Who Has The Best Sauce In Utica?
bobby flay

Utica, NY

#42 Feb 9, 2013
losers wrote:
You morons up here who think you know a good sauce aka gravy, you are kidding yourselves. If you don't saute a pork butt till brown and cook your gravy for at last 5 hours, you don't know sauce. Only place up here is The Savoy in Rome who recently went back to cooking their Gravy with Pork Butts like they did years ago. They also have a seperate Marinara sauce too. That's the way Italian restaurants work with "2" sauces.
you my son are a moron
bobby flay

Utica, NY

#43 Feb 9, 2013
losers wrote:
<quoted text>
You have absolutely NO clue how to cook. The pork should fall off the bone when the sauce (GRAVY) is done. Good sauce cooks for 5 hours. You add the spices the last 45 minutes. Dark red clay,lol. You are assinine.
wrong wrong wrong 5 hrs?
hey loser

Carthage, NY

#44 Feb 9, 2013
losers wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you kidding 100% Italian, parents from Palermo and Sicily you moron. My mother had gravy on the stove every Sunday for family dinner and it cooked for 5 hours every time. BEST sauce I've ever had. You idiots in utica who think they are or are just wannabes have no idea how to cook a good gravy. You idiots would think ketchup on pasta is good. Carry on losers. Utica has chicken riggie and greens and meatball contests,lol, be for real UTICA. How about a good contest? Try a Gravy or sauce as you clowns call it contest?
your grandmother wasn't a 'cook' she was 'trial and error' and if she cooked (burned) her sauce for 5 hours, wow, you sicilians & palermians are all NUTS, because YOU people don't know how to cook...and it IS NOT gravy... It is SAUCE
losers

Utica, NY

#45 Feb 9, 2013
bobby flay wrote:
<quoted text> you my son are a moron
All you moronic ooticans think you know a good gravy. You know nothing, stick to your greens, meatballs and Riggie contests,lol. Enjoy all your phony Italian restaurants in your home town.
amazed

United States

#46 Feb 9, 2013
losers wrote:
All restaurants in Utica, their sauce as you call it sucks. A true Italian restaurant has BOTH a "Marinara Sauce", and a "GRAVY" for spaghetti which is cooked wih PORK for hours.
anyone who calls sauce gravy dosen't know what there talking about

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#47 Feb 9, 2013
eff italian food every dish is the same shit..

cheese

bread/pasta

red sauce

meat

OVVER AND OVERR AGAIN..
The truth

Albany, NY

#48 Feb 9, 2013
My mom has the best sauce in utica.
medigan

Carthage, NY

#49 Feb 9, 2013
KBLR1871988 wrote:
eff italian food every dish is the same shit..
cheese
bread/pasta
red sauce
meat
OVVER AND OVERR AGAIN..
You don't KNOW Italian food because you are a mayonnaise faced medigon! mayo, meat, potatoes ...over and over and over and over,...got the picture??

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#50 Feb 9, 2013
LOVE MEAT N POTATOES GREASY SLOPPY BTCH-GUINEY
QUIDO HAIRY SMELLY CHEAP GAWDY AS SHT EYE TALIAN.

oh and if u dont like mayo you can giitt..

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#51 Feb 9, 2013
jussst kiddingg :-D
The truth

Albany, NY

#52 Feb 9, 2013
The truth wrote:
My mom has the best sauce in utica.
She also makes the best meatballs too. &#128512;
maybe

Carthage, NY

#53 Feb 9, 2013
losers wrote:
<quoted text>
OK moron, I guess you are a wannabe too. IT is called gravy, not sauce. Marinara is called sauce and gravy is what it's called for the pasta. 2 totally different things. Central New York is years behind the times, maybe thats why MOST people up here are illiterate and think there restaurant is true Italian, total morons. The meatballs up here that wins contests, I tasted and down in Westchester or NYC the winners meatballs in Utica would be used for dog food!
what you call 'gravy' for saue is actually 'DIARRHEA" because it certainly not RED SAUCE. you see, gravy is BROWN, like diarrhea? still confused??? SEE A SHRINK!
Spud lover

Clark Mills, NY

#54 Feb 9, 2013
Not enough milk!
losers

Utica, NY

#55 Feb 9, 2013
maybe wrote:
<quoted text>what you call 'gravy' for saue is actually 'DIARRHEA" because it certainly not RED SAUCE. you see, gravy is BROWN, like diarrhea? still confused??? SEE A SHRINK!
You have to be the stupidest mother------ on topix. Gravy is brown,lol. Yeah ok Turkey gravy is brown,lol. All true Italians will know what GRAVY is. You arses here in Utica only know SAUCE,lol. Look it up you retard!
loser from rome is right

Carthage, NY

#56 Feb 9, 2013
You friggin pea pickin,cow pushin,white trash,farmer bastards Know nothing about any food,let alone Italian food. The only food you know about is what your mother feeds you upstate backward behind the times idiots,Dog food. Wow chicken riggies. See what I mean you people butcher even the easiest names of things,Riggies. Am I right my friend who calls himself Loser from Rome? Is it riggies or rigatoni. These people call ravioli,raviolis. Theres no s at the end. I could go on and on you people butcher everything because you are inbread who want to make believe your Italian. You say I am Calabrese,or I am Barese,or I am Sicilian,Your a friggin Idiotr thats waht you are. A fat tub a shit loser bastard whos from upstate ny whose best girlfriend is your sister that likes to put ketchup and cheese from a plastic kraft container on his FRiggin NOODLES.And who is the moron that said gravy is brown? What was he looking at his boyfriends tighty whities? That is the reason why everybody from downstate makes fun of you demented 25 years behind the times idiots from Utica. Have you ever heard these clowns mention "oh yah I grew up in the projects,Oh yeah Im from the projects. I asked once where these projects were,A relative of mine showed me a housing building. It had 3 floors. I laughed my friggin ass off. 3 friggin floors. And you want people to take you serious? Come to some of the neighborhoods downstate asswipes.# friggin floors. And you want to talk about good food? Hey my friend loser from Rome. Stay far away from these freaks from utica and upstate.
Wow

Fayetteville, NY

#57 Feb 9, 2013
loser from rome is right wrote:
You friggin pea pickin,cow pushin,white trash,farmer bastards Know nothing about any food,let alone Italian food. The only food you know about is what your mother feeds you upstate backward behind the times idiots,Dog food. Wow chicken riggies. See what I mean you people butcher even the easiest names of things,Riggies. Am I right my friend who calls himself Loser from Rome? Is it riggies or rigatoni. These people call ravioli,raviolis. Theres no s at the end. I could go on and on you people butcher everything because you are inbread who want to make believe your Italian. You say I am Calabrese,or I am Barese,or I am Sicilian,Your a friggin Idiotr thats waht you are. A fat tub a shit loser bastard whos from upstate ny whose best girlfriend is your sister that likes to put ketchup and cheese from a plastic kraft container on his FRiggin NOODLES.And who is the moron that said gravy is brown? What was he looking at his boyfriends tighty whities? That is the reason why everybody from downstate makes fun of you demented 25 years behind the times idiots from Utica. Have you ever heard these clowns mention "oh yah I grew up in the projects,Oh yeah Im from the projects. I asked once where these projects were,A relative of mine showed me a housing building. It had 3 floors. I laughed my friggin ass off. 3 friggin floors. And you want people to take you serious? Come to some of the neighborhoods downstate asswipes.# friggin floors. And you want to talk about good food? Hey my friend loser from Rome. Stay far away from these freaks from utica and upstate.
Thanks for proving the welfare inbreed losers of the NE, try hooked on phonics little girl, then tell daddy to stop mating with sis so no more of you come out.
losers

Utica, NY

#58 Feb 10, 2013
loser from rome is right wrote:
You friggin pea pickin,cow pushin,white trash,farmer bastards Know nothing about any food,let alone Italian food. The only food you know about is what your mother feeds you upstate backward behind the times idiots,Dog food. Wow chicken riggies. See what I mean you people butcher even the easiest names of things,Riggies. Am I right my friend who calls himself Loser from Rome? Is it riggies or rigatoni. These people call ravioli,raviolis. Theres no s at the end. I could go on and on you people butcher everything because you are inbread who want to make believe your Italian. You say I am Calabrese,or I am Barese,or I am Sicilian,Your a friggin Idiotr thats waht you are. A fat tub a shit loser bastard whos from upstate ny whose best girlfriend is your sister that likes to put ketchup and cheese from a plastic kraft container on his FRiggin NOODLES.And who is the moron that said gravy is brown? What was he looking at his boyfriends tighty whities? That is the reason why everybody from downstate makes fun of you demented 25 years behind the times idiots from Utica. Have you ever heard these clowns mention "oh yah I grew up in the projects,Oh yeah Im from the projects. I asked once where these projects were,A relative of mine showed me a housing building. It had 3 floors. I laughed my friggin ass off. 3 friggin floors. And you want people to take you serious? Come to some of the neighborhoods downstate asswipes.# friggin floors. And you want to talk about good food? Hey my friend loser from Rome. Stay far away from these freaks from utica and upstate.
You are absolutely 1000% correct. These idiots up here think Chicken Riggies is a popular dish. Let them order it in NYC or area surrounding and see what happens,lol. They'll probably be asked to leave or at the best the waiter or waitress will at the time of the inbreeds ordering expect NOTHING for a tip,lol, being from upstate. It's Rigatoni, not Riggies you asswipes. Boil escarole and add prosciutto, garlic, hot peppers, chicken stock, grated cheese and bread crumbs and have a contest for it,lol. What a joke Uticans are. How hard is it to screw up that dish. Go to a PURE Italian Restaurant and ask for sauce,lol. They'll look at you like you have 2 heads and will be asked, would you like Marinara or GRAVY! Yeah I know raviolis up here,lol, store bought too,lol. AGAIN asswipes from Central New York, MAKE YOUR OWN RAVIOLI. Just don't put any of your 2 hour sauce on it and ruin it,lol. 3 floor house called the projects,lol. Grew up on Madison Street in Manhattan in the PROJECTS. Funny I grew up in a building that had 20 floors and 80 apartments and there were 3 buildings identical side by side. That's the projects you ooticans,lol, not a 3 family house. You ooticans want to see a festival come down to The San Gennaro Feast" in September where we feast for a week, not your one day extravaganza you call a feast,lol.
no mo

Enfield, CT

#59 Feb 10, 2013
Your feast is now run by pakistanis and chinks. Not like it was 30 years ago when the italians had A handle on it. Go to arthur ave in the bronx, the new little italy.
thanks

Fayetteville, NY

#60 Feb 10, 2013
losers wrote:
<quoted text>
You are absolutely 1000% correct. These idiots up here think Chicken Riggies is a popular dish. Let them order it in NYC or area surrounding and see what happens,lol. They'll probably be asked to leave or at the best the waiter or waitress will at the time of the inbreeds ordering expect NOTHING for a tip,lol, being from upstate. It's Rigatoni, not Riggies you asswipes. Boil escarole and add prosciutto, garlic, hot peppers, chicken stock, grated cheese and bread crumbs and have a contest for it,lol. What a joke Uticans are. How hard is it to screw up that dish. Go to a PURE Italian Restaurant and ask for sauce,lol. They'll look at you like you have 2 heads and will be asked, would you like Marinara or GRAVY! Yeah I know raviolis up here,lol, store bought too,lol. AGAIN asswipes from Central New York, MAKE YOUR OWN RAVIOLI. Just don't put any of your 2 hour sauce on it and ruin it,lol. 3 floor house called the projects,lol. Grew up on Madison Street in Manhattan in the PROJECTS. Funny I grew up in a building that had 20 floors and 80 apartments and there were 3 buildings identical side by side. That's the projects you ooticans,lol, not a 3 family house. You ooticans want to see a festival come down to The San Gennaro Feast" in September where we feast for a week, not your one day extravaganza you call a feast,lol.
So the reason you live here is because your father in in NYSCP for raping little boy's so you had to leave that rat hole NYC where the stench, of immigrants is as heavy as the pollution. Hopefully they will build the HS rail system so you can go back to the stench and come visit your father all the time and bring him candy to keep his memories alive.
WMaster

Utica, NY

#62 Feb 10, 2013
There are many types of sauces / Gravy italians make, based in part on the region they came from:

Pasta Puttanesca “Whore’s Pasta” sugo alla puttanesca
1 lb. farfalle pasta
1 onion, peeled / finely diced
EVOO for sautéing
4 – 6 cloves garlic, minced
1 tin anchovy fillets, drained / finely chopped
1 28-oz can crushed tomatoes / or / puree 1 14.5-oz can fire-roasted diced tomatoes / drained wine
2+ dz, dried pitted Kalamata olives
3-4 TBSP well drained capers
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Grated cheese for garnish Utica Grind
Optional: Add chunks of tuna (packed in Oil – drained) cooked into it just before serving.

Heat a large skillet over med heat / add oil, garlic, anchovies, & cayenne. Sauté until anchovies melt into oil / completely dissolve & garlic is tender, 3 mins. Add olives, capers, tomatoes, black pepper, & parsley. Bring to bubble, reduce, simmer 8 – 10 mins.---------

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Middleville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stairs Disaster 3 min Ask the People First 6
utica YOU WILL LOVE /\|lGGERSS DO WHAT I SAY 13 min Make Utica Great 32
Utica OD Rag Sheet: More Refugees = Less Crime 19 min Refugees vote Dem... 29
Women who are in process of divorce. But can no... 21 min lilkitty70 1
jaks in barneveld (Jul '14) 23 min Dinasdoggieden 89
Women getting divirced 25 min lilkitty70 20
Trump is a dangerous imbecile 29 min The Liars on the ... 325

Middleville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Middleville Mortgages