What going up at 4way bp
Curious

Somerset, KY

#1 Jun 13, 2012
What building is going up behind the 4 way BP? If it another set of "projects" I think I am going to puke! Not meant to offend anyone as I am more than happy for my tax dollars to pay for anyone who cannot help themselves. But I am not sure how many more able bodied people I can support!
mrr 40965

Murray, KY

#2 Jun 13, 2012
aint that the truth i work 70 hrs a week and by the time i can get ss it will be no longer.... and its a funnel home
Curious

Somerset, KY

#3 Jun 13, 2012
Must be a huge funeral home. Wow. I feel bad for my comment (a little) not that I did not that I did not mean it but probably should not have written it. I wrk two jobs to make ends meet and just get aggravated when I feel like people need to take care of themselves if they can and Middlesboro has very little middle class left.
smh

Brownsville, TN

#4 Jun 13, 2012
It is indeed, a funeral home. However, not everybody that lives in the "projects" receive assistance. Believe it or not, even they work!! Not everybody in the "projects" needs your tax dollars. I too, work and don't receive assistance. As this may be none of my business, I get so tired of people on here talking about someone who may need assistance.(I know, I know you said you didn't mind ppl that needed it, but didn't want to take care of someone who can take care of themselves). I agree that is frustrating. Not specifically talking about you, but there are soooo many that bitch! You never know when you may lose your job, then you are asking for assistance. Although, you may be able to take care of yourself, jobs are not easy to come by (I am VERY thankful for mine btw) But, there are people with children and that is their only way to provide. I think you should understand someone's story instead of judging them for needing help! I know many many people who have searched high and low and for a long time for a job. That does not make them scum. And just because someone lives in an apartment, doesn't mean they are on welfare!!!!
Geo

Fulton, KY

#5 Jun 13, 2012
How do you turn someone in for illegally living off the government
My two cents

United States

#6 Jun 14, 2012
Almost 90% of the ones in Middlesboro that are on welfare hollering they are disabled are young people from ages 19-30. All it is is lazyness. Their parents should've give them an ass whooping when they were young spoiled kids. Now they are spoiled adults who act as tho everyone owes them. Get off your butts and get a JOB and support your ownself and the kids you made. Everyone knows what creates babies so just because you have kids is no excuse to live off the goverment. Welfare and foodstamps were created to help people get on their feet it was not intended for a way of life!
Report Them

Winchester, KY

#7 Jun 14, 2012
Geo wrote:
How do you turn someone in for illegally living off the government
To the Social Security office or the foot stamp office or both, most of time Social Security Office will take care of it & your name is anonymous.
Well

Winchester, KY

#8 Jun 14, 2012
If U have a job and dont need assistance get OUT of the project and let some older unfortunate person on a low fixed income have that apartment!!!!
wow

Kittanning, PA

#9 Jun 15, 2012
Well wrote:
If U have a job and dont need assistance get OUT of the project and let some older unfortunate person on a low fixed income have that apartment!!!!
sadly that is about the only rental places in Middlesboro! Good luck finding a landlord with something open, and a landlord who takes care of his properties. I have family that live in the housing authority (older people) and those places are better taken care of than most other places. They need to build some nice apartments around there for folks who aren't on assistance.
Just saying

United States

#10 Jun 15, 2012
The money you spend on rent you could buy a place. I would be looking for a rent to own place if I was having to pay rent.
nada

United States

#11 Jun 15, 2012
I wouldn't make any loan agreements with anyone with the economy as it it. Renting is a good thing at this time. WHY DOESN'T SOMEONE down there help to get the peeps on their feet. You could take a person in and find them a job. If it's away from there, help them move. If local, help with transportation and child care. Don't kick other's when they are down. Give them a handup.
smh

Brownsville, TN

#12 Jun 16, 2012
Well wrote:
If U are talking about me, I didn't say I live in the "projects", and I don't. I was simply saying that not everybody that does needs your assistance. Just because somebody does work and try to help themselves, doesn't mean that they make the best money and doesn't mean they can automatically buy a house. I would imagine that 90% of jobs in Middlesboro pay minimun wage. Don't think anybody's gonna be buying a house on minimun wage, do you? As for myself, I do not live in the projects and I do earn more than minimum wage, but I am not rich. I pay taxes too. Don't know why ppl bitch about it so much, after all...most get it back anyway. I do not consider myself better than anybody because I have a decent job. And, neither should you! You should be thankful that you have a job and don't live in the "projects" instead of judging people who may not be as fortunate. So typical of someone to judge every single person that has or does live in the projects just because their rent may be a little cheaper! Those "projects" keep innocent children from being homeless, whose parents would have no other place to go. So, go ahead and pretend like you are better that them. Then, remember every word you said when something happens and you may need someone's assistance. Or, you could climb down off that high horse of yours, and pretend to be a human for just a little while.
chelsey

Corbin, KY

#13 Jun 26, 2012
Like we need more funeral homes damn, they need to stop waisting money and help people in this shit hole.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Middlesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 42 min CriminalForever 158,138
MHS Basketball 2 hr AnotherSatisfiedC... 2
It's January! New School Board Where's the Cryb... 2 hr AnotherSatisfiedC... 45
d moore gettin married (Jun '09) 2 hr peter 8
whats going on at Binghamtown Church??? (Aug '11) 2 hr A guess 168
Worthless Father 3 hr Coal Miner 17
Disability 6 hr WantChange 35

Middlesboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Middlesboro Mortgages