Are You Better Off After Four Years o...

Are You Better Off After Four Years of Obama?

Posted in the Middlesboro Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Cranky1

Versailles, KY

#1 Sep 5, 2012
"Ask yourself,'Are you better off now than you were four years ago?-No. Is it easier for you to go and buy things in the stores than it was four years ago?-No. Is there more or less unemployment in the country than there was four years ago?-No Is America as respected throughout the world as it was?”-No.

-The answer to all the above is clearly a resounding---NO!
believer of the truth

Dyer, TN

#2 Sep 6, 2012
Cranky1 wrote:
"Ask yourself,'Are you better off now than you were four years ago?-No. Is it easier for you to go and buy things in the stores than it was four years ago?-No. Is there more or less unemployment in the country than there was four years ago?-No Is America as respected throughout the world as it was?”-No.
-The answer to all the above is clearly a resounding---NO!
sometimes, NO, means yes!!!
America

United States

#3 Sep 6, 2012
Where I grew up no means no you think we're bad off now keep Obama in office 4 more years and see how bad thing's will be America wont be America any more it will be Muslim America

Since: Sep 12

Heres Your Sign

#4 Sep 6, 2012
Yes I am much much better off today than when Bush left office. But unlike you rubes I don't depend on COAL for all aspects of my life. The world is changing change with it or get left behind. If you don't like this then heres your sign!!
Cranky1

Versailles, KY

#5 Sep 7, 2012

-Many a rapes have occurred because of this line of thinking. Just like the way obama is raping the country, destroying jobs and spirit.

-No, means NO.
Cranky2

Dyer, TN

#6 Sep 7, 2012
Cranky1 the Troll wrote:
Yes I am much much better off today than when Bush left office. But unlike you rubes I don't depend on COAL for all aspects of my life. The world is changing change with it or get left behind. If you don't like this then heres your sign!!
I don't agree w/ everything George W. did as president. The Iraq war was not needed and ran the deficit up. However, for 7 years as president wasn't so bad. The stock market dropped after the world trade center attack. The country was placed on hold, but the country bounced back. The stock market broke the 14,000 mark for the first and only time in history. People had jobs and were spending money. Times were much better than they are now. The last year of Bush wasn't as good. The economy was weakening and people were losing jobs. But even then, times were not as bad as they are now. Obama took a bad situation and has made it worse. He rattled off some numbers at the DNC that sounded good and may be true. But we as citizens do not care if one part of the government is doing good or if one institution has created new jobs. We care about how we are doing. We are not better than we were 4 yrs ago. Gas prices have doubled and unemployment is over 8%.
believer of the truth

Dyer, TN

#7 Sep 7, 2012
Cranky1 wrote:
-Many a rapes have occurred because of this line of thinking. Just like the way obama is raping the country, destroying jobs and spirit.
-No, means NO.
i was not referring to rape, we know where your mind is!!!
believer of the truth

Dyer, TN

#8 Sep 7, 2012
Cranky2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't agree w/ everything George W. did as president. The Iraq war was not needed and ran the deficit up. However, for 7 years as president wasn't so bad. The stock market dropped after the world trade center attack. The country was placed on hold, but the country bounced back. The stock market broke the 14,000 mark for the first and only time in history. People had jobs and were spending money. Times were much better than they are now. The last year of Bush wasn't as good. The economy was weakening and people were losing jobs. But even then, times were not as bad as they are now. Obama took a bad situation and has made it worse. He rattled off some numbers at the DNC that sounded good and may be true. But we as citizens do not care if one part of the government is doing good or if one institution has created new jobs. We care about how we are doing. We are not better than we were 4 yrs ago. Gas prices have doubled and unemployment is over 8%.
when, BAD TIMES BUSH, left office, the damage had already been done... it was a domino effect and was hard to stop and kept going for another year before OBAMAS, policies started to work, so that makes about 2 years and 8 months, that OBAMAS, policies have been in effect... for what this country, to come out of times like we just went through, it is a slow process... just like it was with the GREAT RECESSION, from the start, until it hit bottom, was about 2 years... so you know, it aint going to turn around over night...
Cranky1

Versailles, KY

#9 Sep 7, 2012
-Yeah if we continue with obama's policies of job destruction according to several economist we are looking at 2025 to get back to Bush level era unemployment rates, that is if they don't cook the books.

-Keynesian economic policies failed in the 1930's, they failed in the 1970's and they are failing again. For a bunch of people who always claim to be the smartest bunch in the room they are dirt dumb when it comes to business and economics and just keep doing the same old crap.

-We can't wait for obama's policies anymore, he is breaking the country financially and dividing us with class and race warfare, he needs to be sent packing back to Chicago and return to organizing Million Man Marches, he is clueless as a president.
Cranky1

Versailles, KY

#10 Sep 7, 2012
"i was not referring to rape, we know where your mind is!!!"

-Clinton's ramblings just brought back all his perverse baggage to my memory. Yuck!

-Still its the same mindset, no means yes? Yes means yes and no means no, it's not a hard concept to grasp.
poor man

United States

#11 Sep 9, 2012
I'd be better off if government got out of my wallet.
WOW

Maynardville, TN

#12 Sep 9, 2012
poor man wrote:
I totally agree 100 %.
Facts

United States

#13 Sep 11, 2012
poor man wrote:
Amen. I don't know a single person who is better off after 4 years of obama. God help us all if he is not sent home in November, I don't know if the country can take 4 more years of this.
Cranky1

Versailles, KY

#15 Sep 11, 2012
-The answer is clear obama has taken a bad situation and made it far worse.
A union worker

Corbin, KY

#17 Sep 11, 2012
Yes I am in a wide spectrum across the board. The Old Focker is right on!
Coal miner

United States

#18 Sep 11, 2012
None of the union coal miners I know are better off under obama. We are all voting for Romney, I don't care what the union says.
Coal miner

United States

#20 Sep 11, 2012
The Old Focker wrote:
<quoted text>If you have a grandpa ask him how it was years ago without a Union 2 dollars a day? No Unions to fight for workers rights and you may go back to that. Republicans would repeal minimum wage as well. If you think companies pay well because they love you then by all means vote for Romney.
Bullshit, you don't know what you're talking about. Your childish fear tactics don't work on adults who actually work for a living. Nobody is going to 2 dollars a day or repealing the minimum wage. You must be insane.

“Robert L Felon Bypass”

Since: Dec 10

Newtown

#21 Sep 11, 2012
Coal miner wrote:
None of the union coal miners I know are better off under obama. We are all voting for Romney, I don't care what the union says.
UMWA is NOT backing Obama this time.
minimum wage is a farce

Washington, IN

#22 Sep 11, 2012
The Old Focker wrote:
<quoted text>If you have a grandpa ask him how it was years ago without a Union 2 dollars a day? No Unions to fight for workers rights and you may go back to that. Republicans would repeal minimum wage as well. If you think companies pay well because they love you then by all means vote for Romney.
Minimum wage is a political tool to get people to vote for politicians. If it wasn't ask your self why minimum wage is not above the wage floor and is not indexed to inflation.

Markets control wages not governments. When you raise minimum wage who does it hurt more your local vendor with two employees or a large corporation? Minimum wage increases have to be paid by employers not by the govt. and with the matching it is not even dollar for dollar. It reduces quantity of work demanded by reducing workers or reducing hours. It also may cause inflation. It can cause the closing of marginal businesses which would cause less competition as well. Once the labor pool is increased employers can be more selective of who they hire. This makes it harder for younger employees to get work. It can also discourage education by enticing people to enter the workforce early.
lol

San Jose, CA

#23 Sep 12, 2012
MAYHEM Coach wrote:
<quoted text>
UMWA is NOT backing Obama this time.
Willy's profile number 1,628.
He logs in from each one of them to make it appear "others" agree with him.
Granted, it's sad, but still worthy of ridicule.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Middlesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anyone know Niesha cloud????? (Apr '10) 11 min Stan Saylor 50
Candace Sams (Mar '09) 1 hr Jeff 23
Tri-state fitness COMING SOON TO THE BORO 1 hr Jeff 3
B Bayless 1 hr Well 1
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 hr Traveler 148,993
Gays in church 4 hr Love 7
Tanisha Williams 4 hr Good grief 5

Middlesboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Middlesboro Mortgages