First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Mytown

Midlothian, IL

#1 Oct 8, 2012
Does anyone know if the person in the silver van that was hit by a train is alright? I wonder if the person lived in Midlothian and how did their van get in front of a train!
Kljhi

Midlothian, IL

#2 Oct 8, 2012
According to soyhwest star or something( google midlothian il news) it says he was sent to local hospital he was still concious but it doesnt say extent of injuries? Thats all i know
Mytown

Midlothian, IL

#3 Oct 8, 2012
I'm so glad to hear that the person is alive! It looked really really bad!
ummm keep your 2 cents

Midlothian, IL

#4 Oct 8, 2012
Where was the train/car collision at? Pulaski or 147th?
Mytown

Midlothian, IL

#5 Oct 8, 2012
Mytown

Midlothian, IL

#6 Oct 8, 2012
ummm keep your 2 cents wrote:
Where was the train/car collision at? Pulaski or 147th?
It was on Pulaski.
Mytown

Midlothian, IL

#7 Oct 8, 2012
Can someone thank the dumb ass for delaying the trains 2 hours????
White pride

Midlothian, IL

#8 Oct 9, 2012
Betcha it was a Mexican
Joker

Manhattan, IL

#9 Oct 9, 2012
The driver must not have seen the train coming...You know they are quiet and very small
Looneytunes

Midlothian, IL

#10 Oct 9, 2012
Joker wrote:
The driver must not have seen the train coming...You know they are quiet and very small
You're right! I've almost been hit by a train like 20 times in the past year. They really need to put up some kind of gate so that people know a train is coming. They should also make some kind of dinging noise, and maybe some flashing lights...
Concerned

Midlothian, IL

#11 Oct 9, 2012
Joker wrote:
This man is in critical condition. He might die and you're making fun of him. I hope this doesn't happen to anyone in your family. How would you feel reading comments that are making fun of your dead loved one?

“In my opinion..”

Since: Dec 09

Midlothian

#12 Oct 9, 2012
I heard that he went thru the gates, not around them and then stopped on the tracks. The buzz is he may have had a heart attact or some kind of seizure. He was taken to South Suburban then air lifted ( Northwestern?) do to a bad head injury.
Midlo

Blue Island, IL

#13 Oct 9, 2012
For those that are making fun of this man you live a very sad life one day this may be one of your loved ones it won't be so funny then will it? The man that was in that car is a very close family friend of mine and instead of making fun of him how about you pray he's going to be okay! So I'd appreciate it if you grow up a little bit and stop making those rude comments thanks!!!
Joker

Manhattan, IL

#14 Oct 9, 2012
Its not meant to be a joke... How the F do you not see a train coming? Is he partially blind.. Flashing lights and the gates are usually a good warning sign of an approaching train.
Midlo

Blue Island, IL

#15 Oct 9, 2012
I'm not sure if he was able to talk maybe his family would ask him! Considering he is in his 80s there could be many factors to what happened. I truly hope this never happens to your family or anyone that is close to you!

Since: Apr 09

Midlothian, IL

#16 Oct 9, 2012
There isn't much information in the new article today, but it does say he was cited for failing to obey traffic signals. Not much else though.
Family Friend

Normal, IL

#17 Oct 9, 2012
It absolutely disgusts me to see some of the comments that are left on here. I actually know and care about this man that was in this collision and his family and friends have been sick with worry over the incident itself and his impending health and you are making nasty remarks about it? How would you feel if it was you yesterday getting that phone call informing you of that accident that you had seen on the news was someone you care about? He is a wonderful person to his family, friends and community and just because you see some news reports you think it gives you the right to judge someone who brings so much joy to everyone he meets? I hope you do not have to live the pain and anxiety of waiting to hear definite news of a loved ones fate, as we have. I would never wish anyone to endure that kind of experience. I hope that it gives you some insight that there is always the possibility it could be you in our shoes. Also, the I hope you reconsider using jokes, sarcasm or even, sadly enough, racial profiling in consideration of a traumatic event, or any given event in your life. And I would really appreciate it, as would the rest of us, if we don't have to see anything like that again. Thank you.
Joker

Manhattan, IL

#18 Oct 9, 2012
It is Darwinism at its best. If they guy is too old to drive safely, take the dam keys away from him.
why

United States

#19 Oct 9, 2012
Ok if he had a seizure or heart attack its explainable. If this jackass just tried beating the train and lost then he deserves to get made fun of, and if my family did it I would make fun of their dumbass as well

“Live Laugh Love”

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#20 Oct 9, 2012
Family Friend wrote:
I actually know and care about this man that was in this collision and his family and friends have been sick with worry over the incident itself and his impending health and you are making nasty remarks about it? How would you feel if it was you yesterday getting that phone call informing you of that accident that you had seen on the news was someone you care about?
My prayers are going out for him, and his family, and friends. May God bless you all in your time of need.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Midlothian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
midlo tax hike 2 hr Hood Winked 182
How can we repeal Home Rule 20 hr wow 7
Trustee Gary 22 hr overtaxed 12
village idiot 22 hr Red Alert 9
Bremen coach 23 hr Tommy 18
Do you trust Mayor Sharon Rybak to fight for Mi... Fri Angry resident 9
Copy of video? Thu Arlo 2
Midlothian Dating
Find my Match

Midlothian Jobs