Posted in the Middlesboro Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
uk fan

Richmond, KY

#2 Dec 26, 2012
miss annie d wrote:
people are selling wic baby formula on that bell county yard sale. something needs to be done about this. that is no different from selling foodstamps. the wic is provided to these mothers to feed their babies under a year old. if you ever have any left over you need to take it to the wic office instead of selling it for your own profit. it's reasons like this that benefits get taken away from the people who really would appreciate it. i know some people being reported first thing in the morning if these post do not get removed. it's unfair and unjust to benefit from something that is free to help you with your child.
Very true
Tim

United States

#3 Dec 26, 2012
How do you know its from WIC?
tellus

United States

#5 Dec 26, 2012
What is her name?
Big Blue

Cynthiana, KY

#6 Dec 26, 2012
If you know her so well and I know who you are talking about, not personally but I have seen the post, then why not ask her why she is selling it to her face instead of getting on here trying to cause trouble? Of course it's easier to run your mouth about someone else. I'm sure you have never done anything wrong in your life and are perfect, right? People today always want to assume they know what is going on in other peoples lives.
sad

Middlesboro, KY

#8 Dec 27, 2012
Turn her in at the health department. That's very illegal.
wonderer

Duluth, GA

#9 Dec 27, 2012
My baby was allergic to his formula so I bought his milk myself. I found a girl who had a baby and she made a whole $28 to much to get wic so I gave her my baby's formula. It really helped her out she offered to pay me but like I told her I'm not paying for it so why should you.
trade it

Mayfield, KY

#11 Dec 27, 2012
The Health Dept will give you the equivalent of whatever you bring back to them. If you bring in ten cans, you get ten cans of whatever kind you need.
Ashley

United States

#12 Dec 27, 2012
I seen the post and agree that this is what she is doing. I get Wic for my 11 month old, around the same age as her baby and she also gets 7 cans a month. The exact amount she's trying to sell. This is sad. And she should be turned in.
just me

Corbin, KY

#13 Dec 27, 2012
alot of babies cant hold whole milk at 12mos and they remain on formula and then switch to reg milk. And sell leftover formula to buy other needed items for their child. Babies need alot more than formula to survive and wic dont pay for all of it
suzi

Middlesboro, KY

#16 Dec 27, 2012
I know one of the people that are saleing the formula, and she doesn't get WIC. She makes too much money to get WIC. And this Mylissia Barnett on Bell County yardsale...she sales her stuff WAY over priced. What's her deal anyway? She must have it hard to post one thing right after another. But the WIC guy? Nope, they make too much money to get WIC.
Ashley

United States

#17 Dec 27, 2012
I don't think she's referring to Melissa Barnett. And to the person who said babies can't survive on formula and WIC wont pay for it all... it isn't meant to. Its there to help. It plainly states on your paperwork you'll still have to buy X amounts of formula, baby food, etc. My 11 month old mostly eats what we eat, finger foods, gerber snacks that arent WIC offered and wont eat the cereal they give so I give it back to the Health Dept. Point is, they don't give it away so people can sell it for cash to buy other things with.
just me

Corbin, KY

#19 Dec 28, 2012
u may be old fashioned but if they qualify for a program then whatever they recieve is theres to do with what they wish. And yes it is theres to sell. Even if it is wrong. I always had to buy more anyway and my child east 4-6jars of stage 2 babyfood per day and table food.
tired

Winchester, KY

#21 Dec 28, 2012
In my opinion, if you have to get free groceries and formula to feed your children....don't have them! Go to the health department and ask for the free birth control they supply. And if you fall on unfortunate times, then don't sell something to make a profit that others have worked to provide for you.
Who cares

Middlesboro, KY

#23 Dec 29, 2012
Times are tough these days..People do what they have to to survive and provide for their families and children....You cant make baseless accusations against people without ALL the facts...
it is entirely possible that what she said about the allergy is true...We dont know the situation, but to say she is on drugs or buying drugs is crass and irresponsible...She is INNOCENT until proven guilty...
Even stop to think that maybe she was selling them to be able to not only provide for her kids and to try to help others out in some small way?...
Running your mouth and bitching about it here doesnt solve a thing, and honestly, it none of your business...You dont have a horse in this race, so stop being a busybody that is trying to stir up trouble for others trying to provide for their family the best way they know how in this piss poor economy...
Sheesh...
tired

Winchester, KY

#24 Dec 29, 2012
Who cares wrote:
Times are tough these days..People do what they have to to survive and provide for their families and children....You cant make baseless accusations against people without ALL the facts...
it is entirely possible that what she said about the allergy is true...We dont know the situation, but to say she is on drugs or buying drugs is crass and irresponsible...She is INNOCENT until proven guilty...
Even stop to think that maybe she was selling them to be able to not only provide for her kids and to try to help others out in some small way?...
Running your mouth and bitching about it here doesnt solve a thing, and honestly, it none of your business...You dont have a horse in this race, so stop being a busybody that is trying to stir up trouble for others trying to provide for their family the best way they know how in this piss poor economy...
Sheesh...
Actually, our tax dollars happen to be the horse in this race....if whoever it was is trying to help someone, she should have given it to them.
just me

Corbin, KY

#25 Dec 29, 2012
well u ppl if u have all this free time to get on fb and troll the yardsales and get on topix. If u really want to help im sure many places would love help during all your extra time. Its called volunteering. If u know for a fact that someone is doing something illegal and u have proof. Report it to cops. Let them do their job.
Who cares

Middlesboro, KY

#26 Dec 29, 2012
All Im saying is that its not fair to penalizevsomeone for trying to make ends meet in this economy...

You do what you have to do in order to survive...In casebyou hadnt noticed, conditions here in the Corbin, Pineville, and Middlesboro areas are piss poor...People are scrounging to some degree to get by...

Its nice to know you are so well off to whine about tax money being used...By all means, be like the scum sucking GOP and step on the toes of those that are less fortunate than you are...I for one dont care about taxes and if someone is having a hardship or something might be harmful to their children then I agree with the means,whatever they might be, to have it gotten rid of...

You all need to grow up and realize not everyone lives in YOUR world with rainbows shooting out their asses...Alot of us REGULAR people are having a tough time making ends meet and providing for our families...Just ask all the coal miners that just recently got laid off...

You need to keep your big noses out of other peoples affairs...Youll livea longer life...
clem

Middlesboro, KY

#27 Dec 29, 2012
Well hell fire, why get mad at the thieves and drug dealers? They are just trying to make it in this economy.
Cooter

Madisonville, KY

#28 Dec 29, 2012
Who cares wrote:
All Im saying is that its not fair to penalizevsomeone for trying to make ends meet in this economy...
You do what you have to do in order to survive...In casebyou hadnt noticed, conditions here in the Corbin, Pineville, and Middlesboro areas are piss poor...People are scrounging to some degree to get by...
Its nice to know you are so well off to whine about tax money being used...By all means, be

like the scum sucking GOP and step on the toes of those that are less fortunate than you are...I for one dont care about taxes and if someone is
having a hardship or something might be harmful
to their children then I agree with the
means,whatever they might be, to have it gotten
rid of...
The only people who don't care about taxes are those who don't have to work and pay them!!!!

You all need to grow up and realize not everyone lives in YOUR world with rainbows shooting out their asses...Alot of us REGULAR people are having a tough time making ends
meet and providing for our families...Just ask all
the coal miners that just recently got laid off...
You need to keep your big noses out of other peoples affairs...Youll livea longer life...
The only people who don't care about taxes are those who don't have to work and pay them!!!
rawr

Richmond, KY

#29 Dec 29, 2012
just me wrote:
u may be old fashioned but if they qualify for a program then whatever they recieve is theres to do with what they wish. And yes it is theres to sell. Even if it is wrong. I always had to buy more anyway and my child east 4-6jars of stage 2 babyfood per day and table food.
Hm.. genius, it is against the law to sell food stamps.. ugh..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Middlesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What happened to the band Lockdown? 1 hr Missing 1
black ford truck up and down cumberlend all the... 3 hr mayberies 5
Bluegrass Music Lessons 4 hr Student 5
Gray/Silver ford at Smithfield 4 hr Mosey 1
Ky vs notre lame 4 hr Great team 1
crystal Lawson 4 hr mee 9
Heather -Spade 5 hr funny 66
Middlesboro Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web