MEDINA: Phelps case dropped

MEDINA: Phelps case dropped

There are 21 comments on the Union-Sun & Journal story from Jan 27, 2010, titled MEDINA: Phelps case dropped. In it, Union-Sun & Journal reports that:

A grand jury has decided that there was not enough evidence in a sexual abuse case against Medina Railroad Museum founder and director Martin Phelps, and the case has officially been thrown out.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Union-Sun & Journal.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
wow

Rochester, NY

#1 Jan 27, 2010
Then why was he arrested? Leave it to Joe Cardone to screw up again. What is it with the law enforcment in this area arresting people only to have cases dropped or turn out in the favor of the accused. Note to law enforcement....if you don't have the evidence don't waste tax payer dollars on cases that are going to go nowhere.
Hoss

Pittsford, NY

#2 Jan 27, 2010
Dont be fooled. Cardone has a reason for everything he does. It may have been to settle a score for someone, protect one of his dirty buddies or you could be right... he is just a screwup. Cardone is a gangster with a badge.
Hossknows best

Rochester, NY

#3 Jan 28, 2010
Hoss wrote:
Dont be fooled. Cardone has a reason for everything he does. It may have been to settle a score for someone, protect one of his dirty buddies or you could be right... he is just a screwup. Cardone is a gangster with a badge.
Couldn't agree more. This guy has abused his position numerous times for family members. The only reason he has a job is because no one runs against him for DA. He ran his fathers law business into the ground and fortunately for him fell into the DA position.
agreewith hoss

Auburn, NY

#4 Feb 1, 2010
This guy has been using his power to screw up many lives. He has no conscience for what he does to settle a family score. Look at Medina case!his sister on board and mother in law pushing for an arrest. He is a joke for a DA. Orleans County is a Joke!!!
Wheres the followup

AOL

#5 Feb 8, 2010
After being adjourned so many times, the poor woman probably had to give up on the thought of any justice. How many times can you show up with an attorney only to have the case adjourned time after time. I don't know if this is the case as the court records are not available on-line (that I know of).
TJ Hooker

AOL

#6 Aug 6, 2010
Now its onto a law suit and job resignations.
disappointed

Batavia, NY

#7 Aug 7, 2010
whose job?????what law suit?????
Harry Crowley

AOL

#8 Aug 11, 2010
his lawsuit against the world and all the peeps whom wronged him
Celino and Barnes

Batavia, NY

#9 Dec 28, 2011
He receently turned down one million from the village to make his lawsuit go away! He wants two jobs, a Police Chief and a Sargent....
followup

AOL

#10 Dec 28, 2011
Cardones position is up for election next year 2012. Anyone going to run against him?
Conservative link

Batavia, NY

#11 Dec 30, 2011
According to Jared Sai, Jack Shaw intends to return to the area and run against DA Vinnie.
Idiots All Around

Batavia, NY

#12 Dec 30, 2011
Conservative link wrote:
According to Jared Sai, Jack Shaw intends to return to the area and run against DA Vinnie.
Wow...there is an impeccable source if I ever heard of one. I wonder what other revelations Mr. Saj will come up with. Perhaps the newspapers should be contacting him for info.
And so it is said

Batavia, NY

#13 Dec 30, 2011
Jared is the mouth piece of the current legislative body of the republican party of orleans. he sits to the right of eddie morgan and gives meaningful advice to all district committees.
Labatt Blue Light

Batavia, NY

#14 Jan 3, 2012
Marty Phelps should never have been arrested in the first place. I have known Marty for over 20 years and this arrest was bullshit. I hope he sues the Police Chief, Sergeant no nothing and the Village Of Medina. I'm hearing somewhere in the vicinity of 5.5 million dollars and he wants both of their jobs. Go for the juggler Marty, piss on these A-holes.
Idiots All Around

Batavia, NY

#15 Jan 4, 2012
Labatt Blue Light wrote:
Marty Phelps should never have been arrested in the first place. I have known Marty for over 20 years and this arrest was bullshit. I hope he sues the Police Chief, Sergeant no nothing and the Village Of Medina. I'm hearing somewhere in the vicinity of 5.5 million dollars and he wants both of their jobs. Go for the juggler Marty, piss on these A-holes.
How many times does an arrest occur and a grand jury returns a no bill. that is what happened in this case and it happens every time the grand jury convenes. Yet most people don't go suing municpal servants just because the grand jury doesn't find enough evidence. A complaint was made and the police followed up on it and arrested Phelps. Let the legal system work out the rest of the problems.

You may have known Marty Phelps for over 20 years but that doesn't blunt the fact that he is one of the most arrogant people to walk the face of the earth. If you think he is bringing people into Medina for the good of the community then think again. it's for the good of Marty Phelps. Everything he does is for his own benefit. He could care less about Medina other than it is his personal cash cow with these specials that he runs. After all, can you name one thing Marty has done for the community? He asks for volunteers and then pays an organization peanuts for hundreds of hours of volunteer work. Let him pay at least minimum wage. We all know that ain't happening.

As far as the charges are concerned, I believe them.
Labatt Blue Light

Batavia, NY

#16 Jan 4, 2012
Idiots All Around wrote:
<quoted text>
How many times does an arrest occur and a grand jury returns a no bill. that is what happened in this case and it happens every time the grand jury convenes. Yet most people don't go suing municpal servants just because the grand jury doesn't find enough evidence. A complaint was made and the police followed up on it and arrested Phelps. Let the legal system work out the rest of the problems.
You may have known Marty Phelps for over 20 years but that doesn't blunt the fact that he is one of the most arrogant people to walk the face of the earth. If you think he is bringing people into Medina for the good of the community then think again. it's for the good of Marty Phelps. Everything he does is for his own benefit. He could care less about Medina other than it is his personal cash cow with these specials that he runs. After all, can you name one thing Marty has done for the community? He asks for volunteers and then pays an organization peanuts for hundreds of hours of volunteer work. Let him pay at least minimum wage. We all know that ain't happening.
As far as the charges are concerned, I believe them.
I'm not saying Marty is perfect by far, however before you arrest someone on charges this serious and drag his name through the mud and media you better have your t's crossed and i's dotted. I know how the Chiefy in Medina operates. He's a slick character behind the scenes, who jumps to conclusions. Thats why it's very important to have a Chief of Police with at least a Bachelors degree and better yet a Masters degree running your police department. GED does not cut it in 2012.
Marty Felterup

AOL

#17 Jan 4, 2012
Labatt Blue Light wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not saying Marty is perfect by far, however before you arrest someone on charges this serious and drag his name through the mud and media you better have your t's crossed and i's dotted. I know how the Chiefy in Medina operates. He's a slick character behind the scenes, who jumps to conclusions. Thats why it's very important to have a Chief of Police with at least a Bachelors degree and better yet a Masters degree running your police department. GED does not cut it in 2012.
So your saying that someone who has a degree would make them smarter? Sorry pal i'll trust the guy who never went to college to have more common sense any day. As for Marty all he's done is go around begging others to keep his dream alive. He is just another parasite and im willing to bet he really did what he was charged with.
Labatt Blue Light

Batavia, NY

#18 Jan 5, 2012
Marty Felterup wrote:
<quoted text>
So your saying that someone who has a degree would make them smarter? Sorry pal i'll trust the guy who never went to college to have more common sense any day. As for Marty all he's done is go around begging others to keep his dream alive. He is just another parasite and im willing to bet he really did what he was charged with.
Yeah I think a degree does make you smarter and have more common sense. I speak through experience pal, because i have a Bachelors Degree and have managed to make six figures in Orleans County the past ten years in a row. Never been laid off and laugh my ass off everytime i look at my paycheck.
Marty Felterup

AOL

#19 Jan 7, 2012
Labatt Blue Light wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah I think a degree does make you smarter and have more common sense. I speak through experience pal, because i have a Bachelors Degree and have managed to make six figures in Orleans County the past ten years in a row. Never been laid off and laugh my ass off everytime i look at my paycheck.
Yeah ok . You sound like a pompous a$$. You make six figures in your dreams. Your probably on welfare and laugh your a$$ off at how the real people who work have to support you and pay for everything your loser a$$ gets from the tax payers. You never been laid off because you never had a job. Your stupid and you have convinced yourself otherwise. Arrogant slob.
Thomas the Train

Batavia, NY

#20 Mar 23, 2012
Woooo Woooooooo!the Law suit is settled with the case sealed! Why as a taxpayer are we not privy to what was the end result! Wooooo Wooooooooo!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Middleport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
medina firefighter can't even pass national bas... (May '15) Nov '16 Itsmylife 60
News State police arrest Alabama resident suspected ... Sep '16 dehm my nuts 1
The Jester Sep '16 DayStar__ 1
Fireball in sky over lake Ontario (Sep '07) Sep '16 bigbuck 31
News Lyndonville Schools: Teacher's nude photos take... (May '07) Sep '16 HalfDead16 93
News Orleans County paster charged with abusing chil... (Dec '13) Feb '14 disappointed 8
News NY Fire rescue caught on camera (Jan '14) Jan '14 John Swick is a g... 1

Middleport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Middleport Mortgages