Tinley Park Target.

Since: Sep 08

Midlothian, Il

#1 Dec 16, 2008
Hi everyone,

I just received a call from my dad's girl friend, who got word from a co-worker whose husband is a local area police officer, that the Tinley Park Target has had a rash of muggings. Apparently, the attacks have been worse in the morning and evenings, but they are pretty brutal. They aren't just taking the money and running. One man was beaten so bad he had to go to the hospital. That parking lot is pretty large, but the attacks have all or mostly happened in the Target section. Apparently, the TP police do not want to put the word out about these attacks. I don't know the reason for that. Perhaps because of the Lane Bryant murders that occurred there. I would think that if this gets out, that shopping center will become a ghost town. Anyway, if you decide to shop in that area, please be very careful. Of course, this time of year we all need to be aware any place we go, but now there is more of a reason. If anyone knows any more about this or hears anything else, please let me know.
Wondering Why

AOL

#2 Dec 16, 2008
Ryan H wrote:
Hi everyone,
I just received a call from my dad's girl friend, who got word from a co-worker whose husband is a local area police officer, that the Tinley Park Target has had a rash of muggings. Apparently, the attacks have been worse in the morning and evenings, but they are pretty brutal. They aren't just taking the money and running. One man was beaten so bad he had to go to the hospital. That parking lot is pretty large, but the attacks have all or mostly happened in the Target section. Apparently, the TP police do not want to put the word out about these attacks. I don't know the reason for that. Perhaps because of the Lane Bryant murders that occurred there. I would think that if this gets out, that shopping center will become a ghost town. Anyway, if you decide to shop in that area, please be very careful. Of course, this time of year we all need to be aware any place we go, but now there is more of a reason. If anyone knows any more about this or hears anything else, please let me know.
Whoever is doing the Muggings probably know that being close to I-80, they can get away by the time Tinley PD get there.
It's hard for some people to believe that Tinley isn't as safe as one may think, especially the Brookside Glen area. So much for ir being the "Exclusive" part of Tinley. Go the extra miles and shop Crestwood Target.

“Impeach Stevens!”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#3 Nov 14, 2012
Wondering Why wrote:
<quoted text>Whoever is doing the Muggings probably know that being close to I-80, they can get away by the time Tinley PD get there.
It's hard for some people to believe that Tinley isn't as safe as one may think, especially the Brookside Glen area. So much for ir being the "Exclusive" part of Tinley. Go the extra miles and shop Crestwood Target.
Hi Wonderingywhy? Did you forget your password lol?
Not Worthy

Midlothian, IL

#4 Nov 14, 2012
Ryan H wrote:
Hi everyone,
I just received a call from my dad's girl friend, who got word from a co-worker whose husband is a local area police officer,
I can't find anything on it, and your story came through quite a few people lol. I'm not sure how reliable it is. I'll stay away just in case though.
Duh

Midlothian, IL

#5 Nov 14, 2012
Look at the date of the original post
Not Worthy

Midlothian, IL

#6 Nov 15, 2012
Duh wrote:
Look at the date of the original post
I'm not worthy enough to look at dates...duh
OLD POST

Midlothian, IL

#7 Nov 15, 2012
bringing up post from years ago is stupid....worry about today!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Midlothian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
John Kasparek New City Auditor Addresses City C... (Oct '15) 2 hr Unjustifiable 37
Recall Rybak 3 hr umm yeah 13
Racist Midlothian 6 hr Resident 57
Village Attorney for Robbins Illinois Failed t... 6 hr You Betcha 24
News Mokena couple fight to keep fence they say prot... (Aug '12) 12 hr Robert Balcom 108
Looking for District 228 parents (May '15) 12 hr LilJoe 13
What's Happening in Oak Forest? 13 hr OF Person 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Midlothian Mortgages