United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2007

Judged:

Why is no one asking the question why food companies, Pet or Human, are buying wheat products from China. To the best of my knowledge the United States still leads the world in it's production of agricultural products. Why in the world are we purchasing food from what is basically a third world country which has, as has been shown time and time again, little or no regulation over food production and safety? WHY ARE WE BUYING WHEAT FROM CHINA???
Mike

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2007

Judged:

I agree Steve. Aren't people starving in China(but thats besides my point). We are still the breadbasket of the world. Is the wheat gluten still cheaper from China after they have to ship it here??(through customs and tariffs) Pet food companies better sit up and take notice. I want my food(pet and otherwise)produced here in the US and Canada. If I have to spend a 1$ or 2$ more for a 25lb bag of petfood so be it. Just print on the bag,'ALL INGRDIENTS PRODUCED IN THE USA'. I would imagine the product would fly off the shelfs. But I guess the profit margin outweighs the need for quality control. A multi-billion dollar industry in which the only critics can utter a 'Woof' or a 'Meow', you(Pet Food Producers) have it MADE! Yet somehow you fell asleep at the wheel. Ultimately its your responsibility to sell safe product here in the US. I live in California and I'm sick of all the lawsuits. But this is one time I hope that the offending companies AND their shareholders feel the bite!
ChowSue

Apo, AE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2012

Judged:

Steve your a pu--ssy tree hugger
Love,
chow =)
Go Blue

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Meanwhile, in Minnesota there was an abundance of sweet corn, and they were prepared to destroy it....during a period of doom and gloom, by the media and the right.....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 4 of4
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Middleville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Middleville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••