Who Has The Best Sauce In Utica?

Posted in the Middleville Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
BoozeMan96

Rome, NY

#1 Feb 5, 2013
Being born in raised in Utica/Rome New York I've learned one very important lesson. This are truly has some of the best Italian food in the world. We have the best Italian restaurants around that each offer their unique twist on a classic dish.

So who has the best sauce? Would you ever buy this garbage?

Oldiez 96.1 has the full story

http://961wodz.com/would-you-spend-over-50-on...
cheese

Carthage, NY

#2 Feb 5, 2013
Roma has pretty good sauce. But if looking for the quick and cheap route try Chanatry's. They make and bottle their own sauce and it's about $2.50 a jar and not bad.
well

Manlius, NY

#3 Feb 5, 2013
I don't care how good a sauce is, I would never pay $50 for a jar.
Crunchy

Conklin, NY

#4 Feb 5, 2013
I used to put my sauce inside Alex Kogut
cATHERINE

Utica, NY

#5 Feb 5, 2013
cheese wrote:
Roma has pretty good sauce. But if looking for the quick and cheap route try Chanatry's. They make and bottle their own sauce and it's about $2.50 a jar and not bad.
Chanatry's also includes cigarette ashes in their sauce. The people working there are filthy.
Greg

Whitesboro, NY

#6 Feb 5, 2013
Spaghetti Kettle.
snake pliskin

Needham, MA

#7 Feb 5, 2013
Burger King
Pete Moss

New Hartford, NY

#8 Feb 5, 2013
Snake I thought you were dead!
never been back

Manlius, NY

#9 Feb 5, 2013
Cavallos has the worst sauce ! Tastes like it came out of the can. I can't believe they can get away with using that crap. Yuck !!
losers

Utica, NY

#10 Feb 5, 2013
All restaurants in Utica, their sauce as you call it sucks. A true Italian restaurant has BOTH a "Marinara Sauce", and a "GRAVY" for spaghetti which is cooked wih PORK for hours.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
upstate sucks

Carthage, NY

#11 Feb 6, 2013
you friggin people dont know what good food is. you are all inbreeds for Christ sakes.
losers

Utica, NY

#12 Feb 6, 2013
Boy whoever judged my post you are clueless. Restaurants NORTH of Westchester are all horrible. Utica/Rome area are all crap. EVERYONE!
losers

Utica, NY

#13 Feb 6, 2013
Utica has Chicken Riggie and Greens contests,lol. Down in the city they laugh at greens and don't even know what a chicken riggie is. You do know Chicken riggies is boneless chicken cacciatori with cream and grated cheese added,lol. Utica/Rome = country bumpkins.
well

Manlius, NY

#14 Feb 6, 2013
losers wrote:
Utica has Chicken Riggie and Greens contests,lol. Down in the city they laugh at greens and don't even know what a chicken riggie is. You do know Chicken riggies is boneless chicken cacciatori with cream and grated cheese added,lol. Utica/Rome = country bumpkins.
People "down in the city" are idiots so we can really go by what you say.
Giada

Herkimer, NY

#15 Feb 6, 2013
losers wrote:
All restaurants in Utica, their sauce as you call it sucks. A true Italian restaurant has BOTH a "Marinara Sauce", and a "GRAVY" for spaghetti which is cooked wih PORK for hours.
Yet, you spend your whole day and night posting on the Utica Forum. What does that make you?
city

Utica, NY

#16 Feb 6, 2013
Daniele's
grimaldis

Whitesboro, NY

#17 Feb 6, 2013
Had the best sauce in the country. the dude from Rome is right. Real sauce is cooked in pork butt for hours!!!
Joeys in syracuse is real good. Tony sparagnas was real good when open. there really arent too many good places left. Venturas was ok.
but grimaldis sause and greens were the best.

chesterfields has gone right down hill.
student

Gouverneur, NY

#18 Feb 6, 2013
Daniells @ Valley view or on mohawk st, hands down!
losers

Utica, NY

#19 Feb 6, 2013
You morons up here who think you know a good sauce aka gravy, you are kidding yourselves. If you don't saute a pork butt till brown and cook your gravy for at last 5 hours, you don't know sauce. Only place up here is The Savoy in Rome who recently went back to cooking their Gravy with Pork Butts like they did years ago. They also have a seperate Marinara sauce too. That's the way Italian restaurants work with "2" sauces.
Well Well Smell

New Hartford, NY

#20 Feb 6, 2013
Giada wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet, you spend your whole day and night posting on the Utica Forum. What does that make you?
Ha Ha Ha word dude

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Middleville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Twin Ponds shoot em up 3 min Elmer Fudd 22
new downtown hospital 370 beds are you kidding me? 13 min poor planning 34
Name some girls in town who need to trim their ... 20 min Heather 3
LoMedico Wins 28 min Not proof 7
trump has tiny hands dwinks baba like infant 28 min Moochers delight 9
Par 34 min Danny boy 24
One Term Tenney 41 min Moochers delight 57

Middleville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance