Midlothian, IL

#1338 Apr 8, 2013
It's finally here get out and vote tomorrow

Since: Apr 09

Midlothian,Il

#1339 Apr 8, 2013
ok wrote:
It's finally here get out and vote tomorrow
If I voted for only the ones that came to my door or I got literature from, I'd only vote for 3.
Fast Insurance Cash Chick

Orland Park, IL

#1340 Apr 8, 2013
Wondering Why1: But thankfully we all have Topix to turn to for our candidate info!:)(That was a half-hearted attempt at a joke)
conflicted

Midlothian, IL

#1341 Apr 8, 2013
I was conflicted on who to vote for. But then I started thinking about that referendum question. Did Mayor Stevens put that on the ballot?

If so.... The way it's worded is confusing. And I feel that it's tricky. I feel that it's worded in a way to get people to say yes so he can raise taxes. I don't like sneaky, dishonesty and trickery. Maybe I'm wrong?

Orland Park, IL

#1342 Apr 8, 2013
I agree with you conflicted.

The verbiage really sucks and when a government body has to sell and tell the public that we are the ones not understanding what they wrote and that they feel compelled to "teach us" what they meant...that's bad.

Reminds me of Prop 8.

“In my opinion..”

Since: Dec 09

Midlothian

#1344 Apr 9, 2013
Today is the day. Put up or shut up. Off years usally have a very low turn out so get out and vote. By voting you have the power to make things happen, either by supporting a current candidate or voting for an opponant. I run into so many people who like to complain and yet after spending hours letting others know how they feel they cannot take a few minutes to vote. I do not have the right to tell you HOW to vote, but I do encourge you to vote.

I am Eagleman and I approve this message.:)

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#1345 Apr 9, 2013
eagleman wrote:
Today is the day. Put up or shut up. Off years usally have a very low turn out so get out and vote. By voting you have the power to make things happen, either by supporting a current candidate or voting for an opponant. I run into so many people who like to complain and yet after spending hours letting others know how they feel they cannot take a few minutes to vote. I do not have the right to tell you HOW to vote, but I do encourge you to vote.
I am Eagleman and I approve this message.:)
Nice of you to finally show up Eagleman. Your silence during this election cycle gives a tacit endorsement to the policies and conduct of this current administration.

Since: Mar 09

midlothian

#1346 Apr 9, 2013
in plan english if you a 5% tax hike vote yes
if you want your tax hike limited to the consumer price index vote no

the cpi has run at about 1.2% a year for the last four years
Fast Insurance Cash Chick wrote:
I agree with you conflicted.
The verbiage really sucks and when a government body has to sell and tell the public that we are the ones not understanding what they wrote and that they feel compelled to "teach us" what they meant...that's bad.
Reminds me of Prop 8.
Simple Choice

Palos Hills, IL

#1347 Apr 9, 2013
VOTE TERRY OUT!!!!
VOTE TERRY OUT!!!!
VOTE TERRY OUT!!!!
Don

Aurora, IL

#1348 Apr 9, 2013
Vote Terry Out ! I Agree 4 years and nothing but taxes going up and no business coming in to 147th and cicero.Lets Try for somone that might do something?
Don

Aurora, IL

#1349 Apr 9, 2013
Wothless Bearuacrats Be damned

“In my opinion..”

Midlothian

#1350 Apr 9, 2013
Ian Miller II wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice of you to finally show up Eagleman. Your silence during this election cycle gives a tacit endorsement to the policies and conduct of this current administration.
There hasn't been much for me to say. Most of the postings lately have been of high school level and I am getting to old for that nonsense.
Don

Aurora, IL

#1351 Apr 9, 2013
"eagleman"]<quote d text>There hasn't been much for me to say. Most of the postings lately have been of high school level and I am getting to old for that nonsense.
Oh Excuse me! Your comments are so more mature then ours Ha ha

Orland Park, IL

#1352 Apr 9, 2013
Really? One must have no less than a high school diploma to post uncommon sense on these boards?

Well...I have 2 high school diplomas and no GED. Now what. Do you think if someone has a college degree, someone would be able to buy into the idea that the silence of one mere mortal is a tacit endorsement of anything?

Next, did you get your high school grading of our content from one of the major search engines? I know that the Big G has been tinkering with this judgement for quite awhile now and is available through their Advanced Search feature.

Since I myself have received grades from their algorithms suggesting my content is above a high school level, I can certainly sustain reason to doubt their scoring of the content posted on Topix that continues to rank in the Top 10 to be that of high school level or less. Perhaps you get your scoring results from another aggregated source?

Lastly, it is a general rule of news writing to write as if your reader is in second grade, not high school. Therefore, if we use your scoring system Eagleman, then those posting on Topix are ahead of the curve.

Of course, if you want to talk about these posts being scored for their SEO and RepMan abilities to influence PPC schematics designed to affect the SERPS...

Now that's PhD level stuff, so perhaps you'll be up for that conversation since speaking out against inflammatory statements being made for and against all parties on this forum apparently isn't your style?

“VIVA LA RAZA”

Since: Nov 11

Midlothian,IL

#1353 Apr 9, 2013
Vota Stephens,Muņoz,Potempa, Crim, y Gillis

!!!!!!!!!!

VIVA LA RAZA !!!! VIVA LA RAZA !!!!!!
wow

United States

#1354 Apr 9, 2013
new wrote:
<quoted text>
you sound like someone who is trying to get people to sell cheaply. tooo bad not happening.
to late,

“In my opinion..”

Midlothian

#1355 Apr 9, 2013
Really? One must have no less than a high school diploma to post uncommon sense on these boards?
Well...I have 2 high school diplomas and no GED. Now what. Do you think if someone has a college degree, someone would be able to buy into the idea that the silence of one mere mortal is a tacit endorsement of anything?
Next, did you get your high school grading of our content from one of the major search engines? I know that the Big G has been tinkering with this judgement for quite awhile now and is available through their Advanced Search feature.
Since I myself have received grades from their algorithms suggesting my content is above a high school level, I can certainly sustain reason to doubt their scoring of the content posted on Topix that continues to rank in the Top 10 to be that of high school level or less. Perhaps you get your scoring results from another aggregated source?
Lastly, it is a general rule of news writing to write as if your reader is in second grade, not high school. Therefore, if we use your scoring system Eagleman, then those posting on Topix are ahead of the curve.
Of course, if you want to talk about these posts being scored for their SEO and RepMan abilities to influence PPC schematics designed to affect the SERPS...
Now that's PhD level stuff, so perhaps you'll be up for that conversation since speaking out against inflammatory statements being made for and against all parties on this forum apparently isn't your style?
You have totally missed my point if you think my statement was based on sentence structure , spelling or quality of someones writting style. I was refering to content. As a new poster( unles you have posted under different names) you may not have had a chance to read all the postings. This used to be a great place to have debate with thought out comments backed by sources. It has sunk to name calling, one liners that half the time are off topic and a few attempts to promote anger instead of thoughtful comments. Thats what I meant by high school- the childlike responses not the writing style.
cway

United States

#1356 Apr 9, 2013
Nah nah nah nah nah hey hey hey goodbye!!!!!!

Orland Park, IL

#1357 Apr 9, 2013
Eagleman---> As an oldtimer poster (before/after '08 election) who once had an account, I too remember the days prior to all of these one-liner attempts to provoke response. I also could not stay silent about a variety of headlines I believe were posted for reasons such as the acronyms I posted above and who knows what else.

For what its worth, it took a comment from Wondering Why1 for me to remember your participation back then and I apologize for re-opening my conversation with you so harshly and sharply.

Since: Apr 09

Midlothian,Il

#1358 Apr 9, 2013
Eagleman---> As an oldtimer poster (before/after '08 election) who once had an account, I too remember the days prior to all of these one-liner attempts to provoke response. I also could not stay silent about a variety of headlines I believe were posted for reasons such as the acronyms I posted above and who knows what else.
For what its worth, it took a comment from Wondering Why1 for me to remember your participation back then and I apologize for re-opening my conversation with you so harshly and sharply.
Now do you want to tell us who you posted under before? You're "style" looks way too familiar.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Midlothian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chicago Ridge Watch channel 9 tonight at 9pm 1 hr only time will tell 123
fire tokar 1 hr Ridge Resident 51
Dumbingo's Boyfriend! 1 hr Stewie Griffin 6
HUGE shakeup in District #228 Sat Timmy 5
Poll What should Midlothian do to reduce or cancel t... Sat Donnie Smith 8
Berkots Apr 24 Jewel shopper 14
Hog Wild. Apr 24 Cousin Sally 15
More from around the web

Midlothian People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE