fri hell yeah!!! 2
Vandalized Homes Feb 5 55 Year Resident 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Midlothian Mortgages