Ned

Mayfield, KY

#1 Jun 14, 2013
I have problem. Ive been working very hard with my son to get him to use the potty. He did very well for a couple of weeks. We first started him on the little potty. He did good for about 2 weeks. But i was getting tired of cleaning it so i showed him how to use the big potty. He learned how to use it within a day. He did a very good job using it for about 2 weeks. Then he stopped. Now he wont use it anymore. I always have to tell him to go sit on it. But he still pees and poops in his pull up. We had him in underwear but he kept ruining them. I would like for anyone to give me any advise on this. I have tried everything i could to get him back on the potty. But nothing is working. He covers his ears every time the toilet is flushed. So i think he is afraid of it. Ive also tired to show him that there is nothing to be afraid of. I just dont know what to do. If you have any advise or even any experience, please leave a comment. Thank you
Tip

Dexter, MO

#2 Jun 15, 2013
I have heard of people throwing a Cheerio or Froot Loop in the bowl and telling the child it's a game and to try to hit the Cheerio. Good luck!
dumpling

Tazewell, TN

#3 Jun 15, 2013
Ned wrote:
I have problem. Ive been working very hard with my son to get him to use the potty. He did very well for a couple of weeks. We first started him on the little potty. He did good for about 2 weeks. But i was getting tired of cleaning it so i showed him how to use the big potty. He learned how to use it within a day. He did a very good job using it for about 2 weeks. Then he stopped. Now he wont use it anymore. I always have to tell him to go sit on it. But he still pees and poops in his pull up. We had him in underwear but he kept ruining them. I would like for anyone to give me any advise on this. I have tried everything i could to get him back on the potty. But nothing is working. He covers his ears every time the toilet is flushed. So i think he is afraid of it. Ive also tired to show him that there is nothing to be afraid of. I just dont know what to do. If you have any advise or even any experience, please leave a comment. Thank you
Just keep reminding him and he will get the hang of it.. Do you have one of those child potty seats that sit on the toilet? Sometimes the get scared they will fall in. You can make him a chart and give him a sticker everytime he does it and when he gets so many give him a little prize. Sometimes if they see daddy doing it they will want to be like daddy and do it to. Always clap your hands and praise him. It takes time with some children. You just have to be patient and be creative. When he does start doing real good and if he starts to wer the bed you can wake him up gently and walk him to the potty. Take him straight back to bed. Make sure you have night lights you don't want to be wide awake. That worked for my son and after awhile he never wet the bed again. I know it is hard getting up in the middle of the night to do that but it keeps from cleaning up a wet kid and bed
Big Mama

Tazewell, TN

#4 Jun 15, 2013
I say the above post is very good advice! I have all girls, but I do have nephews in the family and their parents have also talked about the game thing and making it a game. Be sure to change the prizes up though or maybe he will get tired of getting the same reward all the time. And, when he finally gets fully trained and you are confident he is, reward him with something big that he likes. Maybe a day at the zoo, or waterpark, or maybe even go out to eat at a place of his choice, possibly a big toy he has been wanting? Also, try to avoid letting him drink fluids after a certain time of the evening to help prevent bed wetting too, that might be helpful. It's definetly a chore, and all us parents have been through it honey....it took me a year and a half with my first one to get her fully trained. And if you don't have a night light, maybe a flashlight will help.....I hope everybody's advice and tips are helpful to you and I wish you luck!
jackdaniels

Winchester, KY

#5 Jun 19, 2013
what i have found to work is i let my little boy pee pee off the back porch and of corse when he does it i always clap and tell him what a good boy it works great also everynight befor bathtime i have him to go potty in the bigboy potty befor we take a bath now he does it automaticly i poor soapin the potty so when he pottys in there it makes bubbles its fun but its working so just keep trying youll find your own special way

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Middlesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anyone know Niesha cloud????? (Apr '10) 1 hr Shooting up in ch... 46
Tanisha Williams 2 hr Curiosity 3
Party! 2 hr Curiosity 7
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr yabadabado 148,963
Rats 3 hr The Trap 3
Glad you moved back to ky 4 hr Smiles 4
mobile home (Jun '12) 6 hr Looking 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Middlesboro Mortgages