I don't think he survived.
7vens

Union, NJ

#2 Sep 17, 2012
That should be Main st,
CONCERNED IN MIDDLETOWN

Middletown, NJ

#3 Sep 17, 2012
HE didnt have a chance the girl that hit him never slowed down and was so close to the truck if he wasnt there she would have hit the truck it was the saddess thing I ever seen in my life why cant people just slow down and watch where they"re going! THEN the girl took off went home and came back saying she was scared and the sun was in her eyes! so Leave the guy laying in the street after you mangled him up agaist the side of his truck forceing his body to twist like a top till he flipped in the air. HOPEFULLY PEOPLE WILL THINK TWICE WHEN GOING TO PASS A TRUCK TO USE A LITTLE COMMON SENSE AND SLOW DOWN AND LOOK BEFORE JUST SPEEDING BY IT

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#4 Sep 17, 2012
Sorry to disagree but there is an alternate viewpoint here that needs to be brought out. I agree with you but think about it please...you stated "HOPEFULLY PEOPLE WILL THINK TWICE WHEN GOING TO PASS A TRUCK TO USE A LITTLE COMMON SENSE AND SLOW DOWN AND LOOK BEFORE JUST SPEEDING BY IT".

Tell me if everybody assumed people to be stupid before proving they are not, wouldn't the prudent thing to do here is walk around the truck from the rear side to see if there was any oncoming traffic before stepping out into the traffic lane?

I'm sorry a life was lost but folks need to take precautions to ensure against the stupidity of others! Can you ever be 100% safe ...NO but you can take steps to improve your odds!
CONCERNED IN MIDDLETOWN wrote:
HE didnt have a chance the girl that hit him never slowed down and was so close to the truck if he wasnt there she would have hit the truck it was the saddess thing I ever seen in my life why cant people just slow down and watch where they"re going! THEN the girl took off went home and came back saying she was scared and the sun was in her eyes! so Leave the guy laying in the street after you mangled him up agaist the side of his truck forceing his body to twist like a top till he flipped in the air. HOPEFULLY PEOPLE WILL THINK TWICE WHEN GOING TO PASS A TRUCK TO USE A LITTLE COMMON SENSE AND SLOW DOWN AND LOOK BEFORE JUST SPEEDING BY IT
7vens

Hewitt, NJ

#5 Sep 17, 2012
Apparently she was headed right for the back of the truck and slammed on her brakes and swerved to avoid the truck at the last minute and hit the man who was standing next to it.

I am not buying the sun in her eyes claim. If you are so blinded by the sun that you can't see something the size of a box truck, you slow down.

I hate to say it but I would have to think she was texting or dialing her phone or something like that. I see it every day. Sometimes they are holding the phone with two hands on top of the steering wheel as they speed by texting.

I believe the man was working for his son who owned the business.

It's just tragic. Many lives will be changed forever and a father is gone because of a moment of carelessness.
7vens

Hewitt, NJ

#6 Sep 17, 2012
"Tell me if everybody assumed people to be stupid before proving they are not, wouldn't the prudent thing to do here is walk around the truck from the rear side to see if there was any oncoming traffic before stepping out into the traffic lane?"

He did not step into oncoming traffic. He walked around the back of the truck towards the front after putting the gate down.

He was struck from behind, not by oncoming traffic.

To blame this poor man in any way for what happened is ridiculous.

Straw, you said you were not going to post here unless we rubbed you the wrong way. This thread has nothing to do with you. Dear God, go away. You and dive have the NJO forum to yourselves. Please don't bring your nonsense here and chase everyone from this forum too.

Location hidden

#7 Sep 17, 2012
The "sun in her eyes" claim is just as valid as your texting/dialing assumption until the facts are asertained.

But either way, my suggestion about walking around the rear of the truck to view the oncoming traffic is appropriate because it would have given the victim a view of the oncoming traffic headed for the truck!

Location hidden

#8 Sep 17, 2012
And here ya go again 7vens, with your "horses arse side" that always manages to surface in almost every topic you enter into.
This response first of all was to an individual who apparently has suffered a tragic loss. Second, my post blamed no one it just discussed the facts as disclosed by this poster. Lastly, since this post was not directed to you nor was it about you you have a pair of balz to tell me that I promised you I wouldn't post here. It a public forum and you are indeed a horses ass to try to change this tragic thread into a subject about you. You are an insignificant piss ant lad, and I despise you!
\
7vens wrote:
"Tell me if everybody assumed people to be stupid before proving they are not, wouldn't the prudent thing to do here is walk around the truck from the rear side to see if there was any oncoming traffic before stepping out into the traffic lane?"
He did not step into oncoming traffic. He walked around the back of the truck towards the front after putting the gate down.
He was struck from behind, not by oncoming traffic.
To blame this poor man in any way for what happened is ridiculous.
Straw, you said you were not going to post here unless we rubbed you the wrong way. This thread has nothing to do with you. Dear God, go away. You and dive have the NJO forum to yourselves. Please don't bring your nonsense here and chase everyone from this forum too.

Location hidden

#10 Sep 17, 2012
Sorry for your loss, I said what I felt nececessary to say here and I hope you understand. And I'm very sorry that this thread went off topic because of another individual and my reaction to his idiotic commentary. I've asked him to start a new thread and I hope he does show some class. Either way, you have my word I'll not post any further in this thread.
e i

Location hidden

#11 Sep 17, 2012
Gd'nite mates!
7vens

Hewitt, NJ

#12 Sep 18, 2012
"But either way, my suggestion about walking around the rear of the truck to view the oncoming traffic is appropriate because it would have given the victim a view of the oncoming traffic headed for the truck!"

Listen, the man did walk around the rear of the truck. He had just lowered the gate/ramp so that he could take the lawn equipment out of the truck. He was struck from behind by a vehicle traveling in the same direction that the truck was facing. It was 7:30 in the morning, probably his first stop. Maybe the gate was locked and he was putting the keys back in the cab of the truck.

This man did absolutely nothing wrong and for you to suggest that he in any way contributed to his own death is callous, abominable and typical of you.

There is nothing that could have saved this man from someone who, for whatever reason, did not see where they were going. The fact that you could suggest that this man might still be alive if only he had been more like you is exactly the kind of pompous attitude that drove everyone off the NJO forum.

Location hidden

#13 Sep 18, 2012
Perhaps you missed this....

"Sorry for your loss, I said what I felt nececessary to say here and I hope you understand. And I'm very sorry that this thread went off topic because of another individual and my reaction to his idiotic commentary. I've asked him to start a new thread and I hope he does show some class. Either way, you have my word I'll not post any further in this thread."

I keep my word and you can read my follow up on NJO which implies you're an idiot! Now come over and prove it!
7vens wrote:
"But either way, my suggestion about walking around the rear of the truck to view the oncoming traffic is appropriate because it would have given the victim a view of the oncoming traffic headed for the truck!"
Listen, the man did walk around the rear of the truck. He had just lowered the gate/ramp so that he could take the lawn equipment out of the truck. He was struck from behind by a vehicle traveling in the same direction that the truck was facing. It was 7:30 in the morning, probably his first stop. Maybe the gate was locked and he was putting the keys back in the cab of the truck.
This man did absolutely nothing wrong and for you to suggest that he in any way contributed to his own death is callous, abominable and typical of you.
There is nothing that could have saved this man from someone who, for whatever reason, did not see where they were going. The fact that you could suggest that this man might still be alive if only he had been more like you is exactly the kind of pompous attitude that drove everyone off the NJO forum.
CONCERNED IN MIDDLETOWN

Middletown, NJ

#14 Sep 18, 2012
RIP Lou noboby really knows if she was in fact texting,but what I do know is she never stopped and had that mans legs pinned up againt the side of the truck and had she stopped he might not have died but she left the scene and never braked and ya,he did walk to the cab to put something in there turn around and she was on him. so close to the truck she had his legs pinned between the front of her car and the truck and she just keep going.she came back to the scene 20muns later saying she got scared.

Location hidden

#15 Sep 18, 2012
Thanks and you are right, the details/facts are still outstanding. Its a tragedy anyway you look at it for both parties!
RIP Lou noboby really knows if she was in fact texting,but what I do know is she never stopped and had that mans legs pinned up againt the side of the truck and had she stopped he might not have died but she left the scene and never braked and ya,he did walk to the cab to put something in there turn around and she was on him. so close to the truck she had his legs pinned between the front of her car and the truck and she just keep going.she came back to the scene 20muns later saying she got scared.
7vens

Hewitt, NJ

#16 Sep 18, 2012
There was at least one eye witness who I'm sure called EMS when it happened. I don't think he could have been saved even if she did stop.

She panicked and initially went home, but she did the right thing and returned.
CONCERNED IN MIDDLETOWN

Middletown, NJ

#17 Sep 18, 2012
ya, at least she did come back but probley only cause she knew there was " indeed" an eye witness. you do have to pray for both sides involed cause if they check her cell phone records and find out she was on the phone shes gonna really be in big trouble.hopefully she wasnt for her sake.
7vens

Hewitt, NJ

#18 Sep 19, 2012
It is eerily like that anti driving-while-texting PS commercial on TV where someone runs into a parked car while texting.

I too hope is was just inexperience and sun glare. Tragic.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Middletown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Horn of plenty grocery store Mar 28 Charles 1
nursing test banks Mar '18 New Balance 3
Atlantic Highland Herald's forums.......... Mar '18 7vens 1
Review: Mr Good Lube 10 Minute Oil Inc (Aug '08) Feb '18 7vens 29
I lost Warrior's business card Jan '18 7vens 3
I luv newjersey Jan '18 7vens 2
Dastraw on Gov. Christie: A Retrospective Jan '18 7vens 1

Middletown Jobs

Personal Finance

Middletown Mortgages