Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

You must give me a good reason that DHS has bought 10,000 M16 full auto equivalents, 1 billion rounds of ammo AND now these armored vehicles... DHS doesn't leave the country... they are NOT the National Guard...they are not the police, or the FBI...do we really need another "force"? if so, what for? The Obama administration has built up its own "defense force" at a time when we are broke? Why is this needed? what is its purpose?

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/DrudgeReportFe...
leave the idiocy to PV

Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

West Coast Rapper wrote:
You must give me a good reason that DHS has bought 10,000 M16 full auto equivalents, 1 billion rounds of ammo AND now these armored vehicles...
No I don't.
So what

Albany, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

He just wants to be ready when all those people Bush tee'd off show up at the border.
Homeland security includes many armed agencies including Immigration, Secret Service, Customes and Border, the USCG, and Transportation Security.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

Agreed! Too much government! We have the National Guard already.
leave the idiocy to PV

Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

West Coast Rapper wrote:
Agreed! Too much government! We have the National Guard already.
Do you have any idea what the National Guard does? I mean obviously from your answer you don't, but I felt compelled to ask. That's like saying "We don't need a police force, we have a dog catcher already!"

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

leave the idiocy to PV wrote:
<quoted text>Do you have any idea what the National Guard does? I mean obviously from your answer you don't, but I felt compelled to ask. That's like saying "We don't need a police force, we have a dog catcher already!"
I spent 9 years in the National Guard, so Yes, I do.
K Marx

Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

Mr.President need vehicle for to bring crop of marijuana to all states when he make legal pot. Then he have armor cars to keep peoples from taking cargo away. Big money for to balance budget. Giving big orders to bullet makers to make them shut up . Remington corporate not going to squawk about AR-15 ban if they get big bullet order. Is bottom line. They capitalists. Worship money.
leave the idiocy to PV

Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

West Coast Rapper wrote:
I spent 9 years in the National Guard, so Yes, I do.
What'd you do, smoke weed the whole time? Tell me how the National Guard has anything to do with Immigration, Secret Service, Customs and Border, the USCG, and Transportation Security...? They have completely different missions than all of the above.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>What'd you do, smoke weed the whole time? Tell me how the National Guard has anything to do with Immigration, Secret Service, Customs and Border, the USCG, and Transportation Security...? They have completely different missions than all of the above.
I flew Cobra helicopters Jacktard! The National Guard works with ALL of those agencies plus DOD, DEA, and more. We had the "armor" they didn't need their own. It's an example of more government abusive spending and "hiding" the military spend by investing in other para-military agencies. Net net equals Government Gone Wild!
leave the idiocy to PV

Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

West Coast Rapper wrote:
I flew Cobra helicopters Jacktard! The National Guard works with ALL of those agencies plus DOD, DEA, and more. We had the "armor" they didn't need their own. It's an example of more government abusive spending and "hiding" the military spend by investing in other para-military agencies. Net net equals Government Gone Wild!
I'm sure you flew Cobra helicopters - in your bathtub. I didn't ask you who they worked WITH - you said these organizations were unnecessary because we have the National Guard. Does the National Guard provide immigration and customs enforcement? No. Does the National Guard protect the President and investigate counterfeiting like the Secret Service? No. Does the National Guard screen passengers and luggage at airports? No.

Put down the bong, WCR.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>I'm sure you flew Cobra helicopters - in your bathtub. I didn't ask you who they worked WITH - you said these organizations were unnecessary because we have the National Guard. Does the National Guard provide immigration and customs enforcement? No. Does the National Guard protect the President and investigate counterfeiting like the Secret Service? No. Does the National Guard screen passengers and luggage at airports? No.

Put down the bong, WCR.
Misunderstanding my post. The National Guard can provide bullets and armor. DHS doesn't need to buy it.
leave the idiocy to PV

Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

West Coast Rapper wrote:
Misunderstanding my post. The National Guard can provide bullets and armor. DHS doesn't need to buy it.
So basically your post was completely irrelevant? Ok, that clears it up.
leave the idiocy to PV

Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

West Coast Rapper wrote:
I mean please tell me you aren't honestly trying to say that the Department of Homeland SECURITY doesn't need weapons and bullets. Or the Secret Service or customs and border or TSA for that matter. That's absolutely laughable.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

I can't believe how much this story got warped. What it really involes is a $21,000,000 contract to Navistar to refit the chassis for 2700 existing vehicles ($8000 per vehicle) that had previously been deployed in Iraq or Afghanistan...i.e. routine maintenance and upgrades to the existing fleet. And this dates back to March, 2012. Nothing is indicative of DHS operatives starting to roam the streets in armored vehicles or of wasteful spending. It only indicates the lengths to which the survivalist wing-nut propaganda machine will go to influence and mislead the gullible.

http://media.navistar.com/index.php...

Since: Jan 10

ishmael.org

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

CoffinMaker wrote:
I can't believe how much this story got warped. What it really involes is a $21,000,000 contract to Navistar to refit the chassis for 2700 existing vehicles ($8000 per vehicle) that had previously been deployed in Iraq or Afghanistan...i.e. routine maintenance and upgrades to the existing fleet. And this dates back to March, 2012. Nothing is indicative of DHS operatives starting to roam the streets in armored vehicles or of wasteful spending. It only indicates the lengths to which the survivalist wing-nut propaganda machine will go to influence and mislead the gullible.
Thanks CM.
we are in BIG trouble

Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

CoffinMaker wrote:
You are right, nothing to see here...ignore the billion rounds of ammunition the DHS has purchased in the last 18 months. Typical radical progressive; deflect, deflect, deflect.

BTW, how's your triple-dip recession going over there in the UK?
Liar

Albany, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

West Coast Rapper wrote:
<quoted text>
Liar. Everyone knows Cobra helecopters can't fly.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

we are in BIG trouble wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right, nothing to see here...ignore the billion rounds of ammunition the DHS has purchased in the last 18 months. Typical radical progressive; deflect, deflect, deflect.
BTW, how's your triple-dip recession going over there in the UK?
Another example of how the wing-nut survivalist propaganda machine dupes the gullible. I actually looked at the procurement order you are referring to and added up the amount of ammunition ordered. It is 63 million rounds not 750 million or a Billion. In addition it is for a period of 5 years and for the Federal Firearms training Center. The order equates to a shade over 12 million rounds per year. The FBI alone has over 13,000 armed Special Agents requiring training. In addition the DHS also trains INS, ATF and personnel of various other agencies. I would surmise that at the Federal Arms Training Center is responsible for training at least 20,000 armed officers. A yearly allotment of 600 rounds per person for training purposes certainly seems within the bounds of reason to me. Especially since WCR has previously bragged of blowing off several hundred rounds in one go at the firing range.

I'm not in the habit of defending the Department of Homeland Nazification... or is it Fatherland Security...no matter, you know what I mean....BUT the hysteria whipped up by the World of Alex Jones, Prussian Blue, etc. is completely ridiculous.

As for the Triple Dip in the UK, that's what happens when an electorate is dumb enough to elect a bunch of Conservatives who enact austerity measures in the midst of a weak economy.

Since: Jan 10

ishmael.org

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

It's all BS.

Regarding
Obama DHS Purchases 2,700 Light-Armored Tanks to Go With Their 1.6 Billion Bullet Stockpile

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/article/41698...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Middleville Discussions

Search the Middleville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
willie from weathertite cop hater 6 min alex 3
weathertite fence willy & bill law enforcement ... 11 min alex 7
Bruce Karam 31 min Lol 3
Topix - Utica NY Worst City in the USA? 1 hr NYC unhappiest city in US 22
nikki edsall 1 hr minimouseismysister 1
You Asked For It Robert T Oliveira 2 hr BobbyO1967 29
Valley health Schrader & Watson 2 hr joe 129
•••
•••