Who is a Good Landlord to rent from?

Posted in the Middlesboro Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Need help

United States

#1 Jun 1, 2010
I am a single mom that has worked since 16 and in my mid 30's, and now I am unable to work because of severe medical probs, and I am having to leave my house I love that I have rented forever to move in a place that would have to be Sect 8/ HUD approved. I am NOT a lazy person or mental before those comments come rollin in. I have just fell on really hard times. My son has asthma and I want a decent apt. or home for us. Anyone know of any good landlords that accept Sect 8? I need help finding someone within 6 weeks deadline!!!!! Thanks...
uhhhhmmmm

Winchester, KY

#3 Jun 1, 2010
i would recommend applying at the housing authority and trying to get an apartment at west end. i lived there for almost 3 years, never had any trouble, always quiet. they can get you in quick. as for section 8/hud, have you already signed up and all? it may be somewhat of a wait if you haven't. also...if you are disabled, there are apartments behind the honda shop on i think it's 13th street... cumberland woods.. they are only for disabled people. i am not sure what the wait is there, but it is worth looking into!
concerned citizen

Middlesboro, KY

#4 Jun 2, 2010
uhhhhmmmm wrote:
i would recommend applying at the housing authority and trying to get an apartment at west end. i lived there for almost 3 years, never had any trouble, always quiet. they can get you in quick. as for section 8/hud, have you already signed up and all? it may be somewhat of a wait if you haven't. also...if you are disabled, there are apartments behind the honda shop on i think it's 13th street... cumberland woods.. they are only for disabled people. i am not sure what the wait is there, but it is worth looking into!
She has a child. The apts. behind the Honda shop does not allow children.
Need Help

United States

#5 Jun 2, 2010
Already applied and approved for Sect 8. I just have to find something to rent. I would prefer a house, but will take a decent apt. It just can't be a slum like a lot of the Sect 8/ HUD places around here. I know some of the bad Landlords....no names being mentioned....but I can't find anyplace open that is decent, and my son can't live in a place with mold or not taken care of. Any suggestions....
uhhhhmmmm

Winchester, KY

#6 Jun 2, 2010
Need Help wrote:
Already applied and approved for Sect 8. I just have to find something to rent. I would prefer a house, but will take a decent apt. It just can't be a slum like a lot of the Sect 8/ HUD places around here. I know some of the bad Landlords....no names being mentioned....but I can't find anyplace open that is decent, and my son can't live in a place with mold or not taken care of. Any suggestions....
i know that public housing has a bad rep, but i really did like it at west end. it wasn't slummy at all. ruth was really nice and sweet, and always understanding. the maintainence men were always right there to fix something if needed. my sister is handicap and lives at rennie gayle, it's nice as well.
uhhhhmmmm

Winchester, KY

#7 Jun 2, 2010
concerned citizen wrote:
<quoted text> She has a child. The apts. behind the Honda shop does not allow children.
she didn't say how old the child was...and i didn't know what the rules there are. i didn't think it would hurt her to just give them a call and tell them her situation. they may not be able to rent to her, but they may know someone who could!
info

Ripley, TN

#8 Jun 2, 2010
Need Help wrote:
section 8 usually has a list of landlords,ask them.
Need help

Clay City, KY

#9 Jun 2, 2010
info wrote:
<quoted text>section 8 usually has a list of landlords,ask them.
I already did, they gave me three names and numbers and none of them have any open apts. or homes right now.
Check Him

Cawood, KY

#10 Jun 2, 2010
Robert Stevens rents through hud you might want to check with him.I don't know his phone # but he lives in the great big white house on the coner of winchester and 24th st,and he has nice houses.I also think he is going to have a nice little house soon on the new wilson lane.
well

Ripley, TN

#11 Jun 2, 2010
Need help wrote:
<quoted text>I already did, they gave me three names and numbers and none of them have any open apts. or homes right now.
try JaY Hamlett-2486970,also cumberlane village,colonial heights(queensberry)
concerned citizen

Middlesboro, KY

#12 Jun 2, 2010
Robert Stephens. With a "ph" if that helps.
Need help

United States

#13 Jun 2, 2010
I have tried Robert Stevens, but I have not tried Jay Hamlett....thank everyone. I am hoping to find something soon....they gave me 6 weeks for the vouchers, but it looks like it may take me 6 weeks to find a decent place I can stay.
cstephens

United States

#14 Jun 3, 2010
it robert stephens and no he has none right now
unknown

Richmond, KY

#15 Nov 18, 2010
i tell anybody don't get the bitch karren spade
Help

Chesterfield, MO

#16 Nov 19, 2010
Raymond walker accepts hud and takes very good care of his places.....he has apartments and houses 4 rent he has alot so u might have some luck
OMG

United States

#17 Nov 20, 2010
who is your landlord now, how much rent can you pay and how old is the child?
sheew

United States

#18 Nov 20, 2010
Help wrote:
Raymond walker accepts hud and takes very good care of his places.....he has apartments and houses 4 rent he has alot so u might have some luck
Some of his stuff looks like someone else's trash (you know who) yards piled full of gargage, I've seen nasty carpets and holes in the walls. UGH
Jim Jones

United States

#19 Nov 20, 2010
Help wrote:
I know raymond walker. All of his places are junk and some of the people in them aren't any better. He rents to pill heads or just anybody that has the money to give him. He doesn't take care of his places either. There's a couple of houses that he rents out to some people that are falling apart. He needs to take some of his money and fix them houses up, because the roof is getting ready to cave in on one of them and the other is in some bad need of new siding. I would go to George Fisher for a place before i would go to raymond.
renter

Middlesboro, KY

#20 Nov 21, 2010
If you would live in a mobile home, call JC Meredith. He rents to people on HUD>
too funny

Middlesboro, KY

#21 Nov 21, 2010
Help wrote:
raymond walker lmao shacks is what he,s got

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Middlesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Self Absorbed Pervert Selfie Post 2 1 hr thetruth 1
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr umoron 147,265
What is Middlesboro missing? 6 hr lol 36
New host @Cracker Barrel 7 hr Lookingfortheangel 1
Ugly girls that think they are hot (Dec '13) 7 hr Stuffandthangs 67
self refind criminal enterprise 12 hr The truth 6
...... Hello 13 hr yoyoyo 29
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Middlesboro Mortgages