Next Last
fairfield

United States

#21 Aug 24, 2011
oops misspelled unliked
Jeff Roche

Seneca Falls, NY

#22 Aug 24, 2011
I guess I have another question - what has having full time help have to do with a reduction in services? Please explain. Newport uses part timers and has a fantastic highway department. Not having full time help is a method of reducing costs, especially in the summer, and allowing the taxpayer a break in the amount of taxes they pay. It does not reduce services in any way. Now, Mr. Souza did not and there is no provision in the current budget to reduce full time employees unless billy boy has something up his sleeve.
Next question, why can't Mr. Souza suggest concepts to employees and get their feedback? Why can't he explore alternatives that would save tax dollars.
Explain your issues to me please.
I do not believe that I have stepped on anyone and as for stepping in something, I think it was the financial fiasco of 2 years ago. Interesting that since "stepping in" as a volunteer to do the deputy's work (none of the board members would accept the position) we (that is Rich and I) have seen an increase in interest about what is going on, development of a faction that wants to go back to the old ways where nobody knew anything and everything was secret and a revival of pride in Fairfield after the fireworks and Community Fair. So if I did step in, it was a helpful step.
Jeff Roche

Seneca Falls, NY

#23 Aug 24, 2011
Oh, and before you bring up summer road maintenance, we can contract that out, save a lot of money and provide local contractors some long deserved revenue. Given 330 man-days in the summer (May to Sep) or 2,640 hours of work at the town average weighted (includes benefits and hourly wage and is an average) of $27.74 you would save at least $73,000. That is one big savings.
fairfield

United States

#24 Aug 24, 2011
Jeff Roche you must really enjoy this. You are on the other site about you also. You must have alot of time on your hands to be able to keep up with all this and manage the town. You really need to keep your mouth shut at the meeting and let Souza do his job. Last time I checked you were not the one in charge. We did not vote you in to run our town. As long as you are around no one gets to talk but you. You really need to stop the rude comments. Your true colors are really showing. Neither one of you (Souza or Roche) have anything good to say about anyone in the town. You only want yourself to look good, but its not a very good look. Hopefully soon everyone will know the truth, and your skeleton in the closet will come out.
Mark Hover

Frankfort, NY

#25 Aug 24, 2011
When you go to court with your documents your going to have to show your face and put your real name on the court papers. Don't hide I did aback ground check on Jeff Roche and there has never been auy charges filed. Jeff please don't get mad and hunt me down to yell at me because I will have to tell you to shut up.
Hmmmm Dinger interesting; come to Sept. meeting I will blind fold Jeff so he won't attack you or your family, we will even muzzle him so he can't yell at you but when you are wrong all we ask is you apologize to Mr. ROCHE and the people of Fairfield.
hmmm

Central Square, NY

#26 Aug 24, 2011
I watched the video and you are ALL embarrassments to the town of Fairfield. Grow up and act like adults instead of children...and yes, Jeff, that means you too. I know you, very well actually, and I know you weren't a prick when you first moved to the town, so stop acting like one now. What a sad sad bunch of fools running such a great little town.
no teacher

Frankfort, NY

#27 Aug 24, 2011
hmmmm interesting wrote:
oops in my frustrating i believe there are more spelling and gramatical errors in my preious posts could you please do the honor of being my spell check?
Thanks
Could you please do the honor of at least TRYING to seem intelligent?
no teacher

Frankfort, NY

#28 Aug 24, 2011
fairfield wrote:
oops misspelled unliked
Actually, it is "disliked" not "unliked". At least you are making an effort!
fairfield

United States

#30 Aug 25, 2011
no teacher wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, it is "disliked" not "unliked". At least you are making an effort!
oops you are right it should have been "dislike"
Concerned Taxpayer

New York, NY

#31 Sep 12, 2011
The people of Fairfield had better wake up before it is to late. Ask yourself,why do these two people(Souza and Roche) want this job so bad that they would abuse the good people of Fairfield who have lived here all their lives? Why do they come here from other states and take over like they are all knowing and the locals who have run this town very well in the past don't know what they are doing. There was one person that gave false information on the supervisors report and he is out of office.And now it is happening again with Souza and Roche.They are very disrespectful and arrogant.I remember in Oppenheim a few years back a person came in from another state, ran for Supervisor,attacking the current one, put signs all over the town much like Fairfield. Got elected and within a couple years had things all screwed up,had everyone fighting among themselves. Then left town leaving the locals to fix things back up and pay for his mistakes.Don't let this happen to your town folks.
Get these evildoers out of office. Remember,Good people do not treat others this way.
_sigh

Frankfort, NY

#32 Sep 12, 2011
Concerned Taxpayer wrote:
The people of Fairfield had better wake up before it is to late. Ask yourself,why do these two people(Souza and Roche) want this job so bad that they would abuse the good people of Fairfield who have lived here all their lives? Why do they come here from other states and take over like they are all knowing and the locals who have run this town very well in the past don't know what they are doing. There was one person that gave false information on the supervisors report and he is out of office.And now it is happening again with Souza and Roche.They are very disrespectful and arrogant.I remember in Oppenheim a few years back a person came in from another state, ran for Supervisor,attacking the current one, put signs all over the town much like Fairfield. Got elected and within a couple years had things all screwed up,had everyone fighting among themselves. Then left town leaving the locals to fix things back up and pay for his mistakes.Don't let this happen to your town folks.
Get these evildoers out of office. Remember,Good people do not treat others this way.
Anyone who pays taxes in a town has the right to run for a town office. You give it a go if you think you can do it better.
Concerned Not

Utica, NY

#33 Sep 13, 2011
That the problem with Fairfield it was run by family and friends of family so lets not let anyone that lives in the town that is not related or family and not a really good friend be on the town board so we can spread out the tax dollars between us. That is the way you like it. Rich S. owns a house and runs a buisness in the town, why can or way shouldn't he run? The probelm SOME PEOPLE HAVE WITH JEFF R. Is he is well educated and SOME people in the town don't like that.(Ed B Dennis M. Bill D. Mark K. Crofoot) That what protects us taxs payers guys like RICK JEFF.
resident of fairfield

Fitchburg, MA

#34 Sep 13, 2011
Concerned Not wrote:
That the problem with Fairfield it was run by family and friends of family so lets not let anyone that lives in the town that is not related or family and not a really good friend be on the town board so we can spread out the tax dollars between us. That is the way you like it. Rich S. owns a house and runs a buisness in the town, why can or way shouldn't he run? The probelm SOME PEOPLE HAVE WITH JEFF R. Is he is well educated. and SOME people in the town don't like that.(Ed B Dennis M. Bill D. Mark K. Crofoot) That what protects us taxs payers guys like RICK JEFF.
Wow!!!! Me think you bright!!! You come speak powerful words from mouth. U mus b edgeumucated at there's bestest skools a round.
Time for Change

Utica, NY

#35 Sep 13, 2011
I agree with Concerned Not about Fairfield run by families and friends. Maybe people don't like Rich S. and Jeff R. because the truth is finally come out. Concerned Taxpayer you need to think again. The locals have not run this town very well in the past. It's time for a major change!
you go crowfoot

New Hartford, NY

#36 Sep 14, 2011
yes it is time for a change and we got it..... congrats mr. crowfoot!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Middleville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Carpenter, Herkimer Counties Criminal Advocate 6 min HerkimerLawyer 9
Little Falls airport 7 min Air Traffic Control 35
Galime Common Council President 16 min Confusing 2
wutr/wktv 25 min channel 1
Family Court Judge Shkane (Dec '08) 26 min I am the One 25
Pistol Permits in Oneida County 39 min dutchschultz 53
Amy aceto 49 min Sara 9
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Middleville Mortgages