commuter

Newington, CT

#1 Feb 19, 2013
what is wrong with state dot? all the trucks still in long island? looks like they are intentionally trying to frig up traffic during rush hour. lets get contractors to plow, enough already.
Well Well Well

Utica, NY

#2 Feb 19, 2013
You people do not know what "rush hour" or "heavy traffic" is.

Try going downstate. Try the Thruway beginning in Rockland County going south in the morning or beginning in White Plains coming north in the afternoon. Try the Taconic Parkway same times.
Try Interstate 684 same times.

Then you'll realize that under any conditions you have it easy here.

The only problem you have driving up here is that most people don't know how to drive and certainly most don't follow the rules of the road.
utica tax payer

Bedford, MA

#3 Feb 19, 2013
Well said well well well. 100 percent correct
commuter

Newington, CT

#4 Feb 19, 2013
Well Well Well wrote:
Try going downstate. Try the Thruway beginning in Rockland County going south in the morning or beginning in White Plains coming north in the afternoon. Try the Taconic Parkway same times.
The only problem you have driving up here is that most people don't know how to drive and certainly most don't follow the rules of the road.
I didn't say i got in an accident and i blame the state, just want to know why they can't do the job we pay for.
How people drive, or follow rules had no bearing on dot's inability to get job done, again.....
Well Well Well

Utica, NY

#5 Feb 19, 2013
commuter wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say i got in an accident and i blame the state, just want to know why they can't do the job we pay for.
How people drive, or follow rules had no bearing on dot's inability to get job done, again.....
Where did I say you got into an accident? Your complaint was also about "rush hour" which prompted my response. And people's driving skills, or lack of the same, has a big bearing on your "rush hour" complaint.

BTW, they are doing their job .... downstate.
some

Ithaca, NY

#6 Feb 19, 2013
Well Well Well wrote:
<quoted text>Where did I say you got into an accident? Your complaint was also about "rush hour" which prompted my response. And people's driving skills, or lack of the same, has a big bearing on your "rush hour" complaint.

BTW, they are doing their job .... downstate.
The complaint is that rt 49, especially in the Marcy area starting getting covered around 1 and they still hadn't done a thing to those roads by 5:30, around when I was through there. I took the OP's topic to be about that observation. Knowing there's going to be more traffic at a given time, which by our rush hour standards isn't that much, still requires at least basic attention to road conditions. Having said all that, it really wasn't that bad-just a little slushy.
some

Ithaca, NY

#7 Feb 19, 2013
Well Well Well wrote:

Some of us DO know what real rush hour is like and prefer to be here. If you love downstate traffic so much, go back to that cesspool.
commuter

Newington, CT

#8 Feb 19, 2013
Well Well Well wrote:
I love these troll halfwits....

How about I95, Cross Bronx Expy, Throgs Neck Bridge, The Deegan, Hudson Pkwy, Broadway, W 34th, etc....?

Your point is that downstate has more traffic? I'm confused who you were arguing with. Did my complaint about DOT doing a poor job on Rt 49 somehow offend your sense of self worth for navigating the planets busiest roadways? Get the f'goutahere. You probably take the train outta Poughkeepsie anyway.

"well well well" what a pompous ass, stay the frig out of the passing lane too ya doushe.
EYES OPEN

Lowville, NY

#9 Feb 19, 2013
Screw the downstate comparison. Cuomo wants to get his budget passed, so the DOT is cutting back on plowing so that they will be able to say " geez we don't have any money for OT or salt... better get the budget passed.... der der der... just ignore the extra 36 million dollars of extra money for the unconstitutional bullshit NYSAFE Act....just pass the budget... then we can plow for you again.... der der der"

Cuck Fuomo!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Middleville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Biggest women beaters in Utica ny (Apr '13) 2 min Longdikkdaddy 4
RIP Ya Boy H Henry Martinez 5 min Gordo 7
br news AFRICA GETS 20 WEGMANS LMFAO 6 min JOWLMART 8
10-Month-Old Shot Dead in Dad's Arms GUESS WHO 7 min NYLON FAILED 31
kmart closing herk. 10 min Bargain Shopper 20
Drug Dealer found in UTICA 11 min Fact 8
Maurice Piersma is a very sick man. (Dec '16) 14 min She is a bitch 15

Middleville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance