Who will run for Mayor of Midlothian in April?

Posted in the Midlothian Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of79
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Ian Miller

Alsip, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2008

I keep hearing that Terry Stephens is running for mayor. Will he challenge Tom Murawski, or is Tom stepping down.
What will Karen Kreis do. She ran as an opposition candidate 12 years ago. Is it time for her to run for the top spot.
Wondering Why

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2008

Karen won't run for Mayor at least in my opinion.
Too much work to be done in getting this Village straight. Stephens run? That's a scary thought.
Tom step down? Highly doubtful but if he does, he will probably put in Moe Howard. Oops, I mean Mo Potempa.
Vote 2009

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2008

Word on the street is a X-Midlo Cop might be running.Its not offical yet but thats the buzz in the pubs.
Ian Miller

Alsip, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2008

Vote 2009 wrote:
Word on the street is a X-Midlo Cop might be running.Its not offical yet but thats the buzz in the pubs.
Ex-cops don't run well in this town. Neil Caauwe was an ex-cop, as was Wally Pence before him.
SNERT

Oak Forest, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2008

Neil Caauwe was a good guy.Midlo would be in a better spot if he was elected.
Wondering Why

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2008

Neal was and is a fantastic guy as was Wally. Wasn't the last time Neal run when Karen blew Tom's doors off with votes?
What ex Cop would want to run do you think?
Ian Miller

Alsip, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2008

Like Leo Durocher said, "Nice Guys Finish Last". Murawski is a pro and uses scorched earth policies to defeat and intimidate his opponents. Whoever runs in April better be ready for the fight of their lives.
TJM

Oak Brook, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2008

Tom excercises the old city politics to win. Ask him about the year that he hired a bus to pick up and drop off the folks over on turner in the apartments to they could vote for him. The driver of the bus had a suspended DL and all where advised not to get involved and to let it go.Then he use's the entire back page of the messenger paper to get his final point out right before the election. And that tax abatement, the savings that people get is very little. He should take the abatement and use it for village upgrades. Tom wont go away any time soon, unless Karen runs against him, she is the only one that can beat him.
Chris

Alsip, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2008

There is a big problem in this election. Terry Stevens wants to run and would like to put together a full slate, including a candidate for clerk and three trustees. Current clerk Mike Wioke is the problem. He is firmly planted in Murawski's camp. He's a good guy and Terry doesn't want to take him out. Because of this, Terry is looking at running as an independent without the full slate. So even if he gets elected, no one else on the board will be on his 'team'.
Ian Miller

Alsip, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2008

Judged:

Terry needs to make a choice. Maybe he's waiting for Murawski to step down and hand over the official party nomination. The biggest advantage of this would be access to the party's campaign fund. However, if Terry truly wants to make a statement about "Change", they he should leave the Independent Party and their dirty money. If he started a new party and brought in Karen Kreis, they would be unstoppable. I even think Mike Woike would see the writing on the wall and join their team. They could then fill out their slate with two qualifies trustee candidates. One should have experience in finance to compliment Kreis, the other candidate would need experience in business development. If Terry was successful in building this team, they would capture 75% of the vote!
Midlo First

Alsip, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2008

Why wouldn't Tom Murawski run again? He has kept taxes low, crime is generally not a problem, and village services are very good. Some people just can't be satisfied!!

MURAWSKI DOES FINE IN 2009!!!!!!!!!!
Midlo Last

Oak Brook, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2008

Obvioulsy you reside on the west side of town. The village does run well however they are broke, they just floated a bond for capital impprovement and to pay down debt. Perhaps TJM should have not put al lof his eggs in one basket with cars lots.
BarsNCars

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2008

Judged:

Midlo might as well elect Bozo the clown for Mayor of your town.Everything west of keeler ave is still ok for now,but another year that too will change.To bad TJM doesn't have the balls that the posen mayor had back when they had the wrecking ball come in and knock down all those Section 8 Apt of kedize.Imagine if Midlo did that to those homan projects and those sh!thole Apts on 147.
I guess these days TJM's only worrys are what pub to go to.Midlo was a nice little community back in the 70's.But today it's on the verge of being broke.Not sure how they swing paying the PW,PD & FD.Midlo is good for cars and bars,not much other big business to think off.Your Mayor need to quit clownin around and get more $$$ for your town or pretty soon North Markham will be Midlo's new name.
Midlo First

Alsip, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2008

Judged:

Midlo Last wrote:
Obvioulsy you reside on the west side of town. The village does run well however they are broke, they just floated a bond for capital impprovement and to pay down debt. Perhaps TJM should have not put al lof his eggs in one basket with cars lots.
It's real easy to point fingers. What have you ever done to help the town. Do you even live here? You probably think Midlothian would have been better off electing Neal Caauwe aka Barney the Purple Dinosaur. That guy couldn't even run his dollar store successfully!
Concerned about Midlo

Midlothian, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2008

I think that everybody is giving TJM a bad rap. My guess he doesn't venture east of Pulaski often, especially not after dark. So he wouldn't see the ladies walking around the 7-11 looking for rides. I'm sure he has never noticed the car that parks in one spot for hours, and if he had I'm sure that he thought that all of the people coming up to it were friends of the guy driving. Bremen HS does a great job covering their huge gang problem, so he probably doesn't know about that. And last but not least, who would open a business in midlothian? There is not much here, be happy we have car dealers.
Wondering Why

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2008

I don't know so much if it's giving TJ a "bad rap" but we are about due for a change to at least TRY to bring something different business wise in Midlo. I was told that Family Pride was supposed to get a new grocery store and the Video store next to it, a Bakery. What happened there?
Why can't our "planning commission" work to attract new business'? I believe we have about 27 Restaurants, about 15 car dealers, and 5 bars?
What?? DO we like to eat, drink and drive?
I live on the "West Side" and yes, we are safe. We have an excellent PD FD and PW. I wouldn't want there job at all. Although I do think that after 3 P.M we do need 2 man PD units.
Ian Miller

Alsip, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2008

Wondering Why wrote:
I don't know so much if it's giving TJ a "bad rap" but we are about due for a change to at least TRY to bring something different business wise in Midlo. I was told that Family Pride was supposed to get a new grocery store and the Video store next to it, a Bakery. What happened there?
Why can't our "planning commission" work to attract new business'? I believe we have about 27 Restaurants, about 15 car dealers, and 5 bars?
What?? DO we like to eat, drink and drive?
I live on the "West Side" and yes, we are safe. We have an excellent PD FD and PW. I wouldn't want there job at all. Although I do think that after 3 P.M we do need 2 man PD units.
Thirteen years ago the Economic Development Committee was created. It took them four years to develop a Comprehensive Plan. They worked with Cameros LTD and spent almost $100,000. Thay plan was abandoned almost as soon as it was completed.

Now we have the Village Center Plan. That was completed two years ago, was very expensive to create, and what have we gotten for it? Nothing. It's collecting dust on a shelf in Tom Murawski's office.

Now the Economic Development Committee has stopped meeting. They were so neutered by Murawski that they completely gave up. The problem with Midlothian is that they all went away quietly. I wish just one of them had the b@lls to stand up to Murawski and go public with this nonsense. Better yet, maybe one of them will have the courage to join Karen Kreis in assembling a team for next April.
Wondering Why

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2008

Ian Miller wrote:
<quoted text>
Thirteen years ago the Economic Development Committee was created. It took them four years to develop a Comprehensive Plan. They worked with Cameros LTD and spent almost $100,000. Thay plan was abandoned almost as soon as it was completed.
Now we have the Village Center Plan. That was completed two years ago, was very expensive to create, and what have we gotten for it? Nothing. It's collecting dust on a shelf in Tom Murawski's office.
Now the Economic Development Committee has stopped meeting. They were so neutered by Murawski that they completely gave up. The problem with Midlothian is that they all went away quietly. I wish just one of them had the b@lls to stand up to Murawski and go public with this nonsense. Better yet, maybe one of them will have the courage to join Karen Kreis in assembling a team for next April.
One could only hope for a change and I guess we will wait and see what happens. Maybe Karen will quietly assemble a party and go for it.
Wondering Why

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2008

Let's talk about the garbage situation and I don't mean at Village hall.
It was changed a few years ago to Tuesday on the South of 147 and Friday on the North of 147.
TJ's excuse? Too many vehicles on the roads while the School kids and buses were running.
Fees go up, garbage gets picked up after 4 P.M on the north, kids and buses still moving at that time. Waste of Fuel and our tax dollars as I see it. On my block, 6 trucks can be driving up and down the street and not 1 picking up garbage. Recylce at 10 a.m.,, yard waste at 1 p.m and garbage about 4 p.m.
Dump Tom, give us Karen. Oh?? Did you say Karen for Mayor?
Mr Me

Alsip, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2008

Why do people think Crestwood has such a lousy mayor? If it wasn't for the Stancziks, Crestwood wouldn't be a fraction of the town it is today. There certainly would not be tax rebates.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of79
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

15 Users are viewing the Midlothian Forum right now

Search the Midlothian Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 min Religionthebiglie 47,098
sstopping by 1 hr winterpeaches 20
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 2 hr Chicagobunny 3,787
IL Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Illinois ... (Oct '10) 16 hr jimtownhounddogsniffing 6,538
A sad list busnesses that have closed Sun Interested 19
First Midwest Bank Midlo-Branch Complaint Sat Bank Complaint 1
IL Who do you support for Secretary of State in Il... (Oct '10) Sat Be kuel 505
•••
•••
•••
•••

Midlothian Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Midlothian People Search