Dangerous n Weird
Definition Of Hypocrite

Nerinx, KY

#1 Jan 29, 2013
When a person gets religious mail, like free booklets & things, then you hear same person handling God's name in vain clear as day & loud over non sense,vents(cursing) over certain thing then says it's ok minutes later in same breath. Now to me this is the most dangerous way to live, that's how we were taught, we were told by very reliable source this person is on lot of medication for personality disorders, acts out then in same breath friendly. This person I'm speaking of is round 40ish, family by marriage. Do I overlook this person, act as if they are invisible or stand my ground like I normally would in a normal situation? I almost felt sorry for them, laughed but after I thought about it, I don't know other than what kind of person that believes in God or wants you to think they do, handling God's name in vain out in public over nonsense. We live close to this person so I have had to turn my head, say nothing, do best I can to keep peace until incident with the cursing & it was directed at me over one of our animals in their yard, animal that this person was seen petting earlier today, animal that don't bother anybody & that's been going in their yard for 2 years with no complaints till this person vented at me for no reason. Me & this person hadn't communicated in any way for 2 years before this. To me it's not worth the drama, I just came in my house, but I don't have the strength to keep taking it. I'm hurt, upset, & most of all confused. I'm not living like a prisoner period, I just want to keep peace.
A T H E I S T

Nerinx, KY

#2 Jan 29, 2013
Deal with him based on his behavior, not his religion.
Since you realize he's a hypocrite, and you are comfortable in your own belief system, you certainly don't have to adopt his mannerisms or beliefs.

If he's a violent, abusive person, simply avoid him. If you can't avoid him 100%, avoid him as much as possible. Don't try to change his beliefs by encouraging debate; he'll only become offended and that won't produce the peace you say you want.

Live your life and let him live his.
Definition Of Hypocrite

Georgetown, KY

#4 Jan 30, 2013
Well it is me that lived this, I guess I have to deal with this best way I know how, have had trouble with same person in past over dumb stuff so this wasn't shocking, I don't judge nor expect anbody to live like another, this persons beliefs has nothing to do with their actions toward me for no reason, other people that knows this person & knows the situation thinks it was their way of lashing out at me, didn't have nothing to do with the animal, now we haven't spoke in 2 years nor had any contact so who knows. Just wanted other opinions but at the end of the day it's us that has to deal with this unusual behavior. I get along with everybody to a certain point, if it feels weird I stay away. It just blew us away hearing this person handling God's name, I guess we thought this person was closer to God. We don't go to church, we don't claim to be perfect but it was just weird for the way the person seemed. Who talks like that anyway? That was my point.
My Opinion

Paris, KY

#5 Jan 31, 2013
I read your post, I understand completely what kind of person you are describing, I have family members that are same way, I don't think the other person that posted really understood your post, you didn't say you thought this person didn't believe in God at all, you posted this person is living or trying to live both ways (straddling the fence), going to church on Sunday then cursing on Monday right? Yes we also we're told as kids this was wrong way to live, live one way or other. I'm around same kind of people in my family, you really don't know how to take them, don't know how they are going to treat you one minute to the next, in my opinion, this person wants TROUBLE, my advice for you steer clear best you can, medication or not this type of person is dangerous, they play with your emotions. They take your kindness as weakness as a power play for themselves. Trust me, live your peaceful life, in my experience with same type of people, they are miserable, they want everybody else to be also. Controlling, jealously, and just pure evil minded. You sound like you want peace, you sound like you deserve peace. Don't allow this person get under your skin. Just let them be miserable alone.
PITBULL DEVILMAN

Murray, KY

#6 Jan 31, 2013
My Opinion wrote:
I read your post, I understand completely what kind of person you are describing, I have family members that are same way, I don't think the other person that posted really understood your post, you didn't say you thought this person didn't believe in God at all, you posted this person is living or trying to live both ways (straddling the fence), going to church on Sunday then cursing on Monday right? Yes we also we're told as kids this was wrong way to live, live one way or other. I'm around same kind of people in my family, you really don't know how to take them, don't know how they are going to treat you one minute to the next, in my opinion, this person wants TROUBLE, my advice for you steer clear best you can, medication or not this type of person is dangerous, they play with your emotions. They take your kindness as weakness as a power play for themselves. Trust me, live your peaceful life, in my experience with same type of people, they are miserable, they want everybody else to be also. Controlling, jealously, and just pure evil minded. You sound like you want peace, you sound like you deserve peace. Don't allow this person get under your skin. Just let them be miserable alone.
People Like you are nuts. Just because a person chooses not to believe in your fairy tales, does not make them miserable or evil.Believers are the "dangerous" ones, and some of you (not all) are the "weird ones".Talking in tongues is just plain hogwash, and jumping around, rolling around the floor like a retarded person. Shove it up your ass!!!!!
My Opinion

Richmond, KY

#7 Feb 1, 2013
Yea I could of guessed a post like this from a half-right human, fried on pills.First off I'm not the person that started this post, I don't have clue who started post nor who they were talking about, or who you are and furthermore don't care, Who said anything about that type of religion? I think the person posting was referring to a mentally insane person if you ask me, whether they worship God or not has nothing to do with their state of mind, I think if a person loves God, don't matter which religion they believe in, just that they believe in God,whether they jump up then down, holler, or whatever, if they have morals, treat other people best they can, the way they expect to be treated. I just posted back to post because I also have same type of people around me, from experience I know these type of people are very hard to live with, the way you are posting you may be one also? That's my conclusion. What other reason would you be reading this thread or posting furious for that matter? I'm laughing right now, I am. People LIKE YOU loves to think they are in CONTROL, well this is a PUBLIC forum, so post away, read all you want, not hurting me nor anybody else. I would VENT some where else thou, may feel better than online to people you don't even know. WOW! Go back in your dark room, take a Prozac and lay down, do us all a favor, stay calm ok...Feels better to be nice.
PITBULL DEVILMAN

Murray, KY

#8 Feb 1, 2013
My Opinion wrote:
Yea I could of guessed a post like this from a half-right human, fried on pills.First off I'm not the person that started this post, I don't have clue who started post nor who they were talking about, or who you are and furthermore don't care, Who said anything about that type of religion? I think the person posting was referring to a mentally insane person if you ask me, whether they worship God or not has nothing to do with their state of mind, I think if a person loves God, don't matter which religion they believe in, just that they believe in God,whether they jump up then down, holler, or whatever, if they have morals, treat other people best they can, the way they expect to be treated. I just posted back to post because I also have same type of people around me, from experience I know these type of people are very hard to live with, the way you are posting you may be one also? That's my conclusion. What other reason would you be reading this thread or posting furious for that matter? I'm laughing right now, I am. People LIKE YOU loves to think they are in CONTROL, well this is a PUBLIC forum, so post away, read all you want, not hurting me nor anybody else. I would VENT some where else thou, may feel better than online to people you don't even know. WOW! Go back in your dark room, take a Prozac and lay down, do us all a favor, stay calm ok...Feels better to be nice.
I do not do drugs or drink alcohol for your information. You just proved my point, well sort of. So you say that everything is all good if a person believes in god. If they don t , well then that makes them evil or mental.Bullshit!!!There is no god, no devil or any of that garbage .I m laughing my ass off at you because you are delusional . Yes everyone has a right to believe in what ever they choose to believe in and just because a person chooses not to believe in what you think is real, does not give you the right to think any less of them .I do have many friends of different cultures , race and religions .By the way, tell me. How many Atheists do you see knocking on peoples doors HUH???? LOL, Yes, that s what I thought .That is all...
My Opinion

Richmond, KY

#9 Feb 2, 2013
My Opinion wrote:
Speaking of taking a Prozac, I forgot to take mine before I posted. Forgive me, y'all.
PITBULL DEVILMAN

Richmond, KY

#10 Feb 2, 2013
My Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of taking a Prozac, I forgot to take mine before I posted. Forgive me, y'all.
Well I apologize too. After I read mine I realized what a lunatic I sounded like.
I missed my Xanax dose I guess. No problem and peace 2 you. I was raised in a Christian home myself, just backslid over the years.
PITBULL DEVILMAN

Murray, KY

#11 Feb 2, 2013
PITBULL DEVILMAN wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I apologize too. After I read mine I realized what a lunatic I sounded like.
I missed my Xanax dose I guess. No problem and peace 2 you. I was raised in a Christian home myself, just backslid over the years.
Haaa,haaaa. Funny!!!!!
My Opinion

Richmond, KY

#12 Feb 2, 2013
Very smart right? Posting back and forth as me(My Opinion) talking to yourself online, YOU PROVED MY POINT, very lonesome, depressed person it seems. Now on the subject of God, I don't push/expect anything that I believe in on anyone else, I think that's a very attractive quality for each of us to do our own thing, have our own life, whether it be church, clothes, food, vehicles, ETC! BTW that's what makes us all different, interesting, not so boring, imagine if we were all the same how quick we would all get tired of one another, want a change. I love different, that don't always mean it's a bad thing. Now not believing either way, you got me there, never met anyone that doesn't believe one way or other, not wanting to really. I know some people say it's hard to believe in things or someone you can't see, well I look at it this way, it's better to believe in God, take my chances, because if I don't & there is that can't be good for any of us. So you do your thang, live way you feel makes you content, that's what I will do. Thing about ATHEISTS, there's not many people that admit they don't believe in God out loud because I'm seeing more that does & taking their chances for good life later. PS: I don't take any kind of pills other than ALEVE for migraines, I don't need any meds for anything, I'm a health freak, love how it makes me feel to know I'm doing best I can to take good care of myself, have never even drank coffee, nor smoked ANYTHING EVER, not bragging but there's so many babies o-ding on other peoples pills, I hate it, didn't say I was against meds if person needs them, now that don't mean prescribed them, I said NEED THEM. I'm not on here to bash no one, just get opinions of my experiences with a person but this is topix, I expected some to make it a argument post, don't bother me either way, I'm happy, content, & living a very content peaceful life with or without HATE, I grin and bear it, I pray I'm as good of person as I can be cause that's what I expect, If I don't get kindness, oh well, not my problem, it's other persons, I will sleep good.
wise old man

Richmond, KY

#13 Feb 8, 2013
PITBULL DEVILMAN wrote:
<quoted text>People Like you are nuts. Just because a person chooses not to believe in your fairy tales, does not make them miserable or evil.Believers are the "dangerous" ones, and some of you (not all) are the "weird ones".Talking in tongues is just plain hogwash, and jumping around, rolling around the floor like a retarded person. Shove it up your ass!!!!!
there was no need in that
ZZpeak

Tucker, GA

#14 Feb 8, 2013
Men dream of angels! The Anti -Theist drools on fairies!
Boyz

Dexter, MO

#15 Feb 8, 2013
My Opinion wrote:
Very smart right? Posting back and forth as me(My Opinion) talking to yourself online, YOU PROVED MY POINT, very lonesome, depressed person it seems. Now on the subject of God, I don't push/expect anything that I believe in on anyone else, I think that's a very attractive quality for each of us to do our own thing, have our own life, whether it be church, clothes, food, vehicles, ETC! BTW that's what makes us all different, interesting, not so boring, imagine if we were all the same how quick we would all get tired of one another, want a change. I love different, that don't always mean it's a bad thing. Now not believing either way, you got me there, never met anyone that doesn't believe one way or other, not wanting to really. I know some people say it's hard to believe in things or someone you can't see, well I look at it this way, it's better to believe in God, take my chances, because if I don't & there is that can't be good for any of us. So you do your thang, live way you feel makes you content, that's what I will do. Thing about ATHEISTS, there's not many people that admit they don't believe in God out loud because I'm seeing more that does & taking their chances for good life later. PS: I don't take any kind of pills other than ALEVE for migraines, I don't need any meds for anything, I'm a health freak, love how it makes me feel to know I'm doing best I can to take good care of myself, have never even drank coffee, nor smoked ANYTHING EVER, not bragging but there's so many babies o-ding on other peoples pills, I hate it, didn't say I was against meds if person needs them, now that don't mean prescribed them, I said NEED THEM. I'm not on here to bash no one, just get opinions of my experiences with a person but this is topix, I expected some to make it a argument post, don't bother me either way, I'm happy, content, & living a very content peaceful life with or without HATE, I grin and bear it, I pray I'm as good of person as I can be cause that's what I expect, If I don't get kindness, oh well, not my problem, it's other persons, I will sleep good.
You are a mental case!!!
sing

Concord, NC

#16 Feb 8, 2013
Intolerance is bad. Love your sisters and brothers as I have loved you...Who said that?
PITBULL DEVILMAN

Murray, KY

#18 Feb 9, 2013
Boyz wrote:
<quoted text>You are a mental case!!!
I agree!
My Opinion

Pikeville, KY

#19 Feb 10, 2013
How so? At least I'm not posting back n forth to myself like you are. This thread was started for others opinions, not wise cracks that like to post just to be posting. Have you ever heard it takes one to know or recognize one? Well do you talk to yourself very often? I've heard there is a room & meds for that. Like I posted, YOU PROVED MY POINT, I've not had to post anything else, you are doing a VERY good job proving YOU ARE half there. Thanks, you just made this easy for me...Hilarious.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Middlesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Worthless Father 6 min Woes for Hoes 15
whats going on at Binghamtown Church??? (Aug '11) 1 hr come on 163
Disability 2 hr WantChange 35
d moore gettin married (Jun '09) 2 hr Shannon 7
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 hr CriminalForever 158,137
It's January! New School Board Where's the Cryb... 4 hr parent 43
Fat kid Napier drive 7 hr Karma 15

Middlesboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Middlesboro Mortgages