Altercation breaks out at City Council meeting

May 4, 2010 Full story: Middlesboro Daily News 123

An altercation between two Middlesboro City Council members and a city official almost came to blows Tuesday night after the regular session meeting of the City Council.

Full Story
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
WHAT

Middlesboro, KY

#1 May 4, 2010
oh wow!
The Ripper

United States

#2 May 4, 2010
Leeman Moyers needs an azz ripping.
yes

Middlesboro, KY

#3 May 4, 2010
So much more to this.
Jack

United States

#4 May 5, 2010
If city officials are gonna act like this we have a right to know what happened
My2Cents

Middlesboro, KY

#5 May 5, 2010
Leeman needs to go. He has a bad attitude and he treats everybody like dirt. I don't know why they don't get rid of him. But maybe this is a step in that direction.
Just Saying

Middlesboro, KY

#6 May 5, 2010
Well I have to agree MOYERS can, and is a butt sometimes, however the CARTERS are no different. LUCAS has zero bussiness on any council or board. The CARTERS are for LBK, think about it, is this how we want our town reported in the news? Heck lets just bring back FROG to go with the CARTERS and BILL KELLEY. They all should be ashamed!!!!
Truth

Middlesboro, KY

#7 May 5, 2010
Just Saying wrote:
Well I have to agree MOYERS can, and is a butt sometimes, however the CARTERS are no different. LUCAS has zero bussiness on any council or board. The CARTERS are for LBK, think about it, is this how we want our town reported in the news? Heck lets just bring back FROG to go with the CARTERS and BILL KELLEY. They all should be ashamed!!!!
Guess what? The CARTERS were elected!! Which means that people CHOSE them to serve. Did anyone vote Moyers into anything. NO!!
Going backwards

United States

#8 May 5, 2010
Gees people surley after years of peace we arn't going back to the days of petty bickering. The Carter boys, and Lemon need to grow up! I think all three should resign now. If they really care about Middlesboro that's is what they would do, but if they are there serving themseleves then I guess they will hang on. Grow up or get out...
just me

Jeffersonville, KY

#9 May 5, 2010
Leamon Moyers is a joke and needs to be in jail for his actions. Last night is not jail worthy, but everything else he does is. There are pictures and videos of Leamon using city goods for his and his friends' own use. The other officials that have knowledge of this behavior need to be removed as well. To Leamon, buddy, it's way too late to cover your tracks now. Just quit and get ready for prison.
HAD ENOUGH

Middlesboro, KY

#10 May 5, 2010
Vote the "obnoxious" Carters out of office !
lulu

Kennett, MO

#12 May 5, 2010
What was the fight about?

I think any "adult" who acts like this at meetings should be made to stand in the corner. Fitting punishment for childish behavior.

These people are an embarrassment to our town.
about moyers

Middlesboro, KY

#11 May 5, 2010
You can not hear a conversation, and there are many, about Leeman Moyers, that it is not negative. He has been rude to many home owners over tree limbs, etc to be picked up. This has gone on for years. If Hickman is not re-elected, Leeman is clearly one of the reasons. I have personally seen a near physical altercation with Moyers and a home owner over limbs. It was rude, unprofessional, unnecessary, along with profane language used by him, and I, as a tax payer want him out of city business in every sense. I am not a Carter, nor anyone that attended that meeting; just a tax payer not associated with either party who demands Moyers is to go!
If you play u gotta pay

United States

#13 May 5, 2010
I am glad to see someone stand up against moyers I have watched him be so arrogant and rude and disrespectful to a neighbor of mine...I was very dissapointed that our officials allow him to do what he does, have nothing against mayor hickman but he want get my familes vote because of moyers and his ways

Since: May 10

Somerset, KY

#14 May 5, 2010
I have dealt with Leeman on many different occasions, he is always a prick no matter the situation. It doesn't matter how anyone treats Leeman, he treats everyone the same, no respect at all. He needs to be removed, he is definitely an embarrassment to this city.
Uh huh

New Tazewell, TN

#15 May 5, 2010
I don't know the Carter's, but I do know Moyers and he is a basta**. He thinks his sh** don't stink, like he owns Middlesboro. Somebody needs to beat the he** out of him, bring him down a few notches.
it is true

Winchester, KY

#16 May 5, 2010
would you believe Leeman professed to be a minister and pastored a church on 25-E just north of Pineville.
Muntz

Lexington, KY

#17 May 5, 2010
No wonder Middlesboro is crumbling. Your own city council is literally fighting each other. You guys should let them go at it, and charge people to see it. I bet your town wont be deserted than.
HA HA!
Muntz

Lexington, KY

#18 May 5, 2010
*then
My2Cents

Middlesboro, KY

#19 May 5, 2010
it is true wrote:
would you believe Leeman professed to be a minister and pastored a church on 25-E just north of Pineville.
Yeah, I remember that.
jjj

Middlesboro, KY

#20 May 5, 2010
leemon moyers does a hell of a job and he expedtes the people under him to do the same....yes he oes not have a smooth delivery wheh he talks to you whitch would you rather have a slick talker or someone to get the job done ? why would you vote against ben hickman fort mayor just because leemon dont know how to talk to people ? dot throwout tht baby with the wash water

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Middlesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
drug dealers on SouthSide 12 min concern citizen 3
Middlesboro Police Dept Gossip (epic) 1 hr hehe 21
If you could drop a turd in the mouth of any co... 1 hr A little poopie 3
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 2 hr Judy 5,521
drug dealers on SouthSide 4 hr concerned parent 8
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 hr Cornelius Scudmister 154,006
middlesboros hot moms 4 hr junkman1 7
•••
•••
•••

Middlesboro Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Middlesboro People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Middlesboro News, Events & Info