Students OK after car hits bus

Full story: WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan

The collision happened in Middleville between Main Street and Adams Road around 11 p.m. on Saturday.
Comments
1 - 20 of 52 Comments Last updated Sep 25, 2008
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
AshD

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2008

Judged:

I was on this bus last night. This served as a great warning to all of us involved about the dangers of drinking and driving. Luckily, the warning came through with no one getting hurt.
Ironically, the bar the driver came from was right across the street from teh accident and is where we ended up going to the bathroom while we waited for another bus to come get us.
Please don't drive drunk! A whole lot of people, over 30 young students at that, could have been seriously injured because of one person's bad mistake. Well, also the mistakes of the people who were at the bar and knew she was drunk but let her leave!

Since: Sep 08

Encino, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2008

Judged:

What is the name of the driver? Anyone know. I'm from Middleville and I would be curious to know1
AshD

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2008

I'm not from Allegan, I don't know why it says I am!!!

Since: Mar 08

Jenison

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2008

Judged:

AshD wrote:
I was on this bus last night. This served as a great warning to all of us involved about the dangers of drinking and driving. Luckily, the warning came through with no one getting hurt.
Ironically, the bar the driver came from was right across the street from teh accident and is where we ended up going to the bathroom while we waited for another bus to come get us.
Please don't drive drunk! A whole lot of people, over 30 young students at that, could have been seriously injured because of one person's bad mistake. Well, also the mistakes of the people who were at the bar and knew she was drunk but let her leave!
Glad to hear that you, and everyone else, involved are ok. I'm also glad that lessons are being learned from this situation!
Curious

Augusta, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2008

AshD wrote:
What school?
CCBG

New London, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2008

Judged:

i'm just glad everyone is alright i had some very good friends of mine on that bus. please let this be a lesson about drinking and driving.
Busmom

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2008

Judged:

I hope they nail that woman AND the owner of the bar that served her to inebriation to the frickin wall!
Annon

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2008

Gull Lake High School
We were on our way back from the Rockford marching band competition.
Curious

Augusta, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2008

Thank you. Thats what i was worried about.. we attended the competition with our child. I am so glad everyone is ok.

“love, loyalty, friendship”

Since: Sep 08

Dutchville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2008

Glad to hear everyone was okay, must have been really scary.
Jon K

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2008

Judged:

she was "treated and released"? hopefully into police custody.
AshD

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2008

Judged:

It really had to be the scariest thing that has ever happened to me. We were just on our way and then all of a sudden, WHAM! no one knew exactly what was going on until our band director got us all under control.
And get this-there's a new law (that we did ahere to) that all objects on a bus need to be kept on your lap or put in a big canvas bag in case of an accident.
Of course, we were all kind of annoyed about having to follow it, seriously, a bus accident? come on...
but thanks to that law, hangers from our uniforms didn't become projectiles, didn't injure anyone.
Things that people did lose grip of could be found 2 or 3 seats ahead of them, and a binder that was under a seat hit someone in front of that seat.
A lot of people started freaking out after about 45 minutes though, just because other people were, but yeah, it is a very good thing nothing serious happend to the students.
And thank you for caring about people on the bus!
From Middleville

Alpena, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2008

Judged:

I tell you what I know this girl, and it really doesn't suprise me.. Although she would have been going South on M-37 if it happened by Adams Rd. It really doesn't suprice me at all!!
Annon

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2008

From what people were saying, she was with a friend doing kareoke who gave her keys and she drove off.
OleWhatsHerName

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2008

Judged:

AshD wrote:
It really had to be the scariest thing that has ever happened to me. We were just on our way and then all of a sudden, WHAM! no one knew exactly what was going on until our band director got us all under control.
And get this-there's a new law (that we did ahere to) that all objects on a bus need to be kept on your lap or put in a big canvas bag in case of an accident.
Of course, we were all kind of annoyed about having to follow it, seriously, a bus accident? come on...
but thanks to that law, hangers from our uniforms didn't become projectiles, didn't injure anyone.
Things that people did lose grip of could be found 2 or 3 seats ahead of them, and a binder that was under a seat hit someone in front of that seat.
A lot of people started freaking out after about 45 minutes though, just because other people were, but yeah, it is a very good thing nothing serious happend to the students.
And thank you for caring about people on the bus!
You kids are awesome and I am so glad you are safe! What a story you will have to tell at school on Monday huh?
Pat S

Allendale, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2008

Judged:

How many dead kids will it take before the courts crack down on drunk drivers?
just me

Holland, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2008

Judged:

Schut??? Isn't that the same name that was involved in the snowmobile accident killing a 17 year old? Wonder if there is any realtion of the two?
shaken up

Kalamazoo, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2008

i was on the second bus and i was really shooken up after the accident. thank God everyone was okay but im sure im not the only one who will never get on a bus the same way again.

Since: Jul 07

Grandville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2008

Judged:

Pat S wrote:
How many dead kids will it take before the courts crack down on drunk drivers?
I agree they need to throw more in jail for a longer period of time. I know someone that got his 5th drunk driving this weekend YES 5TH! guess how much time he spent in jail for his fourth? 30 of 90 days he was suppose to spend. What a crock. It's also doesn't matter if they take their licenses away they drive anyways. Judges need to start becoming hard asses on these idiots.
Krista

Plainwell, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2008

Judged:

I was in the back of the bus when the car hit. i went to the er and they said that im on the border line of a concussion. and a few other students got hurt to but nothing really bad. im just happy that me and all my friends are ok

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Middleville Discussions

Search the Middleville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Obama-Marriage - Caledonia, MI (May '12) Aug 3 Sharon 6
MI 2010 Michigan Primary Election: Did you vote? (Aug '10) Jul 23 gottondas 5,482
MI Who do you support for Secretary of State in Mi... (Oct '10) Jul '14 maeball 169
Wayland bring an unsavory bite of Michigan to T... Jul '14 WaylandFan 1
MI Michigan Felon Politician Ban Amendment, Propos... (Oct '10) Jun '14 lulubell 302
MI Who do you support for Attorney General in Mich... (Oct '10) May '14 Ned Tugent 114
MI Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in M... (Oct '10) May '14 Mike 94
•••
•••
•••
•••

Middleville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Middleville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE