Firearms training isa retained despite cuts

Dec 19, 2011 Full story: Middletown Journal

The Hamilton police department spends more per officer on firearms training than departments in Middletown, Fairfield and the Butler County Sheriff's Office, according to a Journal News analysis.

Read more
Robert D McGee

Cincinnati, OH

#1 Dec 19, 2011
Officers with better firearms training are MUCH less apt to shoot before it is needed. They have increased confidence. Proper training with tasers will reduce incidents of improper taser use.
The training budget, which is pitifully small compared to most municipal costs, will look EXCEEEDINGLY small compared to a successful lawsuit for a wrongful death caused by an ill trained officer.
I would like to see MORE training rather than less.
The Journal News should be campaigning for MORE spent on training rather than less.
Smoke

Williamsburg, OH

#2 Dec 19, 2011
I Agree With You If The Police Dont Have The Training And The Proper Firearms RWe all Could Be In Trouble
journal

Fort Thomas, KY

#3 Dec 23, 2011
Robert D McGee wrote:
Officers with better firearms training are MUCH less apt to shoot before it is needed. They have increased confidence. Proper training with tasers will reduce incidents of improper taser use.
The training budget, which is pitifully small compared to most municipal costs, will look EXCEEEDINGLY small compared to a successful lawsuit for a wrongful death caused by an ill trained officer.
I would like to see MORE training rather than less.
The Journal News should be campaigning for MORE spent on training rather than less.
Journal only supports what they deem important

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Middletown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Franklin Township Fire/EMS Levy Vote NO in May ... Mar 25 May 2015 Vote NO 1
Goodpussy Mar 24 Formerfucker 1
Lushelle Lynn Temple - Animal Abuser (Oct '13) Mar 20 AngelFace 52
Franklin Basketball (Mar '13) Mar 19 Saul 3
Jeremy Shane Temple-Dog abuser (Oct '13) Mar 16 Stephen 153
News Bobcats, even cougars, could be on prowl in Ohi... (Feb '08) Mar 12 onthespotmobilede... 73
mariah cooper Mar 5 Who knows 3
Middletown Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Middletown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]