First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#1 Jun 24, 2010
Anyone know what happened there? About 5:45 about 15-20 cops all with guns drawn all over Cicero. Drove by to get something to eat and I saw a couple of guys come running out and across the street to the Crestwood Police station, on way home it was chaos.
no subject

Oak Lawn, IL

#2 Jun 24, 2010
Midlo Dog Walker wrote:
Anyone know what happened there? About 5:45 about 15-20 cops all with guns drawn all over Cicero. Drove by to get something to eat and I saw a couple of guys come running out and across the street to the Crestwood Police station, on way home it was chaos.
I heard it was a hostage situation? Not exactly sure though.
Kolmar Resident

Midlothian, IL

#3 Jun 24, 2010
There is a hostage standoff. My friend lives right off Cicero and was trying to leave her house and they made her drive waaay around the scene. Someone has a gun, but no one knows why yet.

Since: Jun 10

Midlothian

#4 Jun 24, 2010
I am not positive, but my son heard that it was a lover's quarrel and the male was holding his girlfriend at gun point. But, again, this is purely from gossip at this point. I was trying to find more out myself. :)

Since: Apr 09

Midlothian,Il

#5 Jun 24, 2010
Midlo Dog Walker wrote:
According to the SouthtownStar, an armed man is there in a Hostage standoff. I just read that a few minutes ago.
MY2CENTS

Thornton, IL

#6 Jun 24, 2010
At Whitecastle they were saying that someone had grenades.
carmil123

Midlothian, IL

#7 Jun 24, 2010
http://www.southtownstar.com/news/2430622,062...
The whole story as reported by Southtown...I especially loved the part at the end "At one point, employees of Nonnaís Pizza, 13636 S. Cicero Ave., were walking the area, offering the crowd of spectators free slices of pizza."
HAHA!! I am sorry, I'm just not sure a hostage stuation is the best time for advertising your pizza!! LOL
crestwood res

Midlothian, IL

#8 Jun 24, 2010
does anyone know if delta sonic was involved? I heard there was a second person too. Does anyone have any real informatin?
Palos Heights

Midlothian, IL

#9 Jun 24, 2010
It was a crestwood guy who went in with a gun, ordered everybody to get out and i think he had one hostage for a while but then let him/her go soon. He fired shots at police equipment(not cops) and then fired shots inside the building and all the cops thought he killed himself but didnt go in. after about 4 hours he surrendered. It was the one year anniversery of his dad's suicide. My friends and I were out there on cicero, and yes, the free Nonna's was amazing

5yr Midlo Resident

Midlothian, IL

#10 Jun 25, 2010
I had Nonna's last night, and I must say it was not as good as usual. It's like they put a half a green pepper on the pizza instead of chopping it up.

But as for the story at hand, that's just so sad. I know you miss your dad and mourn how and why he died, but what goes through someone's mind that makes them think it's a good idea to scare the shite out of innocent people and hold them hostage? I mean how does that honor your dead father? I will never get situations like this. I miss people that passed, but I don't go in with an uzi and scare people shiteless.
Did It Hurt

Blue Island, IL

#11 Jun 25, 2010
The situation that occurred appears to be a person mourning and has a severe mental condition like severe depression. Add alcohol or any type of depressant and the issues can heighten. I am glad to hear no one was injured by the gun discharge.
No one was injured, but whatever the personís problems, they are now much greater. Most likely the person will undergo a psych evaluation along with having felony charges pressed against the individual.
I am not condoning such actions, but it is tragic for all involved.
5yr Midlo Resident wrote:
I had Nonna's last night, and I must say it was not as good as usual. It's like they put a half a green pepper on the pizza instead of chopping it up.
But as for the story at hand, that's just so sad. I know you miss your dad and mourn how and why he died, but what goes through someone's mind that makes them think it's a good idea to scare the shite out of innocent people and hold them hostage? I mean how does that honor your dead father? I will never get situations like this. I miss people that passed, but I don't go in with an uzi and scare people shiteless.

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#12 Jun 25, 2010
There's more of these things that happen every day because of the economy than are reported, granted they usually don't blow up to a hostage stand off but they do come very close, when you have people losing their jobs in record numbers, losing their homes and families it makes some people "snap" it doesn't make it right but there sometimes a valid reason behind it. The bottom line is it ended peacefully and no one was hurt and that is alwasy a good ending.
Watching

Chicago, IL

#13 Jun 25, 2010
Free Speech 4 All wrote:
There's more of these things that happen every day because of the economy than are reported, granted they usually don't blow up to a hostage stand off but they do come very close, when you have people losing their jobs in record numbers, losing their homes and families it makes some people "snap" it doesn't make it right but there sometimes a valid reason behind it. The bottom line is it ended peacefully and no one was hurt and that is alwasy a good ending.
I get it you're a psychologist not a rent a cop ...I still think a rent a cop though.

Location hidden

#14 Jun 25, 2010
Watching wrote:
<quoted text> I get it you're a psychologist not a rent a cop ...I still think a rent a cop though.
Seriously??? This is so uncalled for! Why do people have to get so nasty on here? He's right. Leave him alone. Who cares what he does for a living???

Midlothian,Il

#15 Jun 25, 2010
JenTwinkies wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously??? This is so uncalled for! Why do people have to get so nasty on here? He's right. Leave him alone. Who cares what he does for a living???
Jen, this goes on all the time. Let it roll off your back and ignore them. Trust me, we've all been called names when someone disagrees with us at one point or another. You'll notice we all have our good points and our bad points. In the end, We all end up at the Summer Lounge for a drink:)

Location hidden

#16 Jun 25, 2010
Lol. That's the only topic I like! It just sucks to come on here to read about what's going on around town and to have to read this crap, ya know? Frustrating that people can't act like adults. Thanks WW1!
Observing

Midlothian, IL

#17 Jun 25, 2010
JenTwinkies wrote:
<quoted text>
He's the biggest jerk on here, get to know him before you defend him newbie.

Midlothian,Il

#18 Jun 25, 2010
Observing wrote:
<quoted text> He's the biggest jerk on here, get to know him before you defend him newbie.
Why thank you so much for the compliment.
Observing

Midlothian, IL

#19 Jun 25, 2010
You're just Frees lapdog. He's the jerk.
Jesus Mary Joseph

Palos Hills, IL

#20 Jun 25, 2010
Many of us had a Parent or loved one pass on. I make their favorite food, or cake and think of them. This guy was a nut case. And when he gets to St. Peters gates.. and joins his Dad, will he be Happy? No. He might go to the other gate.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Midlothian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gay bar 4 hr Eddie and Jolly 4
Midlothian Police (Sep '13) 5 hr Magic Tow 65
Eddie Needs A Job In November 5 hr Bo Didley 7
Fire Alarm Procedure 7 hr Yo Mama 13
Fire Chief to retire 11/30/17 (Oct '17) 8 hr Bevus 21
Blue Island Police need hires? 10 hr Yo Mama 10
What would YOU do? (Oct '17) 12 hr amazed at 80

Midlothian Jobs

Personal Finance

Midlothian Mortgages