Middlesboro ARH Labor & Delivery -- D...

Middlesboro ARH Labor & Delivery -- Dr. Mullins!!

Posted in the Middlesboro Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
havin a baby

Middlesboro, KY

#1 Oct 18, 2011
I just found out I was pregnant, and decided to go with Middlesboro's Women's Center. This is my first pregnancy, and have seen Dr Mullins 2 times so far. Can anyone tell me what your experiences have been with the hospital? Doctors? Nurses? I've heard a few things that kind of scare me into trying to find another OB or hospital....
Any help I'd appreciate it!!!
Jan Baby

Pineville, KY

#2 Oct 18, 2011
I had a baby in Jan. And Dr. Mullins was my doctor thourgh my pregnancy. He is real nice, and laid back I loved him. Although he wasn't on call when I went in labor, Dr. Williamson ended up delivering my son. He is real nice also. The labor and delivery staff is very nice, helpful, and sweet. I love them.
My Experience

Fulton, KY

#3 Oct 18, 2011
Dr. Mullins has been my doctor throughout my entire pregnancy. I am 9 months pregnant with my 4th child, and he has been great! I would recommend him to any of my friends and family. I agree with Jan, Dr. Williamson is also real nice. I have never saw the woman doctor there though so I can't comment on her.
Middlesboro arh

New Tazewell, TN

#4 Oct 19, 2011
I didnt use any of those doctors but I had my baby at Middlesboro hospital and I was very pleased they did very well with everything. I have no complaints!
ehh

Sharpsburg, KY

#5 Oct 19, 2011
with one of my pregnancies, i had good experiences with ARH and the doctors. the last one, it was bad. i would rather not go into details, but if YOU feel you are in good hands, then you should continue to go there.
wondering

Harrogate, TN

#6 Oct 19, 2011
Did dr Mullins give as many ultrasounds as dr Williamson does? Or if you can't compare the two then how often did dr Mullins give you an ultrasound? I go see him this week for the first time and I dont know anything about him so any info would be great!
mommyof3

Corbin, KY

#7 Oct 19, 2011
I love all three of those doctors. WIlliamson, robertson and mullins. I had a complicated pregnancy with my last 2 babies and the doctors and nurses at middlesboro was awesome. One nurse really stood out to me but they were all great. They took great care of me and my babies. Def recommend any of them.
ehh

Sharpsburg, KY

#8 Oct 19, 2011
when i had dr. williamson, he did a pretty fair amount of ultrasounds early on. with the last pregnancy, i was seeing dr gonzalez (who also did a lot of ultrasounds) and then he went to harlan when i was 6-7 months along, and so i got sent to dr. mullins. i dont think he did but maybe 1 ultrasound in his office.
My Experience

Fulton, KY

#9 Oct 19, 2011
wondering wrote:
Did dr Mullins give as many ultrasounds as dr Williamson does? Or if you can't compare the two then how often did dr Mullins give you an ultrasound? I go see him this week for the first time and I dont know anything about him so any info would be great!
Dr. Mullins will probably do a transvaginal ultrasound for your first visit. I think there are guidelines they have to follow with the number of ultrasounds, and it may depend on what kind of insurance you have, and it also depends on if your pregnancy is high risk or not. The first time that I saw Dr. Williamson he also did a transvaginal ultrasound for the first visit. So I would say you can expect that, and a pelvic exam, and a pap smear for your first visit.
Good doc

Middlesboro, KY

#10 Oct 20, 2011
Dr. Mullins was my doctor when I had my son back in March. I had a high risk pregnancy; and Mullins was awesome. And unless theres no way around it, he wont do a c-section. He tries to let u and ur body do the work. We tried for 14 hrs to make me have my son naturally. Wasn't going to happen. So we reluctantly had a c-section. But he will listen to u and do whats best for u and the baby. Good luck!
new mommy

Madisonville, KY

#11 Oct 22, 2011
I had my daughter in march and dr. Mullins was my doctor. He was wonderful the nurses were great. I had to be induced. My last actual prenatal visit he told me he thought my daughter may swallow meconium and he wanted me to have her the next day. Before i delivered she did swallow meconium. I dont want to even think about what would have happened if he didnt see the problem the day before. I have a beautiful healthy little girl. Also he explained everything to me and my husband 100%. the only problem i had with ARH is not have a person to help with brestfeeding. I had read several books on breastfeeding before giving birth and when i asked for help they just handed me reading material. I ended up spending alot of time in the peditricians office for her to help me breastfeed.
expecting

Maynardville, TN

#12 Oct 28, 2011
wow, I don't hear any horror stories at all! Definitely makes me feel a little better.
mamaOfOne

United States

#13 Oct 30, 2011
I seen Dr. Robertson, I really liked her but sometimes she was just bi*chy! Shes also good at making you feel dumb. I had a very easy labor and I really like my nurse that helped with the delivery she was amazing! Dr Williamson drlivered my little girl and was AMAZING! However, they told me me and my daughter had different blood types (Im o- and they told me she was o+) and gave us a shot because of it, well at her first Dr. App I was asked her blood type and when I told them they told me I was wrong that we had the same blood type. So.they gave ua the shot for nothing! Im.thankful it didnt cause any harm but it could have and I was VERY VERY upset!!
Momma of 4

London, KY

#14 Oct 30, 2011
I have to say i absolutely loveeee Middlesboro's ARH labor and delivery staff! They are exceptionally great!!!! I have 4 kids , 3 of which Dr. Williamson delivered and he is an awesome, caring, wonderful doctor and person - he's a very devoted christian as well.. I seen Dr.Mullins twice when Williamson was out of town and I really liked him he is very informational and Dr. Williamson highly recommends Dr. Mullins for his patients if he is going to be off-duty or out of town.... Dr. Robertson I know very little about to comment on her... Your in great hands w/ Arh Women's health clinic :)))
Nurse

Brownsville, TN

#15 Dec 16, 2011
Dr. Williamson does the best wound closure on cesarean sections that I have ever seen. The scar is barely noticeable. All three OB/Gyn docs are very nice and capable. It is nice to have that many options. The nurses are all nice too. ARH is a good, small community hospital.
Mommyof2

United States

#17 Mar 29, 2013
I love all 3 OB docs. They r wonderful. I had my second baby there and the experience was great. The nurses and doctors were great and all were nice to me. I will be going back for my next pregnancy.
MamaOf2

Tazewell, TN

#18 Apr 2, 2013
I had both my kids at ARH. My Doctor was Robinson with both, although she didn't deliver either and with my 2nd I had Mullins at first. He is a great doctor and also he delivered my 2nd he takes his time and is very careful. As for the hospital and their staff, I DO NOT recommend!!! My first baby, they took her out for the hearing test and brought back the wrong baby and if not for her head full of hair vs the bald baby they brought back we wouldn't have even known. My second daughter went very smooth, but they seemed like they were just in a big hurry to get us out of there and it was nothing like my first. Night shift is great but day shift are hateful and careless and care only for themselves. As for random trips to the er bc my babies got sick, they suck also!!! They've almost overdosed both my kids and the only doctor there worth having is the tall red head American man. The rest are pathetic sorry excuses for doctors.
Tara

Camillus, NY

#19 Apr 4, 2013
I don't even know where to begin with my delivery experience. I have to say I'm so glad to be having my second NOT at Middlesboro hospital. Worst experience of my life. Ok, this may be long.... I was induced and admitted early in the morning. Dr Mullins was on call that day, and told me that when I was ready for an epidural to just ask, he went over a few more things and I was then in the hands of the nursing staff, or lack thereof. I had one nurse check on me a couple of times to see how I was progressing. Then it hit me. Hardcore contractions. I then asked for my epidural. Um and had my husband ask again, and again, and again. It took 2 hours from the first time I asked till I received it. The crna used too much medication so I was numb up to my arms. Scared... But not in the kind of pain where I begged my husband to kill me. I couldn't take it. Hours passed and nothing was happening. I knew that something was wrong when my sons heart rate was really high and then really low. Alarms were sounding on my machine. Not one nurse came in my room. I asked my husband to send someone in. She finally came in and said "yes we hear the alarms" I asked her to call the doctor. It took her an hour and 45 minutes to do that. At this point I was in labor for 24 hours and water had broken 12 hours previous. I was concerned, but no one else seemed to be. The doctor finally arrived and said I needed an emergent c-section. I wondered how long it had been emergent before the stupid nurse decided to call the doctor. The rushed me to the OR and tugged and tugged to get my little guy out of me. He was not breathing and continued to not breathe. Just as they were about to intubate him he started breathing under an oxygen hood. They has already called a team from the nicu in Knoxville to come get him.... I was still in the OR, on the table and as the nurse was lifting me with help to a gurney, she told me a baby had just died there recently on the OR table. Keep in mind I had NO idea at this point if my son was ok. I was so numb from the meds that I couldn't move. And I had no control over what was happening with my baby. They wheeled me out and my little guy was ok, I never held him or touched him. Only saw them take him away. I was so thankful that he was ok. I couldn't believe my experience. I would not recommend to anyone to EVER deliver in that awful place. The staff was by far the worst I have ever seen. If you want to be on your own with no help or support then by all means go ahead and risk it. I cried for weeks at how horrible my experience was. I truly hope this information will change some ones mind about delivering there. I am so happy to be in good hands through my second pregnancy, and will always deliver in a hospital with a nicu from this point on. I just need to add that dr Mullins and dr Williamson were both great. It was the nursing staff that was horrible.
scardi

United States

#20 Apr 12, 2013
I recently delivered there and I was impressed with the nurses. They were all extra nice.I don't really care for Dr. Robertson. Love Williamson. I don't know anything about Mullins.
Mullins patient

Middlesboro, KY

#21 Apr 16, 2013
I love Mullins and Williamson. Ive seen both and my daughters had their babies delivered by both. I do not care for Robertson. She just seems to have a bad attitude. Mullins did my hysterectomy and he is awesome. All the staff was awesome, too...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Middlesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
what happened to annette (tootsie) smith 8 min Chuck Phelps 3
yellow building bingo 32 min me 5
Middlesboro Nickel Tax Affects All City Taxpayers 37 min n the know 1
concert in Claiborne county! !!!! 39 min What I know 8
Do black girls like white guys?? 40 min get with it 14
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr How Stupid can yo... 141,244
News Prisoners offered new path 5 hr zyx 11
More from around the web

Middlesboro People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Middlesboro Mortgages