Clovis, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2006

Judged:

A former Teen Challenge student unmasks this abusive Christian drug and alcohol program. The site includes Shafter and Riverside pages, and an email address for feedback.

http://www.teenchallengeexposed.com
Hollie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2007

Judged:

I took my child to Midland Tx Teen Challenge.It was a MISTAKE!! They took his mouth wash and shaving cream. They told him that his past life was all a mistake and if he wanted a life he had to give all to Christ.He had to pray for 5hrs a day or he didnt get to eat and had to wear a yellow vest so he was know as a outsider and no one was allowed to talk,look speak of him he was a ghost.There was no heat,no hot water.Left over food cold cereal. It was 38 degrees outside. This place is a nightmare!!There was no Christ like atmosphere and they call it a bootcamp for Christ.When he left they called him a fool and a joke and that he would never make it in life.

“I tell the painful truth”

Since: Dec 06

Clovis, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2007

Judged:

Hollie wrote:
I took my child to Midland Tx Teen Challenge.It was a MISTAKE!! They took his mouth wash and shaving cream. They told him that his past life was all a mistake and if he wanted a life he had to give all to Christ.He had to pray for 5hrs a day or he didnt get to eat and had to wear a yellow vest so he was know as a outsider and no one was allowed to talk,look speak of him he was a ghost.There was no heat,no hot water.Left over food cold cereal. It was 38 degrees outside. This place is a nightmare!!There was no Christ like atmosphere and they call it a bootcamp for Christ.When he left they called him a fool and a joke and that he would never make it in life.
95% of their program is based on intimidation. Prayer is their "answer" to everything, including lack of sleep, food, and medicine. "Laying on of hands" is supposed to cure the person, and if that doesn't work, then it's "God's will." Everyone who is admitted to their "ministry" must sign a coercive waiver promising not to seek litigation against them until they have exhausted the "remedies" provided in Matthew 18:15-17. Seeking secular relief is seen as "spitting in the face of Jesus Christ." Both physical and verbal assaults are a daily occurence.
Unknown

Abilene, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2007

Judged:

I would like to know if the woman who wrote about how horrible it was at Teen Chanllenge was there with her child or if she just heard about the awful times through the words of a child that was sent there for substance abuse. Now, I have seen what Teen Challenge can do and it is truly the work of God. We need to ask ourselves, at what point to we start teaching our children to act like wild animals or to act like children of God?
Hollie wrote:

Clovis, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2007

Judged:

If Teen Challenge is doing the work of God, then God is a sadistic bastard that deserves to be kicked in the nuts.

Thanks for your feedback.
JAY

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2007

Judged:

Don't just take the word of your child on matters like this, check it out yourself. Children have been known to lie to their parents. You cannot pass judement until all of this becomes a true fact.If this info is correct, then this is a work of that man with a pitch fork. Don't blame GOD for this.God is love........
Anonymous

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2007

Judged:

Its amazing that a drug program with over a 90% success rate is getting so much criticism..if a secular organization ahcieved this high a success you guys would not be saying anything...ur only problem is that they incorporate God and religion..well this is drugs we are talking about here and the desire to see someone kick that terrible habit should far overshadow the method. Focus on the end not the mean to the end

Clovis, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2007

Judged:

Anonymous wrote:
Its amazing that a drug program with over a 90% success rate is getting so much criticism..if a secular organization ahcieved this high a success you guys would not be saying anything...ur only problem is that they incorporate God and religion..well this is drugs we are talking about here and the desire to see someone kick that terrible habit should far overshadow the method. Focus on the end not the mean to the end
It doesn't have a 90% success rate; the numbers are fudged and as phony as a six-dollar bill.

If the "means to the end" violate even one person's civil rights, they are illegal and must be disposed of. They must follow secular laws (Jesus told everyone to) or they will be hit with a large monetary judgment.
Barrabus

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2007

Judged:

Nothing will work if you don't want it to... I graduated Teen Challenge in 1979 and started drinking and smoking weed as soon as I got out... I haven't stuck a needle in my arm since 1977 though... I did cheat while in T.C.... they feed you a low protien high starch diet to weaken you physically and mentally... I worked on the dairy farm and had access to raw fresh milk which they had in abundance they only gave the students powdered milk though...??? I also had access to fresh meat... I knew the butcher who butchered the injured cows , calves, and the dear that the game warden brought... we ate plenty of backstrap... I never got caught masturbating... that's none of their business anyway... I still masturbate occasionally and it's still none of their business... yours either... I have been completely sober now for four years because of AA who allows me to believe in God the way God reveals Himself to me... instead of the way they say I should... or else... There are a lot of sincere God loving people there also... it's not all bad... I have had a lot of trouble getting over the resentments that I formed against organized religion during my stay there... I worked behind the business office in the computer department and the walls were very thin... I heard a lot of verbal and mental abuse and saw a lot of physical abuse... I saw a lot of money generated... but... if we focus on any man he will always let us down... and you know what they say about the love of money... but I did learn a lot and as much as I hated being there it sure beat prison by a long shot...
Former Student

Lubbock, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2008

Judged:

Michael Kincheloe wrote:
A former Teen Challenge student unmasks this abusive Christian drug and alcohol program. The site includes Shafter and Riverside pages, and an email address for feedback.
http://www.teenchallengeexposed.com
This is coming from a graduate of the program it was no piece of cake but it works I have been sober and clean for over 4 years so dont listen to this non sense

Clovis, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2008

M Johnson Dev Dir MnTC

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2008

Judged:

I can not speak for the Teen Challenge in Midland...but I can speak for the Teen Challenge in Duluth Minnesota. We are a 44 bed facility and we are full. There is a waiting list of over 100.
As of today our rate for those that return to drugs and alcohol after graduating our program is between 70%-78%. We serve three meals a day and the menu is a very balanced diet and the majority of the men put on 20-30lbs during their stay here.
Ask any graduate, donor, or staff the power for "real change" comes only from Jesus Christ.
MNTC

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2008

Judged:

I volunteer at a Teen Challenge in MN and I think it's amazing. The staff are playful and fun with girls, and will discipline if necessary, but thus far I have seen none. I just talked to a girl today who said she has come to love it... God is definitely moving in The MNTC
Chuck Bastrop LA

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2008

Judged:

I've never had a drinking or drug problem (thank God!)and have never been to a Teen Challenge facility. All I can judge by are results and I have seen the results which I think are great. I've attended 'gradduation ceremony' from the Midland, TX TC and heard the testamony of graduates. I am impressed. Of course it isn't easy, most things in life aren't. You aren't forced to stay if you can't "hack it", but if you do stay and gradduate the sacrifice is worth it. Their results far overshadow any other program that I have heard of. Of course AA does a good job for those that fit but TC is a great program for those that have a real problem and WANT to beat it.
Tom

Round Rock, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2008

Judged:

Michael Kincheloe wrote:
If Teen Challenge is doing the work of God, then God is a sadistic bastard that deserves to be kicked in the nuts.
Thanks for your feedback.
I can see from this why you are against Teen Challenge. This is typical response from someone that does not believe in God and the salvation of Jesus. Believe it or not, this is a recommendation for Teen Challenge. Thanks.
AllysonH

Henderson, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2008

Judged:

Hollie wrote:
This is very outrageous. My 45 year old mother, who is very outspoken, is at the Midland Teen Challenge right now. She is very stubborn and outspoken, and would not stay at a place that they were treating her like this, she says this is the best thing that has ever happened to her, and is glad that me and my sister found this place for her. Yes, they do have rules, and No, if you dont pass your tests you cannot have the extra snacks and treats and things, but that is an earned privilege, this sounds like a spoiled child wanting to give his or her parents a guilt trip. We have tried EVERYTHING for my mom in the past, and this is the only thing that has really opened her eyes to the way that she was. I thank God that these people exist and are helping everyone, not just Teens.

“Where are all the sane people?”

Since: Nov 08

Breckenridge,Texas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2008

Judged:

to hear some of you people on here bashing teen chaalenge is absolutely appalling to me. Teen Challenge has been a wonderful program since it started. Of course if you are not a believer or do not wish to change it will not work for you. I am sorry if a few people have had bad experiences, but I believe this is ans excellent ministry and out church sponsers them. I have personally met the director and many of the people in the program. here in odessa we have even had their catering services and wow! was it wonderfully good. I have heard many testimonies from many people and on here are the first ones I have heard that are bad. To each their own as far as the opinions, but as for me , you will never hear a bad word come from my mouth.

Clovis, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2008

Judged:

FED UP IN ODESSA wrote:
to hear some of you people on here bashing teen chaalenge is absolutely appalling to me. Teen Challenge has been a wonderful program since it started. Of course if you are not a believer or do not wish to change it will not work for you. I am sorry if a few people have had bad experiences, but I believe this is ans excellent ministry and out church sponsers them. I have personally met the director and many of the people in the program. here in odessa we have even had their catering services and wow! was it wonderfully good. I have heard many testimonies from many people and on here are the first ones I have heard that are bad. To each their own as far as the opinions, but as for me , you will never hear a bad word come from my mouth.
A few people had bad experiences? Try a few thousand.

The Minnesota Teen Challenge lost $5.7 million in an investment scam. Where did a non-profit "ministry" get $5.7 million, and why were they investing it instead of putting it back into the "ministry"?

It's just one more example of the lying, swindling cash cow that hides behind the name of Teen Challenge.

“Where are all the sane people?”

Since: Nov 08

Breckenridge,Texas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2008

Judged:

It is really sad that any people would get into the teen challenge ministry just to scandel money and all these bad stories i am hearing is giving Teen Challenge a bad name. But not all branches of the system are corrupt.

Clovis, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2008

Judged:

Here's an email from a mother that I received today:

Dear Michael,

Thank you for your website, It may have saved my son more mental trauma. He was discharged from the program this morning. He decided that it was a brainwashing cult and there is no sobriety for him in that place.

He just got there on Thursday. They a least dumped him off at the airport (with no money) and I am not getting my money back and I hope they choke on it.

I am going to give his public defender this web address. He prefers jail to that place.

Thanks again for putting this information out there. I will do all I can from here to make sure no else from this county at least is "EVER" sent to that so called rehab center.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of90
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Midland Forum right now

Search the Midland Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 3 hr Pale wild wood flower 20,361
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 3 hr How far 16,032
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 4 hr Voter 456
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 12 hr why 633
TX Who do you support for Railroad Commissioner in... (Oct '10) 18 hr Hey 678
lookn for horny women that are looking for 1 ni... (Dec '11) 21 hr Edreaed 196
Review: Rio Grande Pollos Asados Wed Michel B 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Midland Jobs

•••
•••