Texas firm aquires Artesia-based Marbob Energy Corp.

A Midland, Texas-based oil company has acquired Marbob Energy Corp. of Artesia in a $1.65 billion deal. Read more
wow

United States

#1 Jul 23, 2010
Current argus is horrible. that was in the artesia paper 2 days ago. sucky paper. always old news.
Around

Hobbs, NM

#2 Jul 23, 2010
Dude... Grow a brain, your not empressing anyone with your show of stupidity. We KNOW this already, we don't need another low life who thinks his opinion actully means something to point that out. The defination of a retard is someone who keeps repeating the same action (in this case reporting that our paper sucks.) and expecting a different result.(Yea.. Like anything will change.) Get a life, better yet get off the PC, stop waisting my tax dollars and get a JOB!(It's one of those places where you go, do something then guess what! They pay YOU!)
Zig_Zag

Las Cruces, NM

#3 Jul 24, 2010
Around wrote:
Dude... Grow a brain, your not empressing anyone with your show of stupidity. We KNOW this already, we don't need another low life who thinks his opinion actully means something to point that out. The defination of a retard is someone who keeps repeating the same action (in this case reporting that our paper sucks.) and expecting a different result.(Yea.. Like anything will change.) Get a life, better yet get off the PC, stop waisting my tax dollars and get a JOB!(It's one of those places where you go, do something then guess what! They pay YOU!)
Before accusing someone of being stupid check your spelling STUPID.
empressing = impressing
actully = actually
defination = definition
waisting = wasting
LIPP

Thoreau, NM

#4 Jul 24, 2010
Artesia will never be the same. They pride themselves on home grown and don't except outsiders very well. This is going to be interesting. I wonder were the Grays will move maybe Ruidoso or some place else? Wow the Grays all of them will do well with all of Profits. I wonder how Johnny Sr. would feel about this. I do hope all get to keep their jobs.
SLP

Artesia, NM

#5 Jul 25, 2010
I'm proud of what Johnny and his family have built with Marbob, selling at such a huge price. Johnny and his son, Shane have been doing so well with racing, and now they will be able to concentrate on that. There are some very brilliant people working for Marbob, I'm sure if they don't stay with the new owners, they'll find gainful employment elsewhere. Marbob has changed their lives with the generous bonuses and a great place to work, so all the workers owe Johnny, his sister, and of course Johnny, Sr., who is no longer with us, and big "Thank You".
Mike

Hobbs, NM

#6 Jul 26, 2010
So they loaded up the truck and moved to Beverly, Hills that is....
big iron

Santo Domingo Pueblo, NM

#7 Jul 26, 2010
LIPP wrote:
Artesia will never be the same. They pride themselves on home grown and don't except outsiders very well. This is going to be interesting. I wonder were the Grays will move maybe Ruidoso or some place else? Wow the Grays all of them will do well with all of Profits. I wonder how Johnny Sr. would feel about this. I do hope all get to keep their jobs.
As for acceping outsiders--COG has been operating in this are for a while. Most of their local employees are from Artesia. The acquisition did come as a shock to many people,. but you cant be on top forever, thats just the way it is.
And, why does Johnny have to move? I imagine if that was his main goal, he would have done that anyway, whether he sold the business or not.
Daniel C

Midland, TX

#8 Jun 8, 2011
Zig_Zag wrote:
<quoted text>
Before accusing someone of being stupid check your spelling STUPID.
empressing = impressing
actully = actually
defination = definition
waisting = wasting
Actually, that is the definition of insanity. But thanks for trying. Play again soon ;)
Zig_Zag

Albuquerque, NM

#9 Jun 8, 2011
Daniel C wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, that is the definition of insanity. But thanks for trying. Play again soon ;)
I am not fluent in 'retardspeak'.
What are you trying to say ?

“michelle”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#10 Jun 8, 2011
i really like Johnny and Shane ,they have been very good friends to my husband and I.I wish them the best of luck!!
BIG JIM

Hobbs, NM

#11 Jun 8, 2011
Lard worken woman wrote:
i really like Johnny and Shane ,they have been very good friends to my husband and I.I wish them the best of luck!!
HAVE YOU MADE LARD SLOP FOR THEM?(LARD WORKEN WOMEN)?.
Susana Mentirosa

Artesia, NM

#12 Jun 8, 2011
Whew!

I thought our Tejana Governor was going to have to actually GO to TX for her money. She can just send a lackey down here in one of the State planes to pick that up for her now.
Friend

Carlsbad, NM

#13 Jun 8, 2011
I'm going to miss Johnny alot. Him and I used to get together at nights and play wrestle and do other things. I hope he comes out soon, he's been having a hard time keeping it secret for so long, but acts so ruff and tough. I love Johnny so much.

“michelle”

Location hidden

#14 Jun 8, 2011
BIG JIM wrote:
<quoted text>HAVE YOU MADE LARD SLOP FOR THEM?(LARD WORKEN WOMEN)?.
hey,how did you change my name?
Im a Gray

Carlsbad, NM

#15 Jun 8, 2011
My mom just told me that I'm am a Gray, It turns out that Johnny and my mom got together at a race track and I am his daughter, I am so happy for him so I will be calling him. I'm so happy

Since: Feb 09

Carlsbad, NM

#16 Jun 10, 2011
BIG JIM---little Weenie wrote:
<quoted text>HAVE YOU MADE LARD SLOP FOR THEM?(LARD WORKEN WOMEN)?.
you just wish she was...lol...

“michelle”

Location hidden

#17 Jun 10, 2011
accually,elvis has seen me...
sir bundy

Carlsbad, NM

#18 Jun 10, 2011
hard worken woman wrote:
accually,elvis has seen me...
well, how come I havent? why does ellvis get to have all the fun??
john

Carlsbad, NM

#19 Jul 17, 2012
Around wrote:
"empressing" is spelled "impressing" dipshit...next time you give someone shit, don't look like a dumbass.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Midland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tragedy Mar 24 Angel 1
prostitutes (Jul '12) Mar 23 HAHA 12
Important items lost in storage Mar 22 Anon 1
how dare she Mar 21 Zoey 2
Biker Wanted Mar 20 LonelyBkrChic 1
need a woman to spoil rotten take care of singl... (Jun '12) Mar 20 Ill call you daddy 84
Sean Smith Mar 16 Conserved Citizen 2
Midland Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Midland People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]