Midlothian s new six wheel ATV
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Just Facts

Oak Forest, IL

#21 Jun 26, 2013
BOB wrote:
<quoted text>.... Never heard of MABAS. Another bullshit taxpayer funded do-nothing organization. These vehicles are owned by the taxpayers and are a waste of money. Training? Everyone on every dept. in every community that is part of MABAS?
Before you shoot your mouth off maybe you should do a little research. MABAS has been around since 1968 and is probably the most organized and forward thinking fire department mutual aid system in the United States. You can find all your answers at www.mabas-il.org
midloguy30

Midlothian, IL

#22 Jun 26, 2013
I wonder wrote:
<quoted text> If you'll ever have the guts to say who you are, keep hiding and spewing your racist ignorant posts you coward, hopefully you don't raise your 5 kids to be that ignorant too. The world has enough already.
3 kids not 5...and don't worry I found your name in the phone book under "I wonder" so I am coming over to see you, you damn coward.
midloguy30

Midlothian, IL

#23 Jun 26, 2013
Just Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
Before you shoot your mouth off maybe you should do a little research. MABAS has been around since 1968 and is probably the most organized and forward thinking fire department mutual aid system in the United States. You can find all your answers at www.mabas-il.org
Can you think of any good reason Midlothian would need access to such a vehicle?
BOB

Blue Island, IL

#24 Jun 26, 2013
Just Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
Never heard of it. Taxpayer funded democratic blackhole money wasting no need to exist organization.
Just Facts

Oak Forest, IL

#25 Jun 26, 2013
Then you would not know anything about ILEAS - Illinois Law Enforcement System or IPWMAN - Illinois Public Works Mutual Aid Network. These are all organization that coordinate multiple communities responses to large events, such as natural disasters or emergency situations that overwhelm the local municipal resources.

Just because you have not heard of them does not make them a waste of taxpayer money. They actually save money by coordinating available services and resources instead of each municipality having to provide and pay for every potential problem.
wakeupbob

Chicago, IL

#26 Jun 27, 2013
BOB wrote:
<quoted text>Never heard of it. Taxpayer funded democratic blackhole money wasting no need to exist organization.
MABAS stands for Mutual Aid Box Alarm System. That is the system the Fire Departments use in case they need help. In other words, if your house is on FIRE, the Midlothian , if you even live here, would call a Box Alarm and about 7 Communities if not more,come here to help save YOUR house. That's what MABAS is. I just saved you from getting 5yr res involved because we all know who she wants to be "busy" with. Sorry but I like getting her going.
Interested

Lockport, IL

#27 Jun 27, 2013
midloguy30 wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you think of any good reason Midlothian would need access to such a vehicle?
Midlothian FD is going to use it tomorrow night at the fireworks at Memorial Park - incase someone has a medical emergency while out in the crowd or across the park. The new set up makes this vehicle easier to get to remote places than driving an ambulance out into the crowd for a minor medical issue.

This vehicle is available for use for any of the MABAS 22 departments to use since it's already paid for.

After this weekend it will go back to the host department (each department hosts a piece of the MABAS 22 equipment). This equipment is shared equipment...i.e. items that one single town can't afford or don't use enough to afford but when shared across 8-10 towns it makes sense.
midloguy30

Midlothian, IL

#28 Jun 27, 2013
Well ya got me there. I can kind of see the potential use in an open area event like tommorow. But truth be told I still see it as a waste of taxdollars. I've never seen in 30+ years an ambulance need to fight through a see of blankets on the grass. And I can't see how Midlo or other towns can get any use of it besides a fireworks show or carnival. Seems more like a parade vehicle. I just dont see peolle at a funeral saying " if only they had a six wheel atv he'd still be here today." I could more agree with the thing in more mountinous or rural areas..but not around here.Purchasing,training, hauling, storing, maintaining equals coin. I'd rather see the funding for this organization rerouted to drug testing link and section 8 recipients or the government looking into the finances or these people to see who is ripping off the taxpayers by working cash jobs or selling drugs or whatever. That's just me.

“In my opinion..”

Since: Dec 09

Midlothian

#29 Jun 27, 2013
Several places come to mind where the atv would be useful. Forest preserves, along creek or river beds, open fields or even a street that might be blocked by downed trees or house debris from a tornado. Since these type of emergency's are rare but do happen, it makes sense to share stuff instead of everyone paying and maintaining stuff
tiredofmidloguy3 0

Chicago, IL

#30 Jun 27, 2013
midloguy30 wrote:
Well ya got me there. I can kind of see the potential use in an open area event like tommorow. But truth be told I still see it as a waste of taxdollars. I've never seen in 30+ years an ambulance need to fight through a see of blankets on the grass. And I can't see how Midlo or other towns can get any use of it besides a fireworks show or carnival. Seems more like a parade vehicle. I just dont see peolle at a funeral saying " if only they had a six wheel atv he'd still be here today." I could more agree with the thing in more mountinous or rural areas..but not around here.Purchasing,training, hauling, storing, maintaining equals coin. I'd rather see the funding for this organization rerouted to drug testing link and section 8 recipients or the government looking into the finances or these people to see who is ripping off the taxpayers by working cash jobs or selling drugs or whatever. That's just me.
Can you see the need for a Fire Truck, Squad car,Jail cell? those are just 3 things that cost tax dollars. What can you see? Can you see past your nose? Can you see the need for the State Police helicopter with night vision? That costs tax dollars.
midloguy30

Midlothian, IL

#31 Jun 27, 2013
tiredofmidloguy30 wrote:
<quoted text>Can you see the need for a Fire Truck, Squad car,Jail cell? those are just 3 things that cost tax dollars. What can you see? Can you see past your nose? Can you see the need for the State Police helicopter with night vision? That costs tax dollars.
I am not even going to answer you.

Because you are an idiot.
midloguy30

Midlothian, IL

#32 Jun 27, 2013
Eagleman

I agree about the areas you spoke of. But I believe the Forest Preserve police handle that area. We have a creek, but it is about 20' off the street. And I don't know how it will help us in an emergency with a downed tree if the thing is 8 towns away. And I think to get to the other side of a downed tree in the street, you just drive around the block. I think it sounds good on paper but I don't see the pratical use for us city folk.

“In my opinion..”

Since: Dec 09

Midlothian

#33 Jun 28, 2013
midloguy30 wrote:
Eagleman
I agree about the areas you spoke of. But I believe the Forest Preserve police handle that area. We have a creek, but it is about 20' off the street. And I don't know how it will help us in an emergency with a downed tree if the thing is 8 towns away. And I think to get to the other side of a downed tree in the street, you just drive around the block. I think it sounds good on paper but I don't see the pratical use for us city folk.
True,the Forest preserve cops do handle the forest preserves, but they can call upon local police for help if needed. Midlothian does have several areas that have not been developed and are heavily wooded. 2 years ago my brothers block was hit by a micro burst. Atleast 6 large trees blew apart and came down. It took 2 days to clear all the mess. Just an example of a time where it could have been used. I agree with you that we should not have one on a full time basis, the cost vs the need just isn't there, but to have access to one in a time of need without us having to buy and then maintain it sounds like a good idea. Kind of like renting a steam cleaning machine. If you only need it once in awhile, why buy one.
Troubled Times

Midlothian, IL

#34 Jun 28, 2013
It is in town for the parade on Saturday.
trumbull

Midlothian, IL

#35 Jun 28, 2013
This to the moron driving the atv at the park tonite,you made a couple hundred people get out you way, for no reason at all. There was areal cop and firemen stationed at field 2 to keep people out of the roped of area, you got it going to about 30mph along the tollway, there was kids playing in the fields. It was getting dark, very unprofessional. If you felt it was necessary to check the temporary fence. You could have walked, looked like you could have used it.
midloguy30

Midlothian, IL

#36 Jun 29, 2013
trumbull wrote:
This to the moron driving the atv at the park tonite,you made a couple hundred people get out you way, for no reason at all. There was areal cop and firemen stationed at field 2 to keep people out of the roped of area, you got it going to about 30mph along the tollway, there was kids playing in the fields. It was getting dark, very unprofessional. If you felt it was necessary to check the temporary fence. You could have walked, looked like you could have used it.
Like I said...its a fn toy. What it is going to do in a heavily wooded area. IDK. Are there trails it can ride on there, or does it bend around trees? What does it need to get back there for anyway? Kid fall out of a tree? So some trees fall down around some houses. What is the use there? Funny, I called it a parade vechicle without even knowing there was going to be a parade...2 days later...its a parade vechicle. Its a toy.
trumbull

Midlothian, IL

#37 Jun 29, 2013
People on the park had baby strollers, and small children, there was no need for that to be on the walking paths, there was no emergency, no rescue.
midloguy30

Midlothian, IL

#38 Jun 29, 2013
trumbull wrote:
People on the park had baby strollers, and small children, there was no need for that to be on the walking paths, there was no emergency, no rescue.
Trumbull that is exactly what I felt would happen. I posted about it happening and was called an unhappy person or mad at the world or something of that nature. Maybe we can add fortune teller to that list of names.
midloguy30

Midlothian, IL

#39 Jun 29, 2013
parade attraction and pushing people out of the way for good reason.

2 out of 2
trumbull

Midlothian, IL

#40 Jun 29, 2013
Well I seen it with my own eyes. And wasn't to happy about it. Grown men acting like kids, even the kids from the park district stop driving there golf cart around when it became crowded.hey hauled tables and chairs to the street by hand.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Midlothian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chicago Rdige Trustee 11 min Moodigans Mom 19
Bill Lammel Lied 1 hr Snoopy 14
Vince Please Run (Feb '16) 1 hr Bob 38
Review: Public Moving and Storage 2 hr paul 132
Code Red... Powered by Topix 3 hr Change is needed 34
Frances Street Thu ATF 21
Hmm I wonder Nov 29 MIA 1

Midlothian Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance