Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 142482 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Known fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

#88712 Oct 16, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
That is true, but those people aren't scientists...
Most of those who promote the theory of evolution and claim to be athesists are not scentists either!

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#88713 Oct 16, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
If S.P. thinks he can find enough Satanic bible students to fill a school room, go for it. I never proposed shutting down public discussion.
And let Christians use public school rooms for bible study too!
There are 1000 members of my little church, our parent church has 80,000 members and all of the christian churches in the same area have 60,000 members. This does not include muslims, jewish people, and atheist.(600,000 people in my county) We outnumber you.
Most people say they do not want to be preached at, jesus freaks are weirdos, holy rollers are hypocrites, etc. That is by far how the vast majority of people feel. Now if polled they claim to believe in god because they do not want to be looked down on but their daily lives reflect no desire for your freak cult. There are more people who admit a fascination with the occult now than ever before and more people who are not afraid of you freaks than ever before.
Your cult is dying and will be wiped out soon!
Creation

Winchester, KY

#88714 Oct 16, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>There are 1000 members of my little church, our parent church has 80,000 members and all of the christian churches in the same area have 60,000 members. This does not include muslims, jewish people, and atheist.(600,000 people in my county) We outnumber you.
Most people say they do not want to be preached at, jesus freaks are weirdos, holy rollers are hypocrites, etc. That is by far how the vast majority of people feel. Now if polled they claim to believe in god because they do not want to be looked down on but their daily lives reflect no desire for your freak cult. There are more people who admit a fascination with the occult now than ever before and more people who are not afraid of you freaks than ever before.
Your cult is dying and will be wiped out soon!
A satanist casts his lots with Atheists....how appropriate. LOL

Since: Feb 12

El Dorado Hills, CA

#88715 Oct 16, 2012
Known fact wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of those who promote the theory of evolution and claim to be athesists are not scentists either!
Now your preaching dogma and everyone can read what you just said. I can see how easy it is for you to believe without any supporting evidence other than the watchtower. Many athiest have won the noble prize for science, fyi.

http://brainz.org/50-most-brilliant-atheists-...

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#88716 Oct 16, 2012
Creation wrote:
<quoted text>
See how christians twist things around because they know they ae wrong?
Never said anything about throwing lots. The point is that there are a small number of christians compared to every one else.
Why dont you just admit that you know there is no god but you want to be better then others

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

London, KY

#88717 Oct 16, 2012
Known fact wrote:
<quoted text>
Again not true.. Most of those that speak on the theory do not promote it, only explain it... Some are atheists, some are agnostic and some are Theists, some are Panspermist and some are Implantist...

A scientist is not a promoter, a scientist deals with the evidence only, they consider it's testability, they verify it's status.. Then they may form a conclusion or a theory and seek others to rip it to shreds to see if their theory or conclusions withstands the onslaught... If other evidence is presented that shreds their conclusion and theory a Scientist considers it, a Believer ignores it...

London, KY

#88719 Oct 16, 2012
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem is that scientists are people and they are prone to bias just like anyone.
The scientific community is very far from being as pure as you're framing it.
I'm not framing it as pure.. I have Major issues with dogmatic positions that many So Called Scientist take... I think you misunderstand ... There are no degrees, no certificates, no amount of education that makes someone a Scientist... A Scientist can be a 4th grade drop out... All the term means is that the person Must follow the Scientific Method in any quest for evidence and in the evaluation of Evidence...

If a so called Scientist inserts personally Belief into the Testing, Collecting and Verification of evidence they cease to be Scientist... No matter what they call themselves...

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#88720 Oct 16, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Whatever you want to believe...
We know differently!
So does your Grandma!
Tell me something chester, does your wife watch or help, when you do your sexual abuse thing?

“There is no god.”

USA

#88721 Oct 16, 2012
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem is that scientists are people and they are prone to bias just like anyone.
The scientific community is very far from being as pure as you're framing it.
The christians are even farther from being as pure (lmao, hard to put christian and pure in the same sentence) as they frame it.

“There is no god.”

USA

#88723 Oct 16, 2012
Creation wrote:
<quoted text>
A creationist that can not even show a god to back up his theory.

“There is no god.”

USA

#88725 Oct 16, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
Some people think science is their religion.
Most christians dont even think.

“There is no god.”

USA

#88726 Oct 16, 2012
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not interested in the stab and jab part of this thread. I was here to read the various theories being presented.
Lol, you just stabbed at scientists so I poked at christians. Ahhh, I forgot that christian double standard thing.

London, KY

#88727 Oct 16, 2012
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree. My statement has more to do with seeing a friends father, who was an archaeologist, watch evidence of various kinds which he uncovered in the field, ignored by academia. Even the universities that he was tied to seemed disinterested in any new evidence, especially that which may challenge current or long held positions.
This wasn't a creationist or even a Christian. Just a dedicated researcher that through the years became very discouraged with the process.
Archaeology is less a science than an Art.. Give you an example.. Archaeologist finds a Stone with some symbols on it... They date it based on some charcoal in the same strata and make some claim of it's origin, date, usage ect.... Problem.. They in almost every case have no background in tool mark forensics, have no way to date the actual stone working, have to attempt to explain Meaning of the symbolism and several other fields they for the most part have no training, background or knowledge of... And they tend to stick to their own views even when inundated with contradictory evidence...

I still today hear some archaeologists today speak of civilization coming to rise a mere 6000bc ... Even though we have Massive evidence that man was building massive structures at least 16,000 years ago and some evidence that pushes it back to over 19,000 years ago...

El Dorado Hills, CA

#88728 Oct 16, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Archaeology is less a science than an Art.. Give you an example.. Archaeologist finds a Stone with some symbols on it... They date it based on some charcoal in the same strata and make some claim of it's origin, date, usage ect.... Problem.. They in almost every case have no background in tool mark forensics, have no way to date the actual stone working, have to attempt to explain Meaning of the symbolism and several other fields they for the most part have no training, background or knowledge of... And they tend to stick to their own views even when inundated with contradictory evidence...
I still today hear some archaeologists today speak of civilization coming to rise a mere 6000bc ... Even though we have Massive evidence that man was building massive structures at least 16,000 years ago and some evidence that pushes it back to over 19,000 years ago...
I think aliens or advanced civilizations existed long before the bible. Hopefully soon science and discovery will have advanced enough to prove it as fact one day.

El Dorado Hills, CA

#88729 Oct 16, 2012
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me something chester, does your wife watch or help, when you do your sexual abuse thing?
Hi LOL, it think its called christian mingle.
By the book

Whitley City, KY

#88730 Oct 16, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>He does speak quite often to His people... He'd speak to you too... IF...
Well yes he's told a few preachers to raise millions for a jet, and millions for a new house or two,, but other than that....

Seriously, if there was a god, what would he possibly have to say, or command, to anyone.

London, KY

#88731 Oct 16, 2012
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
I think aliens or advanced civilizations existed long before the bible. Hopefully soon science and discovery will have advanced enough to prove it as fact one day.
Lately I have become extremely interested in Global positions of assorted megalithic structures... It's really eye opening you should do it yourself... Take a globe and put a tack in all the major oldest Large Stone megalithic structures and and connect them.. I am more and more concluding they are showing a 20deg crustal shift of the whole of earths crust, which explains how magnetic sediment alignments can happen quickly without the issue of the Physics of shifting the earth core due to mass and gravitational locking...
Known fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

#88732 Oct 16, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
Archaeology is less a science than an Art.. Give you an example.. Archaeologist finds a Stone with some symbols onit...They dateit based on some charcoal inthe same strata and make some claim ofit's origin, date, usage ect.... Problem..They in almost every case have no background in tool mark forensics, have no way to datethe actual stone working, have to attempt to explain Meaning ofthe symbolism and several other fieldsthey forthe most part have no training, background or knowledge of... Andthey tend to stick totheir own views even when inundated with contradictory evidence... I still today hear some archaeologists today speak of civilization coming to rise a mere 6000bc ... Even though we have Massive evidence that manwas building massive structures at least 16,000 years ago and some evidence that pushesit back to over 19,000 years ago...
Where can I find this 'Massive evidence' that man was here 16,000 or 19,000 years sgo?
yes

Ironton, OH

#88733 Oct 16, 2012
Lolhaiti wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, okay, I agree with this. Teach, but not preach.
right

Location hidden

#88734 Oct 17, 2012
Known fact wrote:
<quoted text>
Where can I find this 'Massive evidence' that man was here 16,000 or 19,000 years sgo?
You can't. Evolution is actually not science, it's just a guess.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Middlesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sheila Jones Ray in desperate Mode (Nov '13) 4 hr Sammi 26
Nathan Price (Jan '15) 6 hr Ikr 7
Brittany nida? anyone know her? (Jan '15) 8 hr The boss 13
Patty. LMU 8 hr curious 2
Hot mommas of da boro (Oct '14) 9 hr Good good 2
Country Club 9 hr GOING WET 14
Amanda Szemak 16 hr missy 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Middlesboro Mortgages