First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#1 Jul 31, 2009
If you ride your bike or go walking on the trails beware ,cars are getting windows smashed and being broken into. The parking lot is on Midlothian turnpike right before Ridgeland. Saw two cars that had it done today, and heard about one on Monday.

Since: Apr 09

Midlothian,Il

#2 Jul 31, 2009
Midlo Dog Walker wrote:
If you ride your bike or go walking on the trails beware ,cars are getting windows smashed and being broken into. The parking lot is on Midlothian turnpike right before Ridgeland. Saw two cars that had it done today, and heard about one on Monday.
After about 1980 or so, Rubio hasn't been the most "pleasant" place to go. Safest bet would be to either the Woods on Pulaski by Bremen or in Oak Forest by the Golf Course or on 151st St over by Oak Park, Ave.
Really

Vienna, VA

#3 Jul 31, 2009
Wondering Why1 wrote:
<quoted text> After about 1980 or so, Rubio hasn't been the most "pleasant" place to go. Safest bet would be to either the Woods on Pulaski by Bremen or in Oak Forest by the Golf Course or on 151st St over by Oak Park, Ave.
Unfortunately, most of those forest preserves are now a frequent venue of gay sex. not tryin' to cause a ruckus, but its true. Remember Larry Craig in the Minnesota airport. Well, Minnesota has their airports. South suburbs have forest preserves.
double g

Midlothian, IL

#4 Jul 31, 2009
At about 5;45PM today (Friday) I drove by Rubio and saw at least 3 sqaud cars in the parking lot. I was wondering what happened. Thanks for the update.

Midlothian,Il

#5 Jul 31, 2009
Really wrote:
<quoted text>Unfortunately, most of those forest preserves are now a frequent venue of gay sex. not tryin' to cause a ruckus, but its true. Remember Larry Craig in the Minnesota airport. Well, Minnesota has their airports. South suburbs have forest preserves.
No Ruckus should be started. I think you are absolutely truthful. Sad but when I was "younger" it was no problem to go to the "woods" now, you can't even take your Family there.
Really

Vienna, VA

#6 Jul 31, 2009
I don't want to start one of those urban myths/internet rumors, but I've heard that if you pull in backwards, it's supposed to be a signal that your "interested" (no offense to the poster). I don't want to make it seem like their vultures (I'm sure most of them are very strange, yet fully consenting). I think you can still take your kids there, but like any other public place, I wouldn't let them out of my sight. This has nothing to do with anybody being gay. It's just that gay or straight; anonymous forest preserve sex is weird.

Location hidden

#7 Jul 31, 2009
Ive been going there for a couple of years and have had no problems with "gay sex" going on there. And as far as going to the woods on Pulaski near Bremen, that one did give me the creeps.
Really

United States

#8 Jul 31, 2009
Midlo Dog Walker wrote:
Ive been going there for a couple of years and have had no problems with "gay sex" going on there. And as far as going to the woods on Pulaski near Bremen, that one did give me the creeps.
I won't presume to know what gender you are, but if you are a female, that would explain why you've never been propositioned, and then subsequently have noticed the shenanigans. It really is very silly, and as I said very weird.

Location hidden

#10 Aug 1, 2009
I'm not female and have never been propositioned..maybe because I'm using the trail for what it's meant for, not sitting in my car. We are off the subject anyway. someone is robbing cars there obviously..when do they start robbing people on the trail?

Midlothian,Il

#11 Aug 1, 2009
Midlo Dog Walker wrote:
I'm not female and have never been propositioned..maybe because I'm using the trail for what it's meant for, not sitting in my car. We are off the subject anyway. someone is robbing cars there obviously..when do they start robbing people on the trail?
It's already happened. Not around here I don't believe. More so out South towards Country Club Hills and Matteson a few years ago. You're better off staying in your own neighborhood.
mr midlopk

Midlothian, IL

#12 Aug 1, 2009
yep many a qu@@r guy in those woods, they sit and act like Oh I am just reading the paper? how many of you sit in your car at a forest preserve to read the paper. We should go and stake it out with a long range video camera Mine can pick up clearly from over 100yards on a tripod, and post em on youtube. lol
Really

United States

#13 Aug 1, 2009
Wondering Why1 wrote:
<quoted text> It's already happened. Not around here I don't believe. More so out South towards Country Club Hills and Matteson a few years ago. You're better off staying in your own neighborhood.
I usually use the trail when I'm there too. However, I used to go there on my lunch break. I didn't have enough time to walk the trail so I used to just relax and listen to talk radio for the half-hour I was allotted. You are however right on one issue; If your walking the trail you're not gonna have any problems. The problems only come if you're sitting in your car. I haven't done this in years b/c I no longer work that close to home, but it's not some crazy story I'm making up. What they used to do is pull in the spot next to mine despite the fact that there were literally hundreds of other spots. One of asked actually asked me "what's to do for fun around here"? I said I don't know and pulled away. The other guy's would just pull up right next to you and try to make eye contact, at which point I'd just drive away. This didn't happen all the time mind you, just once in a while. And again, I'm not trying to go on some anti-gay tirade, it's really just the fact that their strangers and their doing what their doing. I should also point out that it took me a few years to put the whole thing together. It was only after I met a police officer through a mutual friend. This officer worked at Midlo Pd during the nineties and told me there have been a few arrests at that forest preserve for prostitution and indecent exposure. He said despite the fact that the PD's (midlo and Forest preserve)know it gos on their, they've got to catch somebody on the act to do something. There is no law against loitering inside your vehicle in the FPD parking lot. And again, walking trail or using picnic area=ok, sitting in your car for no apparent reason= questionable reasons for being their. I learned that the hard way after having to deal with some of those weirdo's
Really

United States

#14 Aug 1, 2009
I actually meant to respond to "MDW", as opposed to "WW1".
Really

United States

#15 Aug 1, 2009
Also, I'm not trying to trash MIdlo in any way. I love Midlo, but I am confident that this is going on. Can we do anything about it? NO. Should we? probably not b/c their adults, but it's still creepy

Midlothian,Il

#16 Aug 1, 2009
mr midlopk wrote:
yep many a qu@@r guy in those woods, they sit and act like Oh I am just reading the paper? how many of you sit in your car at a forest preserve to read the paper. We should go and stake it out with a long range video camera Mine can pick up clearly from over 100yards on a tripod, and post em on youtube. lol
When I used to go to "Jacks woods" as it was called back the, we didn't sit in the car. We got out with our Beer, Frisbee, or whatever and made sure we were at least 50 feet away from the car. A FPD Cop told us that just to be on the safe side and not get busted for drinking by the Vehicle. Of course that was almost 30 years ago. Sure had fun in those woods back then:):) And not "bashing" but Gay wasn't even in our language because everyone had a Girl Friend or Boy Friend. If not everyone just hung out together.

Location hidden

#17 Aug 1, 2009
I know what you mean REALLY..I know that gays are there ..and know who the ones just hanging around there are really doing, I just ignore them, I figured you had been propositioned while walking. It does suck that you can't just go and relax..maybe you should wear a t-shirt with I hate gays on it, they'll leave you alone then for sure. And as far as staying in my own neighborhood WW1..it is Midlothian right??
Really

United States

#18 Aug 1, 2009
The thing is, I don't hate gays. I just don't think the forest preserve should be a place where strangers meet to have sex b/c it's supposed to a family affair. I mean even if teenagers had a party and a perhaps a couple engaged in fornication, it's just no where near as creepy as strangers going there to meet and get it on. its just weird.

Midlothian,Il

#19 Aug 1, 2009
Midlo Dog Walker wrote:
I know what you mean REALLY..I know that gays are there ..and know who the ones just hanging around there are really doing, I just ignore them, I figured you had been propositioned while walking. It does suck that you can't just go and relax..maybe you should wear a t-shirt with I hate gays on it, they'll leave you alone then for sure. And as far as staying in my own neighborhood WW1..it is Midlothian right??
What I meant about "neighborhood" MDW was Midlo, Oak Forest area where the trails are. If I'm not mistaken, Rubio is in what may be considered Crestwood or Palos area not Midlo. Midlo Turnpike is just the name of the street. Liken it to one of use going up Vincennes,Ave. Know what I mean?

“26 year Midlo resident”

Since: Feb 09

Wichita, Kansas

#20 Aug 2, 2009
No it would not be in Midlothian. Sounds like the j springer might want to take his show over there.
j springer

Norcross, GA

#21 Aug 2, 2009
Midlo resident wrote:
No it would not be in Midlothian. Sounds like the j springer might want to take his show over there.
Iwas there filming then all the midlo trailer trash folks came by and started acting like fools you all need to respect others stuff that why you all live in midlo trailer park

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Midlothian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bremen coach 8 hr tommy 25
Bremen basketball 15 hr Yepper 2
Former Midlothian cop convicted striking man wi... 22 hr Todd 7
Midlothian-Crestwood Police on Springfield Ave Sun Springfield 2
Use of Taser on man who died not in Midlothian ... (Mar '10) Fri Mike 123
Millions missing from Village of Midlothian (Dec '13) Dec 19 Resident of Midlo... 102
Should the taxpayers of Midlothian pay to repai... Dec 18 Mike 44
Midlothian Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Midlothian People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Midlothian News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Midlothian

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:00 pm PST

Bleacher Report 6:00PM
Colts Have Puncher's Chance in Playoffs Despite Flaws
Bleacher Report 7:50 PM
Colts Collapse Around Andrew Luck in Another Prime-Time Blowout
Bleacher Report11:31 PM
Can Bears Turn Back to Cutler After Loss?
NBC Sports 1:03 AM
Romo, Cowboys are in after 42-7 rout of Colts - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 4:46 AM
Can Hamilton Fix Colts Offense for Playoff Run?