Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81692 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

W KY Girl

United States

#78107 Dec 13, 2012
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
You got it. I'm not fooled and neither are you, I see. I will take what is stated in the Holy Bible concerning Israel, everytime over all answers.
For sure! Too many young people are being brainwashed by limp wristed terrorist hugging college professors! I have had them myself. Instead of teaching they use their position to push their screwed up political (and moral) agenda!
E KY boy

Hyden, KY

#78108 Dec 14, 2012
W KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
If you have an Amish or Mennonite store around check with them on the apples. They should have some or be able to get you some.:)
just bet you some apples cut them up put them in the dehydrate they will dry good in one.
JOE NOBODY

Bloomington, IN

#78109 Dec 14, 2012
dont be fooled, Seems to me, that you are the fool. What has Iran done to us? You must be a Lib, ignorant and misinformed!

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#78110 Dec 14, 2012
Anything about the birds??
W KY Girl

United States

#78111 Dec 14, 2012
E KY boy wrote:
<quoted text>just bet you some apples cut them up put them in the dehydrate they will dry good in one.
That is true too.:) Do any of y'all know what kind of apples the old folks used for cooking, sweet apples or sour Granny Smiths?
trusted

New Haven, KY

#78112 Dec 14, 2012
W KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
That is true too.:) Do any of y'all know what kind of apples the old folks used for cooking, sweet apples or sour Granny Smiths?
I have always used granny smiths. Nothin better than some cooked up with biscuits and a glass of milk...

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#78113 Dec 14, 2012
6.4 followed by 6.1 shallow depth earthquakes near Avalon California. "Whole lotta shakin'goin'on." It's just dang cold in this neck of the woods. Good morning, Everyone.
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#78114 Dec 14, 2012
The Geminids meteor shower did not dissapoint, there was well over a hundred per hour between midnight and one am. Unfortunatly, ol Hempy fell asleep in that warm sleeping bag and woke up about five am. The meteor shower had slowed to about 45 per hour so I abandoned the adventure about 6 am. Now I remember how it feels to wake up all stuffy nosed and drug out from camping out, lol. But it was worth it, and it makes my morning jave all the better.
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#78115 Dec 14, 2012
W KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
That is true too.:) Do any of y'all know what kind of apples the old folks used for cooking, sweet apples or sour Granny Smiths?
Tart apples, the best are Jona Gold but good luck in getting them, they are scoffed up so fast they are usually gone early in the season by big companies like marie collander and hostess. Granny Smith and young gala will do fine too.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#78116 Dec 14, 2012
Hempburn wrote:
The Geminids meteor shower did not dissapoint, there was well over a hundred per hour between midnight and one am. Unfortunatly, ol Hempy fell asleep in that warm sleeping bag and woke up about five am. The meteor shower had slowed to about 45 per hour so I abandoned the adventure about 6 am. Now I remember how it feels to wake up all stuffy nosed and drug out from camping out, lol. But it was worth it, and it makes my morning jave all the better.
I went outside about 1:00 A.M., and saw a few, but it was so cold that Stein and I went back in and went to sleep. Coffee is good any morning. Can't wake up without it.
trusted

New Haven, KY

#78117 Dec 14, 2012
Hempburn wrote:
The Geminids meteor shower did not dissapoint, there was well over a hundred per hour between midnight and one am. Unfortunatly, ol Hempy fell asleep in that warm sleeping bag and woke up about five am. The meteor shower had slowed to about 45 per hour so I abandoned the adventure about 6 am. Now I remember how it feels to wake up all stuffy nosed and drug out from camping out, lol. But it was worth it, and it makes my morning jave all the better.
I saw something as I was driving last night. Only thought it was a falling star. Dummy me wished on it , oh well, guess I could have alot of wishes , had I been watching. lol It was neat though...
W KY Girl

United States

#78119 Dec 14, 2012
Hempburn wrote:
<quoted text>
Tart apples, the best are Jona Gold but good luck in getting them, they are scoffed up so fast they are usually gone early in the season by big companies like marie collander and hostess. Granny Smith and young gala will do fine too.
Well Hostess won't be needing them anymore. I love Granny Smiths!
Dang I saw a few of those shooting stars but I guess I gave up too soon.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#78126 Dec 14, 2012
Oglala wrote:
6.4 followed by 6.1 shallow depth earthquakes near Avalon California. "Whole lotta shakin'goin'on." It's just dang cold in this neck of the woods. Good morning, Everyone.
Good morning. Hope you are doing well on this fine day. It's ok to throw in magnapoots, if you like. Lol.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#78127 Dec 14, 2012
W KY Girl wrote:
Ancient Wolf, do you do much cooking on your wood stove?
Not much, but some. It will be good if we have a power outtage. MY internet has been down for the last 24 hours.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#78128 Dec 14, 2012
Another morning, watching the birds.
Dana

Ashland, KY

#78129 Dec 14, 2012
W KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
If you have an Amish or Mennonite store around check with them on the apples. They should have some or be able to get you some.:)
Thanks. We do have one in town. I will call them to day.
I think I have seen dried apples in a box, like the ones raisins come in.
Is it OK to use apple butter if can't find dried apples?

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#78130 Dec 14, 2012
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
Another morning, watching the birds.
I'm going to go out after while to see if the birds are out. I was out early to let the dogs pee. I didn't notice any birds. Ol' kitty tom jumps up on the porch rail demanding 100% of my attention. If he doesn't get full attention he reminds me with claws to the chest. Lol.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#78131 Dec 14, 2012
W KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
That is true too.:) Do any of y'all know what kind of apples the old folks used for cooking, sweet apples or sour Granny Smiths?
It did not matter, we used whatever was on the trees, from Graany Smiths to the yellow June apples.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#78132 Dec 14, 2012
Dana wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks. We do have one in town. I will call them to day.
I think I have seen dried apples in a box, like the ones raisins come in.
Is it OK to use apple butter if can't find dried apples?
Apple butter works just fine.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#78133 Dec 14, 2012
I like to make individual serving size of hot fried apple pies using apple butter and the canned yeast rolls and a dip of vanilla ice cream.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Middlesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 8 min Happy Lesbo 167,787
Islamic Mosque moving to old Tommy's Motosports... 2 hr Buster 7
BullyingInBCHS 4 hr Rules 11
Is Smithfield hard work? 5 hr sam 4
Middlesboro Supertindent 11 hr parent 16
Teresa Blanton 15 hr Warick 14
News Shannon announces run for 87th House District s... 16 hr hes a fake 1

Middlesboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Middlesboro Mortgages