Anonymous

Blue Island, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2010

So today I go to Walgreens to buy some Tide and i cant beleive alarm boxes on every bottle what the hell is going on un fricken real they cant control the stealing of tide what is this world coming to. God help us all
True

Naperville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2010

It's not good.
possibility

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2010

If you're talking about the Walgreen's at 111th and Ridgeland, I believe they cut back on the staff's hours. So they have fewer people to watch the merchandise.
Anonymous

Blue Island, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2010

possibility wrote:
If you're talking about the Walgreen's at 111th and Ridgeland, I believe they cut back on the staff's hours. So they have fewer people to watch the merchandise.
no actually oak forest 159th central

Since: Apr 09

Midlothian, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2010

Judged:

There was a news report on some months back about Walgreens in Seattle (and I think Vegas?) where they pilot the safety and product security programs.

While they were filming the segment (for CNBC or one of those outfits), someone was on camera stealing toothbrushes and such. They let him steal it because he's a small fish, and they want to catch the guy/gal/team he's really stealing for, but they used the cameras to follow him down the street as he sold his first toothbrush about two corners down from the store.

The guy for Walgreens security said that certain things are more prone to theft (pills for instance) so they go behind the break-proof glass while others get the alarm stickers or special boxes. He also said regionally different things are stolen more than others which is why in some parts Tide may have an alarm whereas in other towns, regions or even states Tide doesn't have it.

But if you think about it, it can't be too easy to walk out with a big bottle of Tide so A) they put it in the cart and "forget" to pay for it or B) they do either a "grab and run" or shove it under a coat. Seems like a lot of risk to ones livelihood for a damn bottle of Tide!

The security guy also said they have a fine line they try to keep from crossing where they protect the products too much that you need an associate with you in every aisle to get something. They don't want honest consumers to suffer, so they play the odds based on what statistics tell them is more apt to be stolen in a given area.
Anonymous

Blue Island, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2010

5yr Midlo Resident wrote:
There was a news report on some months back about Walgreens in Seattle (and I think Vegas?) where they pilot the safety and product security programs.
While they were filming the segment (for CNBC or one of those outfits), someone was on camera stealing toothbrushes and such. They let him steal it because he's a small fish, and they want to catch the guy/gal/team he's really stealing for, but they used the cameras to follow him down the street as he sold his first toothbrush about two corners down from the store.
The guy for Walgreens security said that certain things are more prone to theft (pills for instance) so they go behind the break-proof glass while others get the alarm stickers or special boxes. He also said regionally different things are stolen more than others which is why in some parts Tide may have an alarm whereas in other towns, regions or even states Tide doesn't have it.
But if you think about it, it can't be too easy to walk out with a big bottle of Tide so A) they put it in the cart and "forget" to pay for it or B) they do either a "grab and run" or shove it under a coat. Seems like a lot of risk to ones livelihood for a damn bottle of Tide!
The security guy also said they have a fine line they try to keep from crossing where they protect the products too much that you need an associate with you in every aisle to get something. They don't want honest consumers to suffer, so they play the odds based on what statistics tell them is more apt to be stolen in a given area.
Well I can go deep but ill try and make it short they steal the shit and sell it to so called convenience stores which are mostly owned by we know who. I say its all part of the big picture to cripple the good ole USA they have their cells here and each one has a mission be it steal from retailers,banks,identity theft and so on cmon AMERICA open your eyes
Anonymous

Blue Island, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2010

5yr Midlo Resident wrote:
By the way 5 year good reply
lenient courts

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2010

Judged:

Convicted shop-lifters should have electronic bracelets, so they can tracked, and so the stores can be alerted when they enter. In reality these people are not afraid of losing their jobs, since shop-lifting IS their only job. I don't know the situation today, but at one time Chicago Ridge Mall had a terrible problem. Maybe they have more cameras now. I don't think any shop-lifting should be tolerated.
Anonymous

Blue Island, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2010

lenient courts wrote:
Convicted shop-lifters should have electronic bracelets, so they can tracked, and so the stores can be alerted when they enter. In reality these people are not afraid of losing their jobs, since shop-lifting IS their only job. I don't know the situation today, but at one time Chicago Ridge Mall had a terrible problem. Maybe they have more cameras now. I don't think any shop-lifting should be tolerated.
Shoplifting has always been around but its really taking a toll the last few years I think the fencers should lose their business etc kinda like drug dealers. Chicago Ridge Mall aint that a coincidence Chicago Ridge the Holy Land
midlodude

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2011

Judged:

cvs had a rash of robberies were the bad guys were only taking laundry detergent it seems as though walgreens is their current victim .... maybe its their way of making a clean get a way
flea markets

Midlothian, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2011

a friend of mine who works store security has told me before that big items like that are stolen a lot. Detergent in particular because it is sold at the flea markets.
straight talk

Alsip, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2011

Buy the products above at the Robbins flea market 139th and Claire Bl. at half price brand new straight from the store.

Midlothian, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2011

Flea markets...Yes. That makes sense.
wondering

Racine, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2011

Judged:

I can't see how flea markets can operate. A store accounts for its sales tax. And a business needs a federal tax-number. How can people sell stolen goods in broad daylight and pay no taxes on their profits? Didn't they get Al Capone on something like that? I know I sound like the tax-man, but these are thieves and predators. Why give them a license to steal? They woundn't give you the right time of day. Or to put it another way, you would be helping them to reform themselves. These "petty" crimes hurt everyone, including the criminals. Perhaps especially the criminals. Now I sound like Dragnet!~Never mind! I like to hear myself write.

Midlothian, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2011

Judged:

On top of that Wondering, there was a shooting at the Alsip flea market about a week ago. Not a safe place.
straight talk

Alsip, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2011

Judged:

Everything for sale at the Robbins flea market is stolen from the local towns! It has been like that for 20 years.
Laura B

Blue Island, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2011

Speakinf of shooting there was one tonite in the lot where the robbins one is
Laura B

Blue Island, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2011

Sorry my bad it was a fire in the projects over there
Robbins

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2011

I remember a story from high school (I went to school with kids from Robbins). It seems that Robbins had one white policeman, but the guy would never get out of the police-car. The kids thought that was very funny.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 19 of19
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

16 Users are viewing the Midlothian Forum right now

Search the Midlothian Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Berkot's Foods in Midlothian? 6 min Interested 14
Village Sticker 24 min Chet 13
I grew up in Midlothian Facebook Page (Jul '13) 1 hr who cares 63
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr nnamhcsriK elaD yrogerG 48,668
Anyone else screwed by Midcrest Panthers?? (Jul '12) 10 hr what 20
Had a taste for ribs... Tue SteerHogs fan 2
When does the park district get a ticket? Tue Chet 5
•••
•••
•••
•••

Midlothian Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••