Posted in the Midlothian Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

“Did I Just Say That Out Loud?”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#1 May 22, 2011
I remember very clearly going into a Midlothian business on that warm September Saturday morning. The business owner handed me a flyer and told me a little girl was missing. Media descended on the town and I remained hopeful over the next few days. Midlothian was on every news station and they were getting the word out, so of course she would be found. Bad things just didn't happen here. And then the profound sadness when she did not turn up safe.

This poor little girl has never gotten justice. Rest in peace sweet Jaclyn.
i remember too

Alsip, IL

#2 May 22, 2011
I also remember receiving the flyer. Jaclyn was just a few years younger than me, I remember wanting to protect her if I could in any way. I know someone who was on the team who was searching and found her. Horrible news, but she was found and could be put to rest and given a proper burial.

I have always had a funny feeling about David not doing it. A lot of things didn't seem to add up. There was talk about it being such a big case and too much for small town cops to handle. I was young and just remember everybody had their own idea of what happened. I guess it is something we will never know the truth about.

Rest in peace Jaclyn.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#3 May 22, 2011
Since that time I've always had 2 dogs.
Nothing is worse than tragedy involving children.
midlo resident

Midlothian, IL

#4 May 22, 2011
What side of town was their home on?
i remember too

Alsip, IL

#5 May 22, 2011
they were by central park if I remember correctly
Pictures

United States

#6 May 22, 2011
Seems most murders in midlothian go unsolved. How about 5 or 6 years ago the shooting of Tom Fazy over in the building by the railroad tracks. Never solved. Seems these small town cops have a hard time solving murders around here.

“Trust me?”

Since: Jan 10

Oak Forest/Midlothian

#7 May 22, 2011
If you ask any detective on the Midlothian PD, they will tell you the case is solved and closed. There is no hope of this case being reopened. According to the PD they had the right person, according to the court the evidence was tainted. between the two, they never investigated any further. This is not considered a "cold case
by the MPD.
Thank You

Dolton, IL

#8 May 23, 2011
Which case? Because they never had anybody in the Fazy case.

Since: Apr 09

Midlothian,Il

#9 May 23, 2011
Pictures wrote:
Seems most murders in midlothian go unsolved. How about 5 or 6 years ago the shooting of Tom Fazy over in the building by the railroad tracks. Never solved. Seems these small town cops have a hard time solving murders around here.
Wasn't that in a small office on the side of the building ? I thought that it was a Real Estate deal of some sort that went bad? There's been a couple through the years but the ones that were killed, knew their killers.
Thank You

Dolton, IL

#10 May 23, 2011
You are correct it was in that building by the train tracks. However, even if it was a real estate deal gone bad shouldn't he case be solved instead of ignored?

Midlothian,Il

#11 May 23, 2011
Thank You wrote:
You are correct it was in that building by the train tracks. However, even if it was a real estate deal gone bad shouldn't he case be solved instead of ignored?
You are absolutely right. I agree with you 100%. My Daughter worked very close to that building the day it happened. Not in the same building but within a few hundred feet of it. I just wonder if sometimes they do solve these cases but fail to notify the Residents? Not that we need to know everything but when it's something like that, I think it would put a lot of minds at ease.

Midlothian, IL

#13 May 24, 2011

So sad. I am just three years older than her. I think about how at 10 I was safe in my bed just like her. How people can just go into a home and take a child...It baffles me. WW1 I wonder if because of the Freedom of Info Act we could request information on the cases. I imagine they only let you know about the big ones because the newspapers send someone out to read the files. If something were to happen in the Dowaliby case I'm guessing we'd hear about that. Perhaps not with the other one.

Midlothian, IL

#14 May 24, 2011
And here's another one the Star did.

&fe ature=related

Midlothian, IL

#15 May 24, 2011
My bad. Got the year wrong. She went missing in 88 so I was just 1 year older. Hits home even more.
Thank You

Oak Forest, IL

#16 May 24, 2011
Tom Fazy had 5 kids who wonder everyday who killed their father. Nothing was ever solved in this case. Terrible these kids will have to go the rest of their life wondering what happened and why their father's murderer was not brought to justice.

As far as Jaclyn if you read the book Gone In the Night, I think you will realize they probably found who did kill her although it's never been proven 100%.
5yr Midlo Resident

Lansing, IL

#17 May 24, 2011
Tom was a convicted man. Perhaps he was silenced. That would seem highly probable, but it would also lead me to speculate that they won't ever find his killer.

As for Jaclyn, that book is designed to make you feel that way. It doesn't make it correct.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#18 May 24, 2011
Pictures wrote:
The small town cops had help working on the Dowaliby case. The FBI was involved.
Our small town cops do a pretty good job.
Thank You

Oak Forest, IL

#19 May 24, 2011
He did time for some of his convictions. Doesn't mean he deserved to die for them. After all it was just real estate.
Thank You

Oak Forest, IL

#20 May 24, 2011
And correct me if I'm wrong, I might be. But wasn't that book written by Paul Hogan from Channel 5 who helped ensure David's release? And also the guy from I believe Northwestern University who has made a career out of having innocent people released from prison? I thought the book was interesting in the fact that they had evidence against the other man they suspected of the murder. And wasn't there another girl taken from her bed in the middle of the night shortly before the little Dowaliby girl went missing?

“Trust me?”

Since: Jan 10

Oak Forest/Midlothian

#21 May 24, 2011
From what I heard (from a detective working the case), they had a lot of evidence that was not allowed in at trial that was solid proof in his opinion. He would not go into specifics though. The entire case he was convicted on was circumstantial, and that is why the case was overturned. They had the same identical evidence against his wife, but the judge dismissed the case against her before the jury came back with its decision.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Midlothian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hog Wild. 11 hr Just another resi... 8
Thinking of purchasing home in midlothian 11 hr Just another resi... 10
Facebook Crusaders 16 hr joe blow 90
True value 22 hr midlodude 3
Real people focusing on real issues. Fri now what 8
What is your favorite thing about Midlothian? Thu joe blow 15
Dowaliby Case Thu Jimmywells 28
More from around the web

Midlothian People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE