“I Am In Control.”

Since: Jan 10

Heaven

#61 Jul 22, 2010
Wondering Why1 wrote:
<quoted text> You have a pet Snake? You won't see me on Halloween:):) I like Snakes in a way,,, far away:):)
Your fears are justified.

The snake is usually the manifestation of Lucifer.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#62 Jul 22, 2010
Wondering Why1 wrote:
<quoted text> You have a pet Snake? You won't see me on Halloween:):) I like Snakes in a way,,, far away:):)
I understand. The reason I have the snake is because I don't like irrational fears and I had a fear of snakes. This is how I got over it. My heart still pounds when I put my hand into the tank but he has never hurt anyone and I don't have the same kind of fear that I used to have. And the kids really like it so that's a bonus. I've had it at central park school in science classes and seeing the kids smile just makes my day.
Go Blue

Lake Worth, FL

#63 Jul 22, 2010
winterpeaches wrote:
what black with white lettering
maybe they are the outlaws - or who knows
I can tell you from some experience, that the Outlaws and Angels detest eachother.......
NixNix

Douglasville, GA

#64 Jul 22, 2010
LOL! Yep, we may have met.

I came back to Il last summer. My, my have things change since the last time I was there 10 years ago. We are going through the same things where I am living now. Y'all should stop in at my home town Topix forum to see some of the stuff we put up with. Just plain ol' ugly at best. We have some good topics going on right now.

I agree with your post.
jc what wrote:
<quoted text>
I grew up in Palos also and was at crooked creek often as a kid and ran into Hells Angels and never had a problem with them in the early 70's to later 70's. They had cook outs and gatherings there. I talked to them occasionly while my friends and I were hiking through they were fine and even asked if we wanted anything to eat. We were ages from 12 - 16 only a few of us and I never felt threatened or intimidated. With saying that it doesn't mean that some of them aren't real bad guys now and it doesn't mean that these organizations haven't changed. I try to keep and open mind because some probably are OK and some aren't. I guess we live in a society now of don't judge until you experience or see something wrong. That is why people are so guarded you can't tell all the time who is the good guy and who is te bad guy.Hey NixNix I probably ran into you back in the day.
NixNix

Douglasville, GA

#65 Jul 22, 2010
I do have kids. 5 of them, all grown up and adults now. Strange thing is, we taught them well at home and they didn't have the desire to try drugs. They had more important things to do like school and an endless amount of activities.

You should never be intimidated by anybody. OTOH, you shouldn't be aggressive as well. Just go about your business...

If people weren't wanting to buy their goods then they would be out of business really fast, no?
RESIDENT wrote:
SO what you all are saying if they don't bother you it's ok. Hmm... Never thought it was ok to Sell Drugs, kill people, and intimidate people. You all say that they don't bother you. Well if any of you have children on drugs they could be part of the problem. They are how many of the drugs get into the area. you people are fools. Do you really think these gangs are because they are bored and have nothing else to do. Wake up people!!1

Since: Jan 09

Midlothian, IL

#66 Jul 23, 2010
Go Blue wrote:
<quoted text> I can tell you from some experience, that the Outlaws and Angels detest eachother.......
Really!!!! I was not aware of that - thanks for clearing that up for me

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#67 Jul 23, 2010
Jesus-Christ wrote:
<quoted text>Don't worry about "Free. He's someone that I've been keeping my eye on for a while now.
I wouldn't take him to seriously.
Your nothing more than Satan in disguise a.k.a. midlo man or any one of the other names you take when your meds don't work or you don't take them.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#68 Jul 23, 2010
Free Speech 4 All wrote:
<quoted text>Your nothing more than Satan in disguise a.k.a. midlo man or any one of the other names you take when your meds don't work or you don't take them.
Isn't it funny how the names change but the postings stay the same?

Midlothian, IL

#69 Jul 23, 2010
fido wrote:
<quoted text>
We go to bike week every year in daytona and Sturges, no problems with any biker, just because they look bad dont mean they are. There are a bunch of gang bangers walking the streets in Midlo every day, now thats scarey.
i do poker runs where you run across all kind of bikers and they are great people - would rather sit down with them than my neighbor - bikers are willing to accpet you for what you are not what you look like, how much money you have or what you do for a living.
Go Blue

Lake Worth, FL

#70 Jul 23, 2010
winterpeaches wrote:
<quoted text>
Really!!!! I was not aware of that - thanks for clearing that up for me
I was a police officer, in a large dept. here in Florida......years ago, we had a case where the Outlaws took two young runaway girls, out in the woods, near the everglades. They gang raped them, then took turns heating spoons in a fire and torturing them to death........because of all the wildlife there, by the time we found the bodies, there was'nt much left......so, maybe you could tell me again how they are just like normal guys?

Location hidden

#71 Jul 23, 2010
I have to agree with Winterpeaches. I've been riding motorcycles for a long time and I have been out on many bike runs. I have never had a bad experience with a biker. I am not so naive as to believe there are no bad bikers, but I do believe as I've pointed out before, they are a minority just like any group has to deal with some bad people.
I do think those scooter people need to be watched more closely though. They always have such big grins on their faces you have to believe they must be some kind of high.

Midlothian, IL

#72 Jul 23, 2010
So if there was not much evidence how do you know it was them? Just asking -

There is bad in every organization (heck look at the Pastors of the Catholic Church thought we could trust them too and my dad can tell you about the cemetery behind the Nuns' convenant?house when he was growning up

I never said all were great just some that I have seen on rides and others I have come across never had a problem with them. I don't judge and automatically think the worst of people.

I look for the good until they prove me wrong

Location hidden

#73 Jul 24, 2010
Wondering Why1 wrote:
<quoted text> Isn't it funny how the names change but the postings stay the same?
It sure is. But you know the saying s.o.s.d.d.! Hopefully he'll get caught againg and be placed in a nice place to get help for a while.
knew angel

Midlothian, IL

#74 Jul 24, 2010
I knew a Hells Angel enforcer who talked about chopping fingers off , duct taping people to chairs to interogate them he was a crazy SOB Hells angels are not nice people.We dont need them in Midlo.Im sure some of you will say that theyre not all bad ,Wrong if they join the organization theyre bad.

Location hidden

#75 Jul 26, 2010
knew angel wrote:
I knew a Hells Angel enforcer who talked about chopping fingers off , duct taping people to chairs to interogate them he was a crazy SOB Hells angels are not nice people.We dont need them in Midlo.Im sure some of you will say that theyre not all bad ,Wrong if they join the organization theyre bad.
All of these types of groups are just like the street gangs, NOTHING BUT COWARDS!!!! Because they have such a low self esteem about themselves they feel the need to "belong" to something so they feel good about themselves, 99.99% of the time if they were alone and with out their "gang" they are pu$$ies who quiver like Jello, but once their "boys" show up they have ball$ that "clang" because now they're "tough" when they have you out numbered. I stand by what I said about them.
Go Blue

Lake Worth, FL

#76 Jul 26, 2010
Thats correct, i learned from dealing with them, that they are only brave in numbers.....maybe that's why they join up.....

Location hidden

#77 Jul 27, 2010
Go Blue wrote:
Thats correct, i learned from dealing with them, that they are only brave in numbers.....maybe that's why they join up.....
It's the same concept as the street gangs, they have little or no self esteem so in order for them to feel "important" they join these gangs so they have a feeling of self worth, that's why I call them cowards because that's exactly what they are, you know the drill if it's 15-1 then they are the biggest baddest people around but even the score and they are nothing more than the quivering scum that they truly are. Stay safe out there.

“Lest We Forget”

Since: Nov 08

Midlothian, IL

#78 Aug 5, 2010
I got this story off another forum, messaged the guy and asked him if it was o.k. to post it here, he said sure....

About 300 miles into a trip from Colorado to California, on Highway 50 near Delta Utah, I had a serious Oh Sh-t Moment. I discovered that my wallet and checkbook were gone. Usually very careful about that stuff, never having lost anything before, I was complacent enough to not have an emergency stash. So here I was: about a quarter tank of gas, no cash, no cards, no sh-t.

Fortunate circumstance #1: Delta Utah, the next town, had a branch of my bank.
#2: I remembered enough numbers, answered enough questions correctly to get cash enough to buy gas to get home.
#3: I met a GS rider who offered me cash to buy gas, tho at that point I no longer needed it.
#4: After cancelling everything, restarting my trip, and returning to where I thought the lost items must be for another look, I met two cross-country bicyclists who said "hey did you loose a checkbook?", as they waved my checkbook in the air. Still no wallet tho...
#5: In California a week later I received an e-mail from my wife saying I had gotten a package in the mail from The Hells Angels in LA California but no further return info, mailed from Gunnison Colorado. She was suspicious and hesitated to open it.

At first I couldn't imagine what the heck they could be sending me. But then I realized it must be my wallet. Sure enough. Everything was still there: cash, credit cards, even my library card and drivers license.

Thank you to the unidentified riders who took the trouble to package, apply postage, and send it back to me. I dont know if you ever visit ADV but I hope this message gets to you some how.

I try to help out people on the road when I can. Once I gave away my spare gas to a stranded rather forlorn looking mother of two children, another time I was able to fix a riders flat and use my little compressor to air him up and get him going.

What goes around comes around. Pay it forward. Thank You .

So before you typecast someone, think again.
midlo parent

Chesterfield, MO

#79 Aug 5, 2010
Just last weekend my Father's mother passed away. I had the after service luncheon at my home so there was considerable about of people, cars and just a couple of bikes. Other than my father and my uncle most of the attendees at our gathering were very conservative. None one at my home are in a club, etc.

We had a memorial wreath on our front porch for my Grandma, and a few people milling around outside.

This "club member" that I have seen riding in the neightborhood rode by slowly looking at the gathering and the couple of bikes that were parked out front.

A couple of minutes later he came back around, pulled up to my father's bike that my father happened to be standing by, and offered his sympathy as he saw the memorial wreath on our front porch. Now he didn't know us from anyone....

Not all are bad, not all are good. Don't judge a book by it's cover. I've learned unfortunately that some "normal" people can do VERY bad things. It's only good common sense to be wary of anyone regardless of what they ride, drive, how they look, or where they live.

Location hidden

#80 Aug 5, 2010
midlo parent wrote:
Just last weekend my Father's mother passed away. I had the after service luncheon at my home so there was considerable about of people, cars and just a couple of bikes. Other than my father and my uncle most of the attendees at our gathering were very conservative. None one at my home are in a club, etc.
We had a memorial wreath on our front porch for my Grandma, and a few people milling around outside.
This "club member" that I have seen riding in the neightborhood rode by slowly looking at the gathering and the couple of bikes that were parked out front.
A couple of minutes later he came back around, pulled up to my father's bike that my father happened to be standing by, and offered his sympathy as he saw the memorial wreath on our front porch. Now he didn't know us from anyone....
Not all are bad, not all are good. Don't judge a book by it's cover. I've learned unfortunately that some "normal" people can do VERY bad things. It's only good common sense to be wary of anyone regardless of what they ride, drive, how they look, or where they live.
Sorry to hear about your grandmother and thank you for your story. I for one agree with your summary at the end.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Midlothian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Resolution signed 4/27/16 7 hr steve 21
Gary was named mayor pro'tem 12 hr huh 5
So what happenened to Ricky Rockets? (Jun '15) Wed Time to replace T... 14
Who is Midlothians Jack Hille? (Oct '14) Apr 28 Missed this one 82
like shooting fish in a barrel Apr 27 trumbull 10
Moderator! Apr 25 LMAO 1
next election Apr 24 New Blood for Midlo 25
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Midlothian Mortgages