Utica fire department food costs

Utica fire department food costs

Posted in the Middleville Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
sparky

United States

#1 Jun 2, 2012
I read an article in the wall street journal, in the article the city of san jose was paying the food bill every day for fire stations. The firefighters were buying prime cuts of steak. Does the city of Utica pay for food at the fire stations?
No Way

United States

#2 Jun 2, 2012
No, the city buys No Food for anyone, stop trying to start another fire dept. bashing post.
Fat Dave

Sebastopol, CA

#3 Jun 2, 2012
I know for a fact the city does not. However, if you saw the pictures of the porkers that got promoted, they are well fed. The city would have been bankrupt years ago had they been paying to bulk up those slobs.
Vinny

United States

#4 Jun 2, 2012
See todays Wall street journal Updated June 1, 2012, 10:20 p.m. ET As Costs Soar, Taxpayers Target Pensions of Cops and Firefighters

SAN JOSE, Calif.—Firefighter Brian Endicott got an early taste of the pension battle brewing here when a man at the grocery store angrily pointed to the steaks in his cart.

"Who do you think you are, wasting taxpayers' money on a meal like this?" the man yelled at 46-year-old Mr. Endicott, who was shopping for dinner with three other firefighters from San Jose Fire Station No. 1.

The Vote This June, in a vote that is being closely watched around the U.S., the mayor of San Jose, Calif., is asking residents to overhaul pensions of police, firefighters and other city workers. Hear their stories.
insider information

United States

#5 Jun 2, 2012
one man from each shift, in each firehouse is given a prepaid card by the city to allow for the firefighters meals in utica. there is no cap on how much the firefighters can spend. steaks, shrimp, calamari, anything goes on a daily basis. even the off duty members come to the fire house to partake on the luxerious taxpayer funded daily firehouse feasts.
Bridge salesman

Hadley, MA

#6 Jun 2, 2012
Don't forget the card they get to use for booze and cigars. For some late night relaxation too. Wanna buy a bridge you idiot!!!!!!!! They pay for their own food. Get over it!
kamakazell

Rome, NY

#7 Jun 2, 2012
The city could never afford to feed some of the firefighters, the city would go broke. Did you see the size of the ones that got promoted by Palmieri a few weeks ago. They looked like they were on the Pillsbury Dough Boy Diet, what a shame, to have public servants in that shape get promoted.
Ute bureau

United States

#8 Jun 2, 2012
Fat Dave wrote:
I know for a fact the city does not. However, if you saw the pictures of the porkers that got promoted, they are well fed. The city would have been bankrupt years ago had they been paying to bulk up those slobs.
all of those guys have been aggressive interior firefighters since the day they came on. Would you rather have a larger aggressive firefighter coming to your house or an in shape wpussy with all else being equal????? I thought so.
Let them eat cake

Baldwinsville, NY

#9 Jun 3, 2012
Aggressive interior? That's ridiculous.

Since: Jun 11

Utica, NY

#10 Jun 3, 2012
...fact...put a bid in for the academy and it was already decided. Whiteys has had the food contract for the last 4 years to my knowledge.So, to say the city doesnt pay?
on a more serious note. I remember when we use to give the police station our end of the night food, for FREE, and all of a sudden "certain people" got all mad because they thought we got special treatment. We were giving FREE food, so now, noone can give out food to the local police.
So, here we are complaining that they get a food allowance. So what is it, the community gives them free food, yet, causes some controversy or they get a food allowence?
CHOOSE YOUR BATTLES !
insider information

West Hartford, CT

#11 Jun 3, 2012
just saw ufd members at hannaford buying lunch meat. the turkey was on sale but they bought the ham anyways. this has to stop. i saw them take out a credit card that said city of utica on it
Yes

Danvers, MA

#12 Jun 3, 2012
insider information wrote:
just saw ufd members at hannaford buying lunch meat. the turkey was on sale but they bought the ham anyways. this has to stop. i saw them take out a credit card that said city of utica on it
Let's call geraldo. Maybe he can break into that secret safe where they keep all the city credit cards!
kamakazell

Rome, NY

#13 Jun 3, 2012
Ute bureau wrote:
<quoted text> all of those guys have been aggressive interior firefighters since the day they came on. Would you rather have a larger aggressive firefighter coming to your house or an in shape wpussy with all else being equal????? I thought so.
I would prefer a firefighter that is not a disgrace to good physical fitness and body. Saying a fat slob firefighter is agressive has to be proven, it seems that they are putting themselves in danger of having a heart attack or stroke while short changing the public. Fat firefighters are a hazard to safety for themselves and the public,, that is fact, so go blow smoke up somebody else's ass. Your argument is near to stupidity.
who

Baldwinsville, NY

#14 Jun 3, 2012
pete, your a real prince.
been there

East Syracuse, NY

#15 Jun 3, 2012
insider information wrote:
just saw ufd members at hannaford buying lunch meat. the turkey was on sale but they bought the ham anyways. this has to stop. i saw them take out a credit card that said city of utica on it
maybe somebody is allergic to pork or maybe they have religious reasons for not buying haml. Maybe the City of utica card was an id card and not a credit card. In any event, the guys buy their own meals and divide the bill.
been there

East Syracuse, NY

#16 Jun 3, 2012
Bazil5 wrote:
...fact...put a bid in for the academy and it was already decided. Whiteys has had the food contract for the last 4 years to my knowledge.So, to say the city doesnt pay?
on a more serious note. I remember when we use to give the police station our end of the night food, for FREE, and all of a sudden "certain people" got all mad because they thought we got special treatment. We were giving FREE food, so now, noone can give out food to the local police.
So, here we are complaining that they get a food allowance. So what is it, the community gives them free food, yet, causes some controversy or they get a food allowence?
CHOOSE YOUR BATTLES !
That is for the academy and the sponsoring municipality is actually reimbursing the City of Utica for the catering bill.
kamakazell

Rome, NY

#17 Jun 3, 2012
who wrote:
pete, your a real prince.
Gee. I was trying to keep that a secret, I do not like to brag about my royalty.
Come on

Rome, NY

#18 Jun 3, 2012
PETE
I would rather have a fat ass help me than NO-BALLS Pete Ceminaro waiting outside of the building with his helmet cocked, and his hands in his pockets jerkin off

Since: May 12

Whitesboro, NY

#19 Jun 3, 2012
I know I have seen FF is the stores but what I saw was a roast and
veggies. When I asked what was for supper they told me stew. Sounded good to me.
They are there for several meals it would be hard to bag it.
kamakazell

Rome, NY

#20 Jun 3, 2012
Come on wrote:
PETE
I would rather have a fat ass help me than NO-BALLS Pete Ceminaro waiting outside of the building with his helmet cocked, and his hands in his pockets jerkin off
Hiding and making accusations on a computer is cowardly, tell me who you are, you seem to know who I am. I guarantee you will not reveal your identity because you are a coward and sissy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Middleville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
whitesboro judeges soncharges with taping kitte... (Sep '13) 22 min Bus Ted 745
What has Utica Politicians Done For American Hi... 33 min Nevergonnachange 3
Kaleigh's deleted posts 43 min Lol 10
Lydia Jouben 1 hr fml 19
kmart closing herk. 2 hr Just my two cents 63
Labella 3 hr Follow the Rules 4
Rats 3 hr Inspector General 22

Middleville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Middleville Mortgages