The "OLD" Friendlys at sangertown
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Bbo

Far Rockaway, NY

#43 Feb 28, 2013
Cold Stone Creamery is supposedly going in there on one side and a cupcake shop on the other.
Yankee

Brooklyn, NY

#44 Feb 28, 2013
Bbo wrote:
Cold Stone Creamery is supposedly going in there on one side and a cupcake shop on the other.
That sounds about right. Now that the rest of the country is starting to gag at the sight of cupcakes, NOW Utica/Rome will go nuts on the fad.
Stan Horvath

Utica, NY

#45 Feb 28, 2013
Maybe put in a skating rink over near Sears wing. Sears don't do too good anyway.

Utica34

Since: Feb 13

Albany, NY

#46 Feb 28, 2013
Yankee wrote:
<quoted text>
That sounds about right. Now that the rest of the country is starting to gag at the sight of cupcakes, NOW Utica/Rome will go nuts on the fad.
Not quite sure what malls you have been to but sweets always do well.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#47 Mar 1, 2013
Idea wrote:
Haven't been to the Mall in a little while. Whats the latest on whats going in the old friendlys??
Yep. Friendly's left in January. No one's sure what's going there yet.
Vin

Springfield, NJ

#48 Mar 2, 2013
Bbo wrote:
Cold Stone Creamery is supposedly going in there on one side and a cupcake shop on the other.
Cold stone closed up at the orchard bc it couldn't make it there. The company also closed other locations bc the money is not there for there overpriced junk food. Sangertown mall is a joke. The mall is going to be full of kiosks, jewelry stores, Chinese restauraunts. If target was not there I think the mall would sink.
Mallguy

Carthage, NY

#49 Mar 7, 2013
Any truth to a new restuaant in the works?
Pat Jazinski

United States

#50 Mar 7, 2013
Maybe they'll put another roller skating rink in like the good old days of the mall.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#51 Mar 10, 2013
Pat Jazinski wrote:
Maybe they'll put another roller skating rink in like the good old days of the mall.
I remember correctly, the roller rink at Sangertown was only open from 1980-81. I believe it was turned into extra screens for the cinemas. I will never understand the closing of that theater (besides Regal buying Hoytes.) It was supposed to be redone, but the Marquee ruined that. I think it would have done fine. It was a decent cinemas. It had 9 screens,(hence the name Sangertown Square 9) and was decent for a mall. The marquee has double that, but it usually shows the same movies in two different theaters. So, they technically only show 9 movies at a time. I don't know, piece that puzzle together how ever you want.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#52 Mar 10, 2013
Sorry, take out the e's in Hoyts. Don't know why I put them in there. :/
MallGuy

Carthage, NY

#53 Apr 30, 2013
Havent been to the mall in a while. Anything going on with the old friendlys spot?
Abigail

Utica, NY

#54 Apr 30, 2013
MallGuy wrote:
Havent been to the mall in a while. Anything going on with the old friendlys spot?
For starters, it's a DISGRACE, not a mall.
Fat Tony Salerno

United States

#55 Apr 30, 2013
VinnyMB wrote:
<quoted text> I remember correctly, the roller rink at Sangertown was only open from 1980-81. I believe it was turned into extra screens for the cinemas. I will never understand the closing of that theater (besides Regal buying Hoytes.) It was supposed to be redone, but the Marquee ruined that. I think it would have done fine. It was a decent cinemas. It had 9 screens,(hence the name Sangertown Square 9) and was decent for a mall. The marquee has double that, but it usually shows the same movies in two different theaters. So, they technically only show 9 movies at a time. I don't know, piece that puzzle together how ever you want.
I always thought they should have started showing porno at that theater. With nine screens, you could really hit all the bases: main stream porn, gay, girl-girl, bondage, midgets, bestiality, etc. That would have been a great concept.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Middleville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gary velletto 50 min FUnny 9
Bummer Joday running for School Board 2 hr Check Tax Rates 25
Utica Nano/Buff Billion scandal gets smakcked d... 2 hr DOnt read 11
Utica Haters 2 hr What Nano 30
Fake Marcy "Nano COmpanies" getting sunpoenad b... 2 hr What Nano 34
Bad headlines for Gov. Cuomo, Todd Howe and SUN... 2 hr DOnt read 20
My girls husband finally got it 2 hr Fortey 7
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Middleville Mortgages