Teachers, sick days and lawyers.

Teachers, sick days and lawyers.

Posted in the Middletown Forum

Anonymous

Harrison, NJ

#1 Oct 7, 2012
Apparently Dr. George wants to have the use of sick days and personal leaves included in the evaluation of teachers in the district.

On some Mondays and Fridays literally hundreds of teachers have called in sick and the district didn't have enough substitute teachers available to fill the positions.

The teacher's union has informed Dr. George that they have contacted two law firms to help them prevent absences from being included in the evaluations.

The union contends that it will prevent teachers from taking legitimate sick days that they are entitled to take off and that:

"it fails to create a positive atmosphere of cooperation between the administration and the staff."

Does routinely taking off Mondays and Fridays create a positive educational experience for the students?

What do you think Dr. George should do to prevent the misuse of sick days?

http://mtea.com/main/documents/newsletters/Ma...

Scroll down to:

"Reporting the use of Sick and
Personal Leave"
Anonymous

Harrison, NJ

#2 Oct 8, 2012
Well that went over like a fart in church.

Anyone know where I can get the best corn stalks?

What's on sale at Whole Foods this week?

Have you heard that new Kenny G cd?

Can you believe they voted whatshisname off the island?

Teachers, schmeachers.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#3 Oct 8, 2012
Usually, I'd say "don't take it personally"! Bur in your caselad, you should!

Nobody but nobody, has any deire to deal with you mate!

Location hidden

#4 Oct 8, 2012
Yeah I know "but, desire" and other all typos!
You sir are an "enigma"!

Location hidden

#5 Oct 8, 2012
Told ya mate, not only is there a lack of interest in local topics here...there just aren't enogh local topics of interest! Your BOE crap isn't cutting it , as you can see ...mate!

Diversity is your only recourse, try it you'll like it!
7vens wrote:
Apparently Dr. George wants to have the use of sick days and personal leaves included in the evaluation of teachers in the district.
On some Mondays and Fridays literally hundreds of teachers have called in sick and the district didn't have enough substitute teachers available to fill the positions.
The teacher's union has informed Dr. George that they have contacted two law firms to help them prevent absences from being included in the evaluations.
The union contends that it will prevent teachers from taking legitimate sick days that they are entitled to take off and that:
"it fails to create a positive atmosphere of cooperation between the administration and the staff."
Does routinely taking off Mondays and Fridays create a positive educational experience for the students?
What do you think Dr. George should do to prevent the misuse of sick days?
http://mtea.com/main/documents/newsletters/Ma...
Scroll down to:
"Reporting the use of Sick and
Personal Leave"
Anonymous

Harrison, NJ

#6 Oct 8, 2012
Back on topic.

Doesn't every employer use attendance when reviewing employee performance?

I think the teacher's union does a lot of good and serves a necessary purpose but I don't get this one.

I don't think lawyering up is going to foster a spirit of cooperation.

Holmdel, NJ

#7 Oct 8, 2012
You are a condescending jerk off and nobody wants to interact with a long winded know-it-all.

And, maybe you will recognize that creating a forum and stirring good conversation in the face of jerks who complain all the time...not so easy!

I would say you can apologize, but that is not in you anyway.
Anonymous

Wayne, NJ

#8 Oct 9, 2012
Perhaps MPG and the others are correct.

Maybe it is not possible to have a viable forum if it is visited by individuals who go from forum to forum destroying them with constant attacks on individuals.

I came to this forum and some people followed me to talk about Middletown. Unfortunately some people followed me to destroy the forum just like they have destroyed the other two Middletown forums.
Long winded know it alls don't destroy forums. It is people who hold grudges for years and endlessly attack individuals trying to avoid them that ruin forums.

Joe, this is the second forum you have followed me to since I left your forum about four years ago. I left your forum, as did everyone else, because of posts like the one above.

Anyone reading here can see who is here to discuss things and who is here for other reasons.

You still have your own Middletown forum, Delphi has an excellent format. Promote it and post there. But I would suggest that purposely trying to destroy this forum, whatever your motivation, is something you should take a look at. I'll let you figure out how to do that.

You want to attack me and have the forum drama that we had years ago? Okay, let's go to NJO and do it. Or I will even go back on my word and post to you on your forum again. But don't bring this nonsense here. It's really getting old and I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels that way.

Holmdel, NJ

#9 Oct 9, 2012
I am discussing things. On a public forum.

Problem is that you want to pick the place where I am allowed to post. Sorry, it does no work that way.

Learn to deal with all posters on a public forum...and one that you don't even pretend to own!

You can't delete, you can't ban and looks like you can't deal.
Anonymous

Wayne, NJ

#10 Oct 10, 2012
I see that you are still angry with me after all these years joe. Let's try to move on. You have my email address from when I registered for your forum.

Let's talk about what is bothering you so that we can put this anger of yours behind us.

It is really unhealthy to carry this resentment for me around for so long joe.

Following me to different forums and harassing me clearly is not helping you to move forward.

You seem to becoming more bitter and angry. That's not supposed to be how it works.

They say that time heals all wounds but the truth is that time heals nothing if you don't spend it wisely.

Clearly you have not changed in five years. It's time to work on it.

Send me an email.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Middletown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Well...how about dem Cowboys? 7 hr Joe Bish 3
New Orange Theory Fitness Opening in Middletown 7 hr Joe Bish 2
College Kids selling books door-to-door scam (Aug '08) Apr 29 rob 85
Jon Bon Jovi (Mar '06) Apr 28 Anthony Scarpuzzi 179
This firing of an AC teacher is disgraceful! Apr 25 DaStraw 26
News Beyond The Bathroom: Transgender Policies Under... Apr 22 Lefty 5
Debate: Gay Marriage - Atlantic Highlands, NJ (Jan '12) Apr 20 Barack Hussein obama 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Middletown Mortgages