'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Se...

'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

There are 239531 comments on the thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com story from Oct 1, 2010, titled 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate. In it, thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com reports that:

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Join the discussion below, or Read more at thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com.

wtf

Richmond, KY

#45009 Aug 8, 2012
your name here wrote:
the Bush Recession was over after 6 months, it is the Obama recovery plan that is killing the economy and keeping it from growing properly. Raising taxes, increasing government spending, increasing government regulations...all are killing the economy and any plans by businesses to grow and expand. That is why they are hoarding their money, and waiting till Obama is voted out of office before they commit to growth projects.
Pure BS!
wtf

Richmond, KY

#45010 Aug 8, 2012
your name here wrote:
when it comes to more spending, NO is the best response.
Another stupid response.
your name here

Denver, CO

#45011 Aug 8, 2012
"Pure BS!"
"Another stupid response"

sorry, we can't all be as brilliant as you with your detailed rebuttals and links to factual proof that backs the numbers given...wait...you never seem to do that, all you do is call people names and tell them they are wrong. Keep up the good work.
Hello

Nicholasville, KY

#45012 Aug 8, 2012
wtf = WON TUPID FKR
Hello

Nicholasville, KY

#45013 Aug 8, 2012
wtf wrote:
<quoted text>He abandoned amnesty after he failed to protect us on 911 you dumbass. How stupid are you?
I think you should lay blame where it truly belongs(Clinton)dropped the ball on Bin Laden while Monica was licking his..
wtf

Richmond, KY

#45014 Aug 8, 2012
Hello wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you should lay blame where it truly belongs(Clinton)dropped the ball on Bin Laden while Monica was licking his..
W protected bin Laden for 8 years, President Obama killed him.

you need to get the Story straight.
Hello

Nicholasville, KY

#45015 Aug 8, 2012
Dude I couldn't stand Bush, I found it real hard to believe he got another term,But I will also find it hard to believe if Obama gets another term,Democrat Republican don't mean squat to me it's just a friggin label,I'm more into sticking my head out the door and seeing how the world is treating me today say hello to my neighbor.

Romney may end up being just as bad as the last 8-10 Presidents that we've had but one thing is true no matter affiliation,He can't be any more deceiving,Obama has proven to the world what he truly is,And in my opinion it's not American..
Homeland Insecurity

Jonesborough, TN

#45016 Aug 8, 2012
frank wrote:
<quoted text>
Conservatives call me a liberal with disdain and contempt! Most liberals I know and hang out with believe in the fundamental dignity of the individual and the inherent right of self-determination. I ‘m an engineer and "ruthlessly pragmatic", which means that I understand that everything is tradeoffs and that no right is absolute. I also believe that society works best when it imposes as few constraints on individual choice as possible, consistent with fulfilling other competing public benefits such as maintaining a reasonable degree of public safety. I think that the single most fundamental right of humans, and the one we should be most wary of trying to infringe, is the right of free thought and free expression. I believe that people should have the opportunity to seek out and listen to as wide a range of opinions as possible on any subject, so that they can then come to an informed opinion of their own based on how persuasively each alternative was presented. And it is thus essential that humans have the right to make choices that others around them will consider deeply unwise, and to hold and express opinions that others find to be strongly offensive. True freedom is only possible when I have the freedom to make stupid mistakes, and where the consequences of doing so arise only from the direct consequences of my mistake and not from externally-imposed legal sanctions. And it means that I must be free to offend those around me, for if I cannot then I am free, but only to do things my neighbors don't condemn. And such freedom is illusion. I don't want anyone forcing me to think and act in certain ways solely "for my own good". I want the right to make my own decisions about what's good for me, even if it turns out I'm wrong. I want the right to hold an opinion even if most of those around me disagree with it. Today’s rightwing or GOP have lost their compass, in years past the GOP had some very good progressive ideas that everyone was able to work with. Not any longer, they are entrenched and all their wrongheaded talk comes straight out of their “Ministry of Propaganda”!
Frank? I hope that was not copy and paste? If you do think that way and did write it, my hat is off to you! I am going to test you however about the Engineer part, which would make you very good at math! If you were to approximate two X values, one +, one-, what formula would you use? You should know what level math that is, tell me and I will apologize for being mean to you! As for the rest, I agree! Could you be a ‘closet’ Conservative? Or am I,“God Forbid” a closet Liberal? If this is true Frank, Bravo!
Homeland Insecurity

Jonesborough, TN

#45017 Aug 8, 2012
Devils Advocate wrote:
<quoted text>
But you think slamming Obama with pernicious and insidious lies is okay?
I dont do that Frank, I just think he is a joke!
Jay

Springville, TN

#45018 Aug 8, 2012
SpeakUp wrote:
<quoted text>
If GWB hadn't let 12,000 per month waltz in on working visa's to never return, you wouldn't be having this conversation.
BTW, did you see Romney's 2010 tax return with all those forms showing him being shareholder in multiple foreign investment companies? Or maybe you missed where he paid his Housekeeper poverty wages? And those damned capital gains of over $12M almost choked me that qualified for the second lowest tax rate known to mankind.
Just thought I'd share that with you. You don't mind...do you?

Well ok. If George Bush screwed up on this, Obama has had plenty of time to correct it. But instead he's let several hundreds of thousands if not million more come into this country. Several videos have shown them blowing up the border fence, climbing over the top, taking down walls with tools like jackhammers and the like, and carrying in backpacks with drugs to sell. Meanwhile, Obama has currently blocked ICE......in other words, tied their hands when it comes to arrest and release, turning these people back into society to hide in their burrows. Harry Reid has blocked voter ID, so the election commission can't ask for proof of citizenship.....and so on.

No, we have not have seen where Romney paid a housekeeper poverty wages, nor have we seen his 2010 tax returns, so if you are privy to this information, why don't you post a link so the rest of us can see it.

And no, don't mind you sharing this at all.
schooldays

Lexington, KY

#45019 Aug 8, 2012
kentucky is the best place in the world:) go conway
Homeland Insecurity

Jonesborough, TN

#45020 Aug 8, 2012
wtf wrote:
<quoted text>W protected bin Laden for 8 years, President Obama killed him.
In the United States there are 2 Senators from each State! How many Senators do we have in America wtf?
your name here

Denver, CO

#45021 Aug 8, 2012
wtf wrote:
<quoted text>W protected bin Laden for 8 years, President Obama killed him.
yeah, Bush had KSM waterboarded to get the location of Bin Laden so Obama could give the order to have him killed, that was really protecting him.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#45022 Aug 8, 2012
They need some Rocky Mountain "oysters" in D.C.

Rocky Mountain Oysters

:~)
AmericanMan

Rochester, KY

#45023 Aug 8, 2012
your name here wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah, Bush had KSM waterboarded to get the location of Bin Laden so Obama could give the order to have him killed, that was really protecting him.
Do any of you Repubs have a problem with other nations using torture on US troops now that Bush started using it on others?
During the War Crime trails after WWII, one of the charges that were brought against Japanese and German leaders was a charge of torture that included water boarding. Were we wrong 60 years ago or wrong today?
your name here

Denver, CO

#45024 Aug 8, 2012
waterboarding is not torture, so "including waterboarding" was not necessary. If it protects the lives of citizens, I am all for it. It got us Bin Laden, didn't it?

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#45025 Aug 8, 2012
AmericanMan wrote:
<quoted text>Do any of you Repubs have a problem with other nations using torture on US troops now that Bush started using it on others?
What countries have started torturing our troops due to our actions?
frank

Oakland, CA

#45026 Aug 8, 2012
Homeland Insecurity wrote:
<quoted text>
I dont do that Frank, I just think he is a joke!
You just did!
Obama's record is not nearly as bad as the GOPers would have us believe! Ceteris paribus or all thing being equal, no leader or governing party thrives politically in difficult economic times. During his first two years in office, President Barack Obama and his Democratic allies in Congress compiled a substantial record of policy accomplishment -- the economic stimulus, bringing the financial system back from the brink of collapse, rescuing two automakers, universal health care, sweeping reform of financial regulation, and major changes in student loan programs, among many others. Nevertheless, the political standing of both the president and congressional Democrats slipped steadily through much of this period. While some contests remain unresolved, the Democrats have lost at least six Senate seats, at least ten governorships, and more than sixty House seats, the most for a mid-term election since 1938. By any measure, this is a substantial and consequential expression of public discontent. Besides the relentless bombardment of negativity by the opposition’s propaganda machinery, the most obvious is the unusual quantity and nature of problems that Obama inherited when he took the oath of office. Because economic downturns induced by financial crises differ fundamentally from ordinary cyclical recessions, recovery is slower and takes longer, generating sustained high unemployment.
Cheif Sitinfullofit

Elkhorn City, KY

#45027 Aug 8, 2012
frank wrote:
<quoted text>
You just did!
Obama's record is not nearly as bad as the GOPers would have us believe! Ceteris paribus or all thing being equal, no leader or governing party thrives politically in difficult economic times. During his first two years in office, President Barack Obama and his Democratic allies in Congress compiled a substantial record of policy accomplishment -- the economic stimulus, bringing the financial system back from the brink of collapse, rescuing two automakers, universal health care, sweeping reform of financial regulation, and major changes in student loan programs, among many others. Nevertheless, the political standing of both the president and congressional Democrats slipped steadily through much of this period. While some contests remain unresolved, the Democrats have lost at least six Senate seats, at least ten governorships, and more than sixty House seats, the most for a mid-term election since 1938. By any measure, this is a substantial and consequential expression of public discontent. Besides the relentless bombardment of negativity by the opposition’s propaganda machinery, the most obvious is the unusual quantity and nature of problems that Obama inherited when he took the oath of office. Because economic downturns induced by financial crises differ fundamentally from ordinary cyclical recessions, recovery is slower and takes longer, generating sustained high unemployment.
Frank I hope you get well soon ? the male menopause making into a ignoramous .
American Lady

Danville, KY

#45028 Aug 8, 2012
The Stranger Among Us

A few years before I was born, my Dad met a stranger who was new to our small town. From the beginning, Dad was fascinated with this enchanting newcomer and soon invited him to live with our family. The stranger was quickly accepted and was around from then on.

As I grew up, I never questioned his place in my family. In my young mind, he had a special niche. My parents were complementary instructors: Mom taught me good from evil, and Dad taught me to obey. But the stranger... He was our storyteller. He would keep us spellbound for hours on end with adventures, mysteries and comedies.

If I wanted to know anything about politics, history or science, he always knew the answers about the past, understood the present and even seemed able to predict the future! He took my family to the first major league ball game. He made me laugh, and he made me cry. The stranger never stopped talking, but Dad didn't seem to mind.

Sometimes, Mom would get up quietly while the rest of us were shushing each other to listen to what he had to say, and she would go to the kitchen for peace and quiet.
(I wonder now if she ever prayed for the stranger to leave.)

Dad ruled our household with certain moral convictions, but the stranger never felt obligated to honor them. Profanity, for example, was not allowed in our home - not from us, our friends or any visitors. After our long time visitor stayed longer he became more daring however, and even got away with four-letter words that burned my ears and made my dad squirm and my mother blush. My Dad didn't permit the liberal use of alcohol but the stranger encouraged us to try it on a regular basis. He made cigarettes look cool, cigars manly, and pipes distinguished. He talked freely (much too freely!) about sex. His comments were sometimes blatant, sometimes suggestive, and generally embarrassing..

I now know that my early concepts about relationships were influenced strongly by the stranger. Time after time, he opposed the values of my parents, yet he was seldom rebuked... And NEVER asked to leave.

More than fifty years have passed since the stranger moved in with our family. He has blended right in and is not nearly as fascinating as he was at first. Still, if you could walk into my parents' den today, you would still find him sitting over in his corner, waiting for someone to listen to him talk and watch him draw his pictures.

His name?....

We just call him 'TV.'
He has a wife now....we call her 'Computer.'
Their first child is "Cell Phone".
Second child was named "I Pod "
Third child is Video Games

By the time wife was pregnant again, TV had lost ALL morals, and wanted wife to have an abortion...

Now "atheism" and NO moral values has taken over TV's mind....Drugs passed by a greedy FDA help none...
Going crazy...and taking his caretakers with him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Middlesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 6 min usa 151,875
Mboro football Whitley game 2 hr Which Way Is Up 14
does anybody know ms.kathye greene's whereabout? 2 hr bigcatch 27
j bowling and d bowling 3 hr Right 2
Kacee barnes 3 hr Trey 12
Mama rains passed 4 hr Great lady 2
Joni hembree 5 hr white girl Joni 1

Middlesboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance