Same Old Thing for Dinner

Posted in the Middleville Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
UpstateWizard

United States

#1 Mar 29, 2013
Recently I overheard a family discussing thier dinner for that evening. After they "paid" with thier "benefits" cards, then paid cash for enough beer to put down a frat house, I heard the following: "whats for dinner?" answer: "Same old thing " followed by " Lets just get McD instead". They then drove out of Hannafords parking lot in a newer car than mine. Wonderful. Only in America can the "poor" eat so well that they get tired of the "same old thing". In most parts of the world people would beat you bloody to get the "same old thing" on a regular basis. Free food, free housing,fee phones,cable, utilities, insurance, etc... yep the "Same Old Thing"....crap.
Africoon

Little Falls, NY

#2 Mar 29, 2013
Thank Obama!
Modern Slavery

Little Falls, NY

#3 Mar 29, 2013
Slaves were dependent on their masters for food.
Slaves were dependent on their masters for shelter.
Slaves were dependent on their masters for medical care.

Welcome to the new age of slavery. Only this time around, the government is the master and most of those who are enslaved are too stupid to realize their situation.
Africoon

Little Falls, NY

#4 Mar 29, 2013
Modern Slavery wrote:
Slaves were dependent on their masters for food.
Slaves were dependent on their masters for shelter.
Slaves were dependent on their masters for medical care.
Welcome to the new age of slavery. Only this time around, the government is the master and most of those who are enslaved are too stupid to realize their situation.
Most of those enslaved dont mind!
dunno

Albany, NY

#5 Mar 29, 2013
i don't know. where is the pride in being a leech off the system?

those people must eat and drink themselves happy. what terrible lives.
Average Dumb Schmuck

Utica, NY

#6 Mar 29, 2013
Well, when we passed NAFTA and gave China MFN trade status, and shut down all the factories in America and sent them to Mexico and China in order that we might buy stuff for a few pennies less, what did we expect to happen? Did we really think that all the factory workers, and their families, were going to get college degrees and become lawyers, doctors, and engineers? And when we continue to fight, year after year, against raising the minimum wage to a livable standard, what do we expect to happen as a result?

“Take Action !!!”

Since: Jan 08

Indian Trail, NC

#7 Mar 29, 2013
I hear the original story a bit differently...
what I hear them saying is...
"rather than having Rice & Beans AGAIN... ugh!
let's splurge and have a few things off the valu-menu."

I wouldn't view it as poor people mis-using the system.

As to the beer... is it illegal for them to drink?
And... they are buying it in the economical form?
[you'd rather they bought singles at Stewarts?]

As to the vehicle... it depends on the age of your vehicle.
K Marx

Herkimer, NY

#8 Mar 29, 2013
Funny ,sounds like KKK ,yes ?...Hate poor , hate stupid , hate black , hate other religions god and maybe hate immigrant like me ? Your business to live life of yours is. Is business for other peoples to do what they think is good life."Mind own business." Benjamin Franklin say that. I learn at citizenship school.Happy comes from inside of person . Look there.
UpstateWizard

United States

#9 Mar 29, 2013
UTLT wrote:
I hear the original story a bit differently...
what I hear them saying is...
"rather than having Rice & Beans AGAIN... ugh!
let's splurge and have a few things off the valu-menu."
I wouldn't view it as poor people mis-using the system.
As to the beer... is it illegal for them to drink?
And... they are buying it in the economical form?
[you'd rather they bought singles at Stewarts?]
As to the vehicle... it depends on the age of your vehicle.
This happened thurday evening. No one in that group was missing any meals. No one in that group would be able to pass a basic junior high school pt test. But like in that silly movie Idiocracy, they will outbreed the producers and will be ill prepared to fend, actually fend for themselves...crap.

“Take Action !!!”

Since: Jan 08

Indian Trail, NC

#10 Mar 29, 2013
So...
In a larger question...
If you could write the rules for poor people...

You'd want to define what they could eat?
Where they could eat?
What they were allowed to drink or not?
And in what size package they bought it?
What age car they should be allowed?
How much they weigh?
Their reproduction habits?

Is there any more control you'd need?
PAFR

Herkimer, NY

#11 Mar 29, 2013
UTLT good point. I don't know if you remember the thread that surfaced a few months ago with some f*ck wad listing every single item of what they should be able to buy on FS. Also a list of what they should do on their day to day schedule. If you didn't you missed a good read. This idiot was so angry and malicious. I find that most of the people that talk like that on here like our good friend "Upstate Wizard" they are so angry at them because of their own insecurities. If you don't have assistance good for you for having a great job! But you will find more and more people are going to be on assistance due to the economy and loss of jobs etc. I hope they get even angrier real fast because there will be alot of people on the other side of that guy. He should get his ass beat along with all the other nazi's!
Deep Thoughts

Little Falls, NY

#12 Mar 29, 2013
Africoon wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of those enslaved dont mind!
Most welfare recipients are white you idiot. Who knows, maybe some are your kids. Do you know all you kids? Masybe there's a "straggler" here and there from your Navy days eh?
Deep Thoughts

Little Falls, NY

#13 Mar 29, 2013
UpstateWizard wrote:
<quoted text> snip/ they will outbreed the producers and will be ill prepared to fend, actually fend for themselves...crap.
And abortions are free but vasectomies still cost $3000 but they only take 15 minutes and are so simple a good boy scout could do one. That's $12,000/hr.
Go figure
UpstateWizard

United States

#14 Mar 29, 2013
PAFR wrote:
UTLT good point. I don't know if you remember the thread that surfaced a few months ago with some f*ck wad listing every single item of what they should be able to buy on FS. Also a list of what they should do on their day to day schedule. If you didn't you missed a good read. This idiot was so angry and malicious. I find that most of the people that talk like that on here like our good friend "Upstate Wizard" they are so angry at them because of their own insecurities. If you don't have assistance good for you for having a great job! But you will find more and more people are going to be on assistance due to the economy and loss of jobs etc. I hope they get even angrier real fast because there will be alot of people on the other side of that guy. He should get his ass beat along with all the other nazi's!
Woo Hoo, did I hit a nerve? I do forget that most people on this site are not of an age that remembers when assistance was just that, and temporary to boot. Now its womb to the tomb and what will you do when the tax users outmatch in numbers the tax payers? Where will the money come from that will support your free life style? I do hope that if a crash comes, and it will, it has before, you have at least some of the Same old thing to eat when your benefit card is empty.. forever.

“Take Action !!!”

Since: Jan 08

Indian Trail, NC

#15 Mar 29, 2013
This isn't about Womb to Tomb...
It is about how much control you feel the state should exert on those that get help.

Speak to the specifics of what you have already suggested.

Do you really want the state to have that much control.
UpstateWizard

United States

#16 Mar 29, 2013
UTLT wrote:
This isn't about Womb to Tomb...
It is about how much control you feel the state should exert on those that get help.
Speak to the specifics of what you have already suggested.
Do you really want the state to have that much control.
Sorry UTLT but this thread was started to show a contrast from American poor to the rest of the worlds poor. Not only do our poor have access to a high quality of life on the dole, if that suites them but now after several generations of such, most do not nor do they care that the money benefits they enjoy are taken from others. so again... crap
PAFR

Herkimer, NY

#17 Mar 29, 2013
You can't hit a nerve if I do not know you, or if I do not value you or your opinions correct? You are a tool who sits on the computer all day. You probably go on the computer and the first site you check is topix. This is probably the most socializing you do all week. But hey as long as you think you are relevant then keep on a coming!
UpstateWizard

United States

#18 Mar 29, 2013
PAFR wrote:
You can't hit a nerve if I do not know you, or if I do not value you or your opinions correct? You are a tool who sits on the computer all day. You probably go on the computer and the first site you check is topix. This is probably the most socializing you do all week. But hey as long as you think you are relevant then keep on a coming!
Woo Hoo ! Hit it again!

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#19 Mar 29, 2013
UpstateWizard wrote:
Recently I overheard a family discussing thier dinner for that evening. After they "paid" with thier "benefits" cards, then paid cash for enough beer to put down a frat house, I heard the following: "whats for dinner?" answer: "Same old thing " followed by " Lets just get McD instead". They then drove out of Hannafords parking lot in a newer car than mine. Wonderful. Only in America can the "poor" eat so well that they get tired of the "same old thing". In most parts of the world people would beat you bloody to get the "same old thing" on a regular basis. Free food, free housing,fee phones,cable, utilities, insurance, etc... yep the "Same Old Thing"....crap.
Survival of the fittest is the only way! Let some of the Scum Bags rot away! I'm sick of the welfare F's in this country.

“Take Action !!!”

Since: Jan 08

Indian Trail, NC

#20 Mar 29, 2013
Oh...
It is a comparison of USA poor... to Ethiopia.
So sorry I didn't get that.

Control away!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Middleville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bullying Utica judge censured for calling lawye... 8 min CNY Law Excrement 51
Abel: Drunk DWI UPD cop promoted! 13 min CNY Law Excrement 16
New Hartford's Quiet Teenage Heroin Problem 13 min wow 7
Reasons CNY Police Lost Public's Trust. Utica w... 24 min Wash rinse repeat 0
lava spa 26 min lava spa 4
TONIGHT, 6:15 PM: City Council to vote on tax cap 36 min just saying 2
Fish DInner at Price Chopper 37 min just saying 25
Middleville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Middleville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:05 pm PST