Gallipolis, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Judged:

Looks like another bitanga thread got deleted AGAIN lol . They seem to last till one of their students puts their foot in their mouths. Every time one of them threatens someone or calls for people to find one of us that is not in favor of bitanga the thread magically goes poof.
THE FURY

Gallipolis, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Judged:

Fear the fury of the mighty mcdojo !!!!!!
hankjr

Gallipolis, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

You know I have read this topic a few time and never seen anyone from their defend or give an answer to any of the " mcdojo" claims . All anyone seems to say back is " well my kid gets better grades" or they just insult the person and say we will find you. It seems where there's smoke there's fire.
Bruce C

Gallipolis, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

hankjr wrote:
You know I have read this topic a few time and never seen anyone from their defend or give an answer to any of the " mcdojo" claims . All anyone seems to say back is " well my kid gets better grades" or they just insult the person and say we will find you. It seems where there's smoke there's fire.
agree
the real fighter

Gallipolis, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

hankjr wrote:
parents like to do what's best for their kids and when someone not only tells them but proves them wrong , its a bit upsetting to think as a parent they might not have, so instead of admitting wrong they get defensive and react that way.
MrJones

Gallipolis, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

A real martial arts gym mma/ jiu-jitsu/boxing/kickboxing ---> http://www.midohiovalleybjj.com
Jiu jitsu under Jason cable : brown belt under Jorge gurgel
Kickboxing and boxing under mike Sheppard : Pro Kickboxing Record 24-7-1 19 KO's Pro Boxing Record 20-13-1 9 KO's
Amatuer Boxing Record 42-3 31 KO's
Pro MMA Record 7-2-1no contest
Current IKF Heavyweight International rules and Cruiser weight full contact World Champ. Current PKF Cruiserweight full contact World Champ. Former ISKA Super Cruiserweight freestyle rules World Champ. Former ISKA Heavyweight full contact rules US Champ.(Relinquished Title)
Former West Virgina Pro Boxing Cruiserweight and Heavyweight Champ.(Relinquished Title)
K-1 King of the Gladiators 8 Man Tournament Champ.
derrick

Gallipolis, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

MrJones wrote:
A real martial arts gym mma/ jiu-jitsu/boxing/kickboxing ---> http://www.midohiovalleybjj.com
Jiu jitsu under Jason cable : brown belt under Jorge gurgel
Kickboxing and boxing under mike Sheppard : Pro Kickboxing Record 24-7-1 19 KO's Pro Boxing Record 20-13-1 9 KO's
Amatuer Boxing Record 42-3 31 KO's
Pro MMA Record 7-2-1no contest
Current IKF Heavyweight International rules and Cruiser weight full contact World Champ. Current PKF Cruiserweight full contact World Champ. Former ISKA Super Cruiserweight freestyle rules World Champ. Former ISKA Heavyweight full contact rules US Champ.(Relinquished Title)
Former West Virgina Pro Boxing Cruiserweight and Heavyweight Champ.(Relinquished Title)
K-1 King of the Gladiators 8 Man Tournament Champ.
It looks like midohiovallybjj charges half the price. thats pretty cool im going to have to check them out.
georgie

Gallipolis, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

the real fighter wrote:
Looks like another bitanga thread got deleted AGAIN lol . They seem to last till one of their students puts their foot in their mouths. Every time one of them threatens someone or calls for people to find one of us that is not in favor of bitanga the thread magically goes poof.
it looks like they have nothing to say. Of course I would to if I had to eat crow that much.
jackie

Point Pleasant, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

omg give it the hell up already people I mean really...and btw there is someone on here who using 2 names and I know who you are so really get a life...
Hahn

New Haven, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

It's a bit disturbing to find people who know so much about martial arts and then promote an MMA gym. I love it when people talk about BJJ as if it was real jiu jitsu when the founder of BJJ studied Judo and then added to it.
MMA is not a real martial art. Martia Arts are generations of generations worth of knowledge back in Asia that is studied from youth until death in many families.
Also, the only belt that matters is the black. And in many cases, like Muy Thai, there is no belt, just knowledge passed on.
This is why many arts refused to teach to other countries because they change things and it's no longer the art it was supposed to be.
the real fighter

Gallipolis, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Hahn wrote:
It's a bit disturbing to find people who know so much about martial arts and then promote an MMA gym. I love it when people talk about BJJ as if it was real jiu jitsu when the founder of BJJ studied Judo and then added to it.
MMA is not a real martial art. Martia Arts are generations of generations worth of knowledge back in Asia that is studied from youth until death in many families.
Also, the only belt that matters is the black. And in many cases, like Muy Thai, there is no belt, just knowledge passed on.
This is why many arts refused to teach to other countries because they change things and it's no longer the art it was supposed to be.
love how you say bjj isn't a martial art because it is a modified version of judo, when judo did the same thing to ju-jitsu as did most martial arts. Gracie did to jiu jitsu the same thing that ed Parker did to kenpo and Bruce lee did to jeet Jun do, or chuck Norris did with chunk kuk do. Are you saying these aren't martial art ? Saying mma isn't martial arts is just dumb . Mma means mixed martial arts , its not just one but its many martial arts . It just a more modern vertion of what Bruce lee did and what pankration did before that. Lrts not forget many Emma stars have rank king traditional style , gsp has a black belt in kyokushin karate and in bjj, ben henderson has a black belt in tkd and bjj. Dan inosanto also has a bjj black belt, chuck norris has a bjj black belt, Are you saying these are not martial artists . So please PLEASE tell me what make you an expert in defining what or who is a martial artist. The earliest forms of martial arts can be traced back to ancient China, more than 4000 years ago, during the Xia Dynasty. Although the term martial art has become heavily associated with the fighting arts of eastern Asia, it was originally used in regard to the combat systems of Europe as early as the 1550s. An English fencing manual of 1639 used the term in reference specifically to the "Science and Art" of swordplay. The term is ultimately derived from Latin, and means "Arts of Mars," where Mars is the Roman god of war.[1] Some martial arts are considered 'traditional' and are tied to an ethnic, cultural or religious background, while others are modern systems developed either by a founder or an association. Anything from wrestling , fencing , boxing , or even bjj are martial arts so go educate yourself before you get yourself burned AGAIN.
Hahn

New Haven, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Yes, I feel burned. Right.

Bruce Lee, Dan Inosanto, and even Chuck Norris mastered one art before working on another.

Judo may have been derived from jiu-jitsu but it was meant as a sport and not a martial art.

As to MMA, yes, thank you stating the obvious about what it means. That doesn't mean that's what it represents. Pankration is not a martial art. There are movements and rhythms to martial arts. MMA focuses on taking your opponent to the ground. Martial Arts are used to defend against weapons in any type of warfare.

Go into any spec ops training and they never focus on taking their opponents to the ground. They try to teach martial arts.

Wrestlers make good MMA fighters but not good martial artists. Human Weapon anyone?
the real fighter

Gallipolis, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Hahn wrote:
Yes, I feel burned. Right.
Bruce Lee, Dan Inosanto, and even Chuck Norris mastered one art before working on another.
Judo may have been derived from jiu-jitsu but it was meant as a sport and not a martial art.
As to MMA, yes, thank you stating the obvious about what it means. That doesn't mean that's what it represents. Pankration is not a martial art. There are movements and rhythms to martial arts. MMA focuses on taking your opponent to the ground. Martial Arts are used to defend against weapons in any type of warfare.
Go into any spec ops training and they never focus on taking their opponents to the ground. They try to teach martial arts.
Wrestlers make good MMA fighters but not good martial artists. Human Weapon anyone?
Pankration (pron.:/pæn.&#712;kre& #618;ti.&#594;n/ or /pæ&#331;&#712;kre &#618;&#643;&#601; n/) was a martial art introduced into the Greek Olympic Games in 648 BC and founded as a blend of boxing and wrestling but with scarcely any rules. The only things not acceptable were biting and gouging of the opponent's eyes. The term comes from the Greek &#960;&#945;&#947; &#954;&#961;&#940; &#964;&#953;&#959; &#957; [pa&#331;krátion], literally meaning "all powers" from &#960; &#957; (pan-) "all" + &#954;&#961;&#940; &#964;&#959;&#962; (kratos) "strength, power". Via wikipedia. So yes its a martial art like I said go educate your self, and the chosen form of self defence for the military is Gracie jiu jitsu . Not only that but jiu jitsu has proven its self as the most dominant self defence out there today. Kicking and punching doesn't really work when someone takes you down takes your back and starts pounding your head right before choking you out. That's why the samurai developed just jitsu to begin with, why ? Becausepunching and kicking a armored soldier doesn't work , but disarming them and breaking there arm and choke them out and then kill them does . So let's not forget jiu jitsu does have weapons defence which the Gracie's did pass on to bjj. Seriously stop being so naive try Wikipedia to start or buy a book get your nose out of the cell phone. Good idea is a website called bullshido .
Jake

Gallipolis, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

the real fighter wrote:
<quoted text> Pankration (pron.:/pæn.&#712;kre& #618;ti.&#594;n/ or /pæ&#331;&#712;kre &#618;&#643;&#601; n/) was a martial art introduced into the Greek Olympic Games in 648 BC and founded as a blend of boxing and wrestling but with scarcely any rules. The only things not acceptable were biting and gouging of the opponent's eyes. The term comes from the Greek &#960;&#945;&#947; &#954;&#961;&#940; &#964;&#953;&#959; &#957; [pa&#331;krátion], literally meaning "all powers" from &#960; &#957; (pan-) "all" + &#954;&#961;&#940; &#964;&#959;&#962; (kratos) "strength, power". Via wikipedia. So yes its a martial art like I said go educate your self, and the chosen form of self defence for the military is Gracie jiu jitsu . Not only that but jiu jitsu has proven its self as the most dominant self defence out there today. Kicking and punching doesn't really work when someone takes you down takes your back and starts pounding your head right before choking you out. That's why the samurai developed just jitsu to begin with, why ? Becausepunching and kicking a armored soldier doesn't work , but disarming them and breaking there arm and choke them out and then kill them does . So let's not forget jiu jitsu does have weapons defence which the Gracie's did pass on to bjj. Seriously stop being so naive try Wikipedia to start or buy a book get your nose out of the cell phone. Good idea is a website called bullshido .
I like to add that Russia Special forces- combat sambo which is a grappling style , Israel Special Forces-Krav maga a grappling style , and us military does use primarily Gracie bjj. Also the army a combatives competition which is a mma tournament . I'm not being bias I love all martial arts just trying to help set the facts right.
Hahn

New Haven, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Wikipedia is not a legitimate source for enlightenment. Ask any college professor if they allow their students to source Wikipedia.

Also incorrect when it comes to Jiu-jitsu as the choice if martial art for the military. As a vet of the USMC I can honestly say it wasn't BJJ. We learned an arm bar or leg lock that is not unique to BJJ. We learned from actual jiu-jitsu and other arts for specific reasons.

Also go to Asia where the martial arts aren't watered down. The jiu-jitsu formed by the Samurai is not the same thing as Gracie jiu-jitsu.

Shalom.
the real fighter

Gallipolis, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Hahn wrote:
Wikipedia is not a legitimate source for enlightenment. Ask any college professor if they allow their students to source Wikipedia.
Also incorrect when it comes to Jiu-jitsu as the choice if martial art for the military. As a vet of the USMC I can honestly say it wasn't BJJ. We learned an arm bar or leg lock that is not unique to BJJ. We learned from actual jiu-jitsu and other arts for specific reasons.
Also go to Asia where the martial arts aren't watered down. The jiu-jitsu formed by the Samurai is not the same thing as Gracie jiu-jitsu.
Shalom.
Sorry your wrong. the United States Marine Corps replaced its LINE combat system with Marine Corps Martial Arts Program in 2002, Army adopted the Modern Army Combatives (MAC) program the same year with the publishing of Field Manual 3-25.150. MAC draws from systems such as Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Judo, Muay Thai, Boxing and eskrima, which could be trained "live" and can be fully integrated into current Close Quarters Battle tactics and training methods
Hahn

New Haven, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Also Krav Maga is a series of takedowns and breaks. Even the Krav Maga Association of America differentiates itself from ground fighting which they call BJJ.
Hahn

New Haven, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

We will correct all USMC and tell them what they are learning and what they aren't learning.

The good Lord knows BJJ is very handy in Iraq.

Also the reason we replaced line training was because it became too dangerous to use during peace time situations. But as I said before, the movements we used that even resemble BJJ are not unique to BJJ. Sweeps were taught by police in China as a defense of the US embassy, as we're the choke holds. Truth is, Muy Thai and boxing had more influence on what we learned than BJJ.

Do you work for the BJJ gym in Ohio? You seem to be very defensive about it. It seems to be the only martial art you seem to really discuss, other than MMA that is.
the real fighter

Gallipolis, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Hahn wrote:
Shalom.
I'd like to say that I am going back to school for the first time in 13 years and wiki is used a lot , just as long as its work cited . Stop being a jealous person. If heard the bjj isn't a real martial art crap for years and the people arguing against bjj never win it. Most of the anger toward bjj come from the fact that the Gracie family were a bit bullish , but they proved their point and proved its effectiveness.
the real fighter

Gallipolis, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Hahn wrote:
Also Krav Maga is a series of takedowns and breaks. Even the Krav Maga Association of America differentiates itself from ground fighting which they call BJJ.
krav maga is a blend of grappling and mauy thai

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of120
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Middleport Discussions

Search the Middleport Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 1 hr Pope Che Reagan Christ I 28,652
why the snitches thread get deleted 5 hr blahaha 4
Who's the baddest man around here?? (Nov '10) 9 hr Quit Hating 115
Todd davis??? Anyone know of him??? 16 hr britt 6
Powells FoodFair (Jan '12) 17 hr sunshine 43
Help Lincoln 19 hr tmj 61
brandon goodwin (May '12) 20 hr meigs 10
•••
•••
•••
•••

Middleport Jobs

•••