decent citizen

Little Falls, NY

#21 Mar 6, 2013
Pot Kettle Black wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean, like how Funny Hat Ed's wife has been spreading nasty slanders about the Jeff and Mark here on Topix, and then she repeated those same rumors in public last night? How dare she stand there and accuse the aldermen of being liars and having conflicts of interest! How dare she!
Why do you sit there and tell lies? Some people do not have time to spread lies on Topix like you do. A question was asked that remains unanswered. That is it. Why do you distort the truth? Curious why no one answered those questions about conflict of interest and the two law suits on the court docket.

Since: Jan 10

ishmael.org

#22 Mar 6, 2013
So how many showed up?
Was the hallway filled? Stairs? Balcony?
decent citizen

Little Falls, NY

#23 Mar 6, 2013
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Who the hell are this "Edward" who wears funny hats and his wife? We already know they live in a mansion near the YMCA and spend a lot of time spreading lies and slanders on Topix. And we know he manifests some warning signs of schizophrenia, with all of his talk about how he is certain that the AG is about to come in and and change things to the way he wants them to be. But what else makes these colorful people a force to be reckoned with?
Sound like you are the one throwing out the slanderous remarks. You are also the one spreading lies and rumors on Topix. Get over it , people have a right to ask questions.
decent citizen

Little Falls, NY

#24 Mar 6, 2013
Pot Kettle Black wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean, like how Funny Hat Ed's wife has been spreading nasty slanders about the Jeff and Mark here on Topix, and then she repeated those same rumors in public last night? How dare she stand there and accuse the aldermen of being liars and having conflicts of interest! How dare she!
Stop telling lies. A question was asked , there were no accusations made. Clearly that question struck a nerve with you. No one accused anyone of anything. It is about time someone asked the questions that others are clearly thinking about.
decent citizen

Little Falls, NY

#25 Mar 6, 2013
Bobby Mulligan wrote:
<quoted text>
Ladies and Gentleman, meet Ed's wife. She talks like this live, too.
A spectacle was made by Council members attempting to mock and disrupt citizens comments. The assessor was appalled by their rude behavior and spoke up!
decent citizen

Little Falls, NY

#26 Mar 6, 2013
Pot Kettle Black wrote:
<quoted text>
Lies, lies and more lies!
Wondering

United States

#27 Mar 6, 2013
I have listened to both side of the taxing of non profits. If this is motivated by increasing revenue for the city what has the city done to cut costs? Most businesses and municipalities have had to cut costs and sometimes that includes employees. I would feel more comfortable if we were told that the bottom line has been looked at and cuts will be made.
If the size of the city is 4700 people do we need as many employees?. Can cuts be made, can people go part time. Do we need as many DPW workers, do we need 8 + clerks?
Two positions eliminated would save the city over $100,000 in salary and benefits. WouldnÂ’t that make up for the taxes collected by the non profits?
Edward M

Little Falls, NY

#28 Mar 6, 2013
Someone called me and said I should go on this site and read some of the comments that have made this town so unattractive to decent people. Well all I can say is this if you like my hat so much it is for sale so that I can pay for the outrageous property taxes that are accompanied by diminished services. I find that there is a lack of adult leadership in this town, MY TOWN, I own a piece of it. Some say a Mansion. When I first purchased this"Mansion" it had falling into disrepair and required a lot of hard work and effort on my wife's and my part. We sacrificed saving and time to revitalize this property. In fact we are still working on it today 6 years later. In so far as the comments that I made at the town counsel meeting I stand by them 100%. The YMCA is expanding it's tax exempt status unlawfully to avoid paying taxes. Taxes that will only help our community not hinder it. What I witnessed at this meeting was spoiled brats, concerned citizens and inept governance. People focusing on the Mayor's haberdashery and a seemingly wanting desire for my warm comfortable hat. We have real issues at hand in Little Falls that requires adult leadership at all levels of government and service. People making false accusations about my wife does not bode well with me. I have been known to hold a grudge. I brought up other issues for consideration because the YMCA is not of any particular significance to me except readdressing the tax exempt status of all tax exempt properties in my town of Little Falls. Moving the rubbish service to the utility portion of our individual living cost will generate a quarterly revenue of $80.000.00 plus per quarter, at a cost of roughly $40.00 per household. This will keep cost down. Obtaining a grant for an elevator at the senior center for $400,000.00 is insanity. Especially when we have so many infrastructure concerns in our fair little city. If I would have known that Little Falls was so mean spirited I would have moved to the Cornhill section of Utica where at least the people who live there are outwardly honest about who and what they are. In closing get used to me. I'll be back..........
vote of no confidence

Little Falls, NY

#29 Mar 6, 2013
Yah. I think you are right. Their hearts are in the right place maybe.

Buy they want to buy a vactor AND they want to tax nonprofits, but I think part of the reason you are seeing a fuss kicked up is that the populace senses that the books ARE NOT IN ORDER and.or have NOT BEEN looked at.

Come clean, City of LF. Help us understand the big picture. Lay it out, don't hide anything, don't play games. This is NOT your fiefdom, Bobby. You are spending our hard earned money!!!!!!!! Transparency would go a long ways, sir.
Average Dumb Schmuck

Utica, NY

#30 Mar 6, 2013
Conflict of interest, by it's very nature, requires interests which are in conflict. And generally, those interests need to be of a financial or fiduciary nature.

Now, anyone who reads Topix regularly has read rumors to the effect that a particular Alderperson and the Director of the Y, have, at some point in the past, jointly purchased recreational property outside of the City.

I have no way of knowing if this is the case or not, but I want to point out that even if it is true, this would not constitute a conflict of interest with respect to the matters under discussion. We are debating the tax-exempt status of properties that neither of these individuals own or have any financial interests in whatsoever.

Obviously, if the discussion was concerning, say, the zoning or tax status of a property within the City that an alderperson owned, then clearly there would be a conflict of interest for that alderperson to be voting on matters concerning that property they owned. But nothing of the sort is the case here, not even remotely so.

These charges of conflict of interest are totally out in left field, and amount to a smear campaign by mean-spirited people who have nothing else to work with.
Easily Amused

West Hartford, CT

#31 Mar 6, 2013
Edward M wrote:
Someone called me and said I should go on this site and read some of the comments that have made this town so unattractive to decent people. Well all I can say is this if you like my hat so much it is for sale so that I can pay for the outrageous property taxes that are accompanied by diminished services. I find that there is a lack of adult leadership in this town, MY TOWN, I own a piece of it. Some say a Mansion. When I first purchased this"Mansion" it had falling into disrepair and required a lot of hard work and effort on my wife's and my part. We sacrificed saving and time to revitalize this property. In fact we are still working on it today 6 years later. In so far as the comments that I made at the town counsel meeting I stand by them 100%. The YMCA is expanding it's tax exempt status unlawfully to avoid paying taxes. Taxes that will only help our community not hinder it. What I witnessed at this meeting was spoiled brats, concerned citizens and inept governance. People focusing on the Mayor's haberdashery and a seemingly wanting desire for my warm comfortable hat. We have real issues at hand in Little Falls that requires adult leadership at all levels of government and service. People making false accusations about my wife does not bode well with me. I have been known to hold a grudge. I brought up other issues for consideration because the YMCA is not of any particular significance to me except readdressing the tax exempt status of all tax exempt properties in my town of Little Falls. Moving the rubbish service to the utility portion of our individual living cost will generate a quarterly revenue of $80.000.00 plus per quarter, at a cost of roughly $40.00 per household. This will keep cost down. Obtaining a grant for an elevator at the senior center for $400,000.00 is insanity. Especially when we have so many infrastructure concerns in our fair little city. If I would have known that Little Falls was so mean spirited I would have moved to the Cornhill section of Utica where at least the people who live there are outwardly honest about who and what they are. In closing get used to me. I'll be back..........
Let us get something REAL straight Eddie boy, you do NOT own a piece of Little Falls, you own a house there. Owning a house in Little Falls does NOT give you the right to any more input than someone renting a one bedroom apartment there!
You are threatening people now? You hold "grudges"? It sounds pretty unanimous that your wife and her diatribes were not well received by anyone in attendance. You must really have big fish in a small pond syndrome if you think anyone would fear you! LOL!!
You're attacking one of the few great things left in the Little Falls in the YMCA and are angry that you can't get enough people to agree with you and join your little tirade.
Now you and your wife can go back to banging your spoons on the trays of your highchairs.
Ha Ha

Holyoke, MA

#32 Mar 6, 2013
I saw him at Stewarts, getting coffee -- what's up with that??!!
ednut

Little Falls, NY

#33 Mar 6, 2013
Is this the guy who was caught scamming in Florida and run out of the state?
Huh

New York, NY

#34 Mar 6, 2013
ednut wrote:
Care to share some details? What is this guy's last name?
Google Is Your Friend

New York, NY

#35 Mar 6, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
Like this? http://www.5dca.org/Opinions/Opin2012/071612/... Interesting.
decent citizen

Little Falls, NY

#36 Mar 6, 2013
Easily Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
Let us get something REAL straight Eddie boy, you do NOT own a piece of Little Falls, you own a house there. Owning a house in Little Falls does NOT give you the right to any more input than someone renting a one bedroom apartment there!
You are threatening people now? You hold "grudges"? It sounds pretty unanimous that your wife and her diatribes were not well received by anyone in attendance. You must really have big fish in a small pond syndrome if you think anyone would fear you! LOL!!
You're attacking one of the few great things left in the Little Falls in the YMCA and are angry that you can't get enough people to agree with you and join your little tirade.
Now you and your wife can go back to banging your spoons on the trays of your highchairs.
Sounds like you are threatening people. Why don't you grow up and stop telling lies and creating rumors! No one is attacking the YMCA what are you one of The Villlage People or the Village Idiot? Stop slandering and lying about people and distorting the truth. It is pathetic. Some people think Little Falls is a complete city not partitioned into factions. Stop spreading hate and lies it does not help the city.
decent citizen

Little Falls, NY

#37 Mar 6, 2013
ednut wrote:
More lies and slander.
Here kitty kitty

Little Falls, NY

#38 Mar 6, 2013
ednut wrote:
The guy from Florida is the loon next door, in the gray house, with the pit bull. The guy who when you ask how he is mutters something about Obamacare. That guy has issues. Actually that might be PV.
decent citizen

Little Falls, NY

#39 Mar 6, 2013
ednut wrote:
Stop spreading lies and rumors. It is people like you that divide this city .
decent citizen

Little Falls, NY

#40 Mar 6, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the last name is TAXPAYER!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Middleville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Proctor graduation 35 min Thinning out the ... 3
Amanda donoHoe 40 min Ralphie 15
attn HOW MANY AFRICAN COMPUTERS DO YOU OWN 41 min MLK 7
Carpenter, over 400 unprosecuted DWI's...... 43 min PittyParty 15
The 100 grand Scam! 1 hr Calvin 3
Shear Pleasures (Feb '15) 1 hr No Shame 43
pez alert since he is headed to lf 1 hr Father John 10
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Middleville Mortgages