First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“26 year Midlo resident”

Since: Feb 09

Wichita, Kansas

#1 Nov 4, 2011
Seems something has been going on inside the building. Or did they just sell all the shelving and fixtures?

“In my opinion..”

Since: Dec 09

Midlothian

#2 Nov 4, 2011
I heard that a Dollar store might go there

Since: Apr 09

Midlothian, IL

#3 Nov 4, 2011
A Family Dollar I believe they said. They are getting a 5 year lease on just the grocery side. Maybe that will drum up interest in the old video store side of it. They are renovating it right now. Not sure when they go in and stock it up to open though.

“Always willing to lend a hand”

Since: Dec 09

Midlothian, Il

#4 Nov 4, 2011
eagleman wrote:
I heard that a Dollar store might go there
Eagleman! What a pleasant surprise! Another blast from the past so to speak:):):) Indeed, it's as if we are getting the "band back together", is it not?

Is there anything better than old friends reuniting?:):):)
flip

Midlothian, IL

#5 Nov 4, 2011
Midlothian Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Eagleman! What a pleasant surprise! Another blast from the past so to speak:):):) Indeed, it's as if we are getting the "band back together", is it not?
Is there anything better than old friends reuniting?:):):)
I do believe you are off topic. Consider this a warning.
Lovely Rita Meter Maid

Blue Island, IL

#6 Nov 4, 2011
5yr Midlo Resident wrote:
A Family Dollar I believe they said. They are getting a 5 year lease on just the grocery side. Maybe that will drum up interest in the old video store side of it. They are renovating it right now. Not sure when they go in and stock it up to open though.
We already have a Family Dollar in town. Is it relocating there?
Family dollar hater

Chicago, IL

#7 Nov 4, 2011
Please no not a family dollar there goes the neighborhood those stores are trashy.I just hate them .

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#8 Nov 4, 2011
Most Dollar stores attract send the wrong message, just take a ride through Blue Island.

“Trust me?”

Since: Jan 10

Oak Forest/Midlothian

#9 Nov 4, 2011
A vacant building in front of city hall falling apart sends even a worse message. The dollar store in Merrionette Park has not put any blight on the area, in fact it bring business in. As long as it is done in the right way it can only be positive.

Since: Jan 09

Alsip, IL

#10 Nov 4, 2011
where do we have a family dollar? and i would appreciate their business - blue island i don't know their town right now looks better than ours. their parks are great and they have a great park district that offers classes that people are inerested in. their community is more involved with what is going on.
info

Chicago, IL

#11 Nov 5, 2011
I actually spoke to the mayor about this building and he confirmed that a Dollar Tree will be there.
info

Chicago, IL

#12 Nov 5, 2011
winterpeaches wrote:
where do we have a family dollar? and i would appreciate their business - blue island i don't know their town right now looks better than ours. their parks are great and they have a great park district that offers classes that people are inerested in. their community is more involved with what is going on.
The family dollar is on 145th and Pulaski. by the DMV. Did you just move here?
Family dollar hater

Midlothian, IL

#13 Nov 5, 2011
your full of crap I have relatives in blue island and they aren't happy with what's going on the neighborhoods are changing for the worse the park district sucks and the family dollar has been in midlothian for many years this store will only encourage a further migration of undesirables great job Terry just like the Mexican restaurant and barber shop what the heck can't we attract any nice businesses.Oh ya the hotel really adds to the desirability of people wanting to live here.

Since: Jan 09

Alsip, IL

#14 Nov 5, 2011
no did not just move here - i was thinking dollar store like a dollar tree or something - not dollar general or general dollar. which i happen to like if they are well kept, not dirty and run down like the one on pulaski.

family dollar sorry that your family feels that way - but then again that is their opinion not everyone's.
jim

Bridgman, MI

#15 Nov 5, 2011
Some of you people are being closed minded nitwits. The people who open these places do a lot of research before they open up, so to say that their attracting the "poor folk" for lack of better word I'd just plain silly. Fact is, is that those people are already here or the place wouldn't open up a new store here. And I haven't been in a dollar tree recently, but dollar general is a real nice place. It's sort of like a mini Walmart. Anyway, are you saying there are no dollar stores in Orland or Tinley?

Don't let perfect be the enemy of the good! We got a new business in town and one less vacant building!

Since: Apr 11

Midlothian, IL

#16 Nov 5, 2011
It is always better to have a business open in Midlo than an empty building which is definitely a eyesore.

“Stay Thirsty my Friends”

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#17 Nov 5, 2011
Look for the village hall to temporarily occupy the old video store. They will need to vacate the current village hall during the renovation project.

This move was negotiated when it was learned that Dollar Tree was interested in the old Family Pride space. In exchange for a great deal on renting the video store, the village agreed to relax some of the building codes Dollar Tree would have had to comply in order to open this new location.

Since: Apr 09

Midlothian, IL

#18 Nov 5, 2011
You're right. I guess it must be one of the other Dollar ones like Dollar Tree or something because there is a Dollar General on Cicero and the Family Dollar on Pulaski. I just know it is a dollar type store.
Lovely Rita Meter Maid

Blue Island, IL

#19 Nov 5, 2011
Dollar Tree would be good. There is one now in the shopping center in Crestwood. They have a lot of stuff and it never seems trashy.
midlo77

United States

#20 Nov 5, 2011
A Dollar tree would be great if it is similar to the one in crestwood. Family dollar in Midlothian is disgusting! It is super trashy and the employees are ignorant uneducated low lifes! It would be nice to have the old family pride location turned into something positive I used to work there in H.S. it will be fun to go back in there when it re opens even if it is something different! If that old lady hadnt been so greedy Bob would still be there and it would still be Family Pride I blame her for the vacancy of that building, greedy old hag.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Midlothian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
what happen to all the outrage 2 hr Voter 21
What exactly is Robert Rita doing in Blue Island 4 hr find out for your... 14
News Five Chicago Suburbs Headed for Bankruptcy 4 hr Taxman 3
So Midlothian is Short on Cash... Sun Gas money 12
know the boards can party Sun Kitty 7
Berkots May 29 Franklin 20
Hells Angels (Jun '10) May 28 joestyle79 says 107
More from around the web

Midlothian People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE